SA20 2024 Season (10 Jan-10 Feb)

Remove this Banner Ad

After watching the crowds at the Wanderers today, the demographic makeup between a T20 and Test match are entirely different.

Im assuming the 2 Million Rand , 1 hand , 1 catch is a big part of the attraction.

A different crowd there for sure, you wouldn't see most test crowds trying to take one handed screamers for cash.

I think they put a stop to it in NZ as it was getting too dangerous with guys crashing into families with kids trying to take a catch.

Some great crowds and atmosphere there but I would still rather watch a Super Smash game between the Stags and the Firebirds in Napier.

Call me old fashioned but all this razzamatazz is over the top, give me the less crowded and more laidback Super Smash games any day

Some great crowds and atmosphere there but I would still rather watch a Super Smash game between the Stags and the Firebirds in Napier.

Call me old fashioned but all this razzamatazz is over the top, give me the less crowded and more laidback Super Smash games any day
One thing I dont like about the SA 20 is having 2 strategy time outs per innings. It seems like the game goes on for way too long for my liking.

A different crowd there for sure, you wouldn't see most test crowds trying to take one handed screamers for cash.

I think they put a stop to it in NZ as it was getting too dangerous with guys crashing into families with kids trying to take a catch.

I can understand the safety issue, but that's a shame if the case...When you see highlights reels of classic crowd catches a lot of the best ones are in NZ.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Game 6:

Pretoria Capitals (Playing XI): Philip Salt(w), Will Jacks, Theunis de Bruyn, Rilee Rossouw, Colin Ingram, Corbin Bosch, James Neesham(c), Eathan Bosch, Adil Rashid, Hardus Viljoen, Daryn Dupavillon

Paarl Royals (Playing XI): Jason Roy, Jos Buttler(w), Wihan Lubbe, David Miller(c), Mitchell Van Buuren, Fabian Allen, Andile Phehlukwayo, Bjorn Fortuin, Lungi Ngidi, Tabraiz Shamsi, Obed McCoy

Pretoria Capitals have won the toss and have opted to field

(Log in to remove this ad.)

guess that means it's his shout at the bar for everyone
Yep from what I heard in commentary, alot of the reasons why catches have been dropped at the SA20 by fans , is too many are too keen to grab the catch often spoiling the attempts of the persons nearby.

The guy who caught the catch last night , said something along the lines of he was sort of the designated catcher if it got around that area. He also said he would share the spoils if it came around his zone.

Game 7:

Joburg Super Kings (Playing XI): Faf du Plessis(c), Reeza Hendricks, Ronan Hermann(w), Leus du Plooy, Moeen Ali, Donovan Ferreira, David Wiese, Romario Shepherd, Lizaad Williams, Nandre Burger, Imran Tahir

Durban Super Giants (Playing XI): Quinton de Kock(w), Matthew Breetzke, JJ Smuts, Nicholas Pooran, Heinrich Klaasen, Keemo Paul, Wiaan Mulder, Dwaine Pretorius, Keshav Maharaj(c), Richard Gleeson, Reece Topley

Durban Super Giants have won the toss and have opted to bat

Remove this Banner Ad

SA20 2024 Season (10 Jan-10 Feb)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back