Official Team Thread S31 - Sin City Swamprats [Ant Bear - Toots Hibbert Award Winner]

Remove this Banner Ad

The Captain's Word (R5)
We can narrow down our issues to only three problems: offense, defense, and midfield. Everything else is fine.

Preview (R4)
S31R04

WHEN HEAVEN AND HELL COLLIDE: Part 29

Rats and Bears share the Los Carraras Mall. While Las Vegas has its oval on the rooftop, Sin City owns the basement. When they play each other, it is as if the Underworld and the World Above meet in challenge for superiority. This week, it will be the 29th time in SFA history that Heaven and Hell collide!

Their H2H record is: SCS 16-12 LVB.

In Finals, it’s SCS 4-0 LVB. Two of those games were in Grand Finals: S06 and S27.

The first clash between Rats and Bears was in S05R06, with a Swampy win. They played 7 games from S05 to S07, with the Rats getting all the points in 5 of them – including the S06GF.

They would face each other again only in S18, with another Rat victory.

From S19 to S25, however, the Bears would dominate the series – winning 7 out of 10 games, including 4 in a row. Still, the Rats would won the only Final match between both teams (S20SF).

Then, the Rats responded, winning 6 consecutive matches between S26R11 to S28R07, including 2 Finals (S26EF, S27GF).

Since then, the Bears have won 2 of the past three games, with the Rats winning the last meeting.

In this everlasting battle between Good and Evil, who will win this week?

S31R04

WHEN HEAVEN AND HELL COLLIDE: Part 29

Rats and Bears share the Los Carraras Mall. While Las Vegas has its oval on the rooftop, Sin City owns the basement. When they play each other, it is as if the Underworld and the World Above meet in challenge for superiority. This week, it will be the 29th time in SFA history that Heaven and Hell collide!

Their H2H record is: SCS 16-12 LVB.

In Finals, it’s SCS 4-0 LVB. Two of those games were in Grand Finals: S06 and S27.

The first clash between Rats and Bears was in S05R06, with a Swampy win. They played 7 games from S05 to S07, with the Rats getting all the points in 5 of them – including the S06GF.

They would face each other again only in S18, with another Rat victory.

From S19 to S25, however, the Bears would dominate the series – winning 7 out of 10 games, including 4 in a row. Still, the Rats would won the only Final match between both teams (S20SF).

Then, the Rats responded, winning 6 consecutive matches between S26R11 to S28R07, including 2 Finals (S26EF, S27GF).

Since then, the Bears have won 2 of the past three games, with the Rats winning the last meeting.

In this everlasting battle between Good and Evil, who will win this week?
Tardy, or masochistic?

Preview (R5)
S31R05

The Wonder Rat 37

This week will be the 37th time that the West Coast Wonders and the Sin City Swamprats face-off in an official SFA match. A clash between these clubs should be called Wonder Rat. (If you disagree, please, send your arguments to gremiopower@ead.rat.sw)

The first Wonders-Swamprats was in S04R11, with the more-experienced Wonders being victorious over a Swampy side in its rookie season.

The result set the tone for the match-up between the clubs for years. From S04 to S17, West Coast won 10 of the 16 encounters. In Finals, though, the clubs split the series – 1 win each (S05EF, Rats; S16EF, Wonders).

In S18, however, everything has changed. The Rats won the Opening Day clash that season, and, since then, they own the series.

From S18R01 to S21R13, the Sin Citizens won 6 straight matches. They have also won 9 of the next 14 meetings – including two Finals (S25SF; S28SF) and the last match between both clubs (S30R07).

Currently, the historical head-to-head shows: SCS 21-15 WON (Finals: SCS 3-1 WON)

Will the tide remain favouring the Rats or finally turn towards the Wonders?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rat of the Week (R5) - Catsnlakers
Well, after several days of driving, digging for buried treasure and then hiding a number of bodies in the holes, here it is.

#ratoftheweek - Round 5 Edition

After last week's nomination of FishingRick04 which attracted a record level of interest, I've decided to continue on the theme of focussing on our league leading season 31 rookies. This week I caught up with Catsnlakers. Being such a busy man, I had to wait until he was on his lunch break. Here he is in action below:

Me: Congratulation on your #ratoftheweeknomination. How excited were you when you found out?
CnL: I felt like my life was complete, it’s an amazing organisation to be apart of.

Me: Also, congratulation on your nomination for the rookie of the year award. Did GremioPower take you out for ice cream like he did with FishingRick04?
CnL: No ice cream, it was straight to the strippers, what a night.....

Me: This season's Rats rookies have made a big impression on the SFA. Which (if any) of the rookies for the other clubs have caught your eye? Is it true that you and FishingRick04 and powerrrrrrrrrrrr have wet towel fights in the changerooms after the games?
CnL: We have friendly competition, but no wet towel fights, we’ll leave that stuff for the Furies.....And tbh I don’t care one bit for the other teams rookies, us three are all that matters.

Me: The facilities in the Underground Stadium are known being basic and not particularly hygienic.

hilarious_design_fails_cant_believe_featured.jpg
This photo was taken after the recent upgrade.

How have you managed to adapt to these conditions?

CnL: I have no issue with our conditions, through adversity of any kind you achieve resolve, it’s no wonder we’re the envy of the competition.

Me: Which opposition club have you enjoyed bantering with the most?
CnL: I quite enjoyed the past week with the Bears, they seemed like a good bunch, unlike that other mob we played in Round 3 (that team that TJASTA plays for).

Me: It must have been exciting to play in front of your home fans for the first time. How did you find it? Is it true you received several marriage proposals?
CnL: I loved it, nothing quite compares to playing at home, & how did you find out about that??....Thought it was on the down low, I had to politely decline a few requests for marriage yes....But we come to an accord that I would make sweet love to them all, so it worked out okay.

Me: Your avatar is giving me the urge to gouge my eyes out. Will you be making foolish av. bets again in the future?
CnL: I can see myself making more bets, I just believe so much in this group & what we’re capable of.

Me: What is your favourite variey of potato-based snackfood?
CnL: Salt & Vinegar potato chips, love them.

Well that wraps up another exciting edition of #ratoftheweek, with another rookie featuring. Will next week see the rookie trifecta, or will a seasoned campaigner earn the gong?

Well, after several days of driving, digging for buried treasure and then hiding a number of bodies in the holes, here it is.

#ratoftheweek - Round 5 Edition

After last week's nomination of FishingRick04 which attracted a record level of interest, I've decided to continue on the theme of focussing on our league leading season 31 rookies. This week I caught up with Catsnlakers. Being such a busy man, I had to wait until he was on his lunch break. Here he is in action below:

Me: Congratulation on your #ratoftheweeknomination. How excited were you when you found out?
CnL: I felt like my life was complete, it’s an amazing organisation to be apart of.

Me: Also, congratulation on your nomination for the rookie of the year award. Did GremioPower take you out for ice cream like he did with FishingRick04?
CnL: No ice cream, it was straight to the strippers, what a night.....

Me: This season's Rats rookies have made a big impression on the SFA. Which (if any) of the rookies for the other clubs have caught your eye? Is it true that you and FishingRick04 and powerrrrrrrrrrrr have wet towel fights in the changerooms after the games?
CnL: We have friendly competition, but no wet towel fights, we’ll leave that stuff for the Furies.....And tbh I don’t care one bit for the other teams rookies, us three are all that matters.

Me: The facilities in the Underground Stadium are known being basic and not particularly hygienic.

hilarious_design_fails_cant_believe_featured.jpg
This photo was taken after the recent upgrade.

How have you managed to adapt to these conditions?

CnL: I have no issue with our conditions, through adversity of any kind you achieve resolve, it’s no wonder we’re the envy of the competition.

Me: Which opposition club have you enjoyed bantering with the most?
CnL: I quite enjoyed the past week with the Bears, they seemed like a good bunch, unlike that other mob we played in Round 3 (that team that TJASTA plays for).

Me: It must have been exciting to play in front of your home fans for the first time. How did you find it? Is it true you received several marriage proposals?
CnL: I loved it, nothing quite compares to playing at home, & how did you find out about that??....Thought it was on the down low, I had to politely decline a few requests for marriage yes....But we come to an accord that I would make sweet love to them all, so it worked out okay.

Me: Your avatar is giving me the urge to gouge my eyes out. Will you be making foolish av. bets again in the future?
CnL: I can see myself making more bets, I just believe so much in this group & what we’re capable of.

Me: What is your favourite variey of potato-based snackfood?
CnL: Salt & Vinegar potato chips, love them.

Well that wraps up another exciting edition of #ratoftheweek, with another rookie featuring. Will next week see the rookie trifecta, or will a seasoned campaigner earn the gong?

The only issue I have with Catsnlakers is that he's too humble.......

Stats (after R5)
Time for another installment of #ratstats. Due to other priorities such as work, gaming and alcohol consumption, it wasn't updated after R4.

Rats_s31_stats.PNG

Rats_s31_posts.PNG

Exciting to see Gameova_ lurking on the fringes, awaiting his return. I was heckled on my way out of the ground by several disgruntled supporters demanding to see him back (and a few asking about Wojcinski too).

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Team Thread S31 - Sin City Swamprats [Ant Bear - Toots Hibbert Award Winner]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back