SA20 2024 Season (10 Jan-10 Feb)

Remove this Banner Ad

Paarl Royals (Playing XI): Jos Buttler(w), Jason Roy, Wihan Lubbe, David Miller(c), Mitchell Van Buuren, Andile Phehlukwayo, Fabian Allen, Bjorn Fortuin, Lungi Ngidi, Tabraiz Shamsi, Obed McCoy

Pretoria Capitals (Playing XI): Philip Salt(w), Will Jacks, Theunis de Bruyn, Rilee Rossouw, Colin Ingram, James Neesham(c), Corbin Bosch, Senuran Muthusamy, Eathan Bosch, Adil Rashid, Daryn Dupavillon

Pretoria Capitals have won the toss and have opted to field in Game 3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As an Australian it kind of embarrasses me that a 3rd world country in South African can attract a better T20 league than we can.

As a cricket fan, this innings from Cape Town has been incredible, and I'm devo that Rickelton got out before his hunj.

As an Australian it kind of embarrasses me that a 3rd world country in South African can attract a better T20 league than we can.

As a cricket fan, this innings from Cape Town has been incredible, and I'm devo that Rickelton got out before his hunj.
I think at the moment the difference lies in that Australia as a nation treats Test cricket as the pinnacle.

The other nations , smaller ones eg West Indies, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan (not smaller but you get my gist) treat the T20 as the pinnacle now. Can you blame the players given that from what I heard from Brian Lara, the money and incentive isnt the same?

And yes it does seem the SA20 league has better players than the Big Bash.

If we had an All Stars SA20 v Big Bash All Stars, im pretty confident the SA version would win.

Although one player I question if he still has game is Kieron Pollard especially against spin. Scored 9 off 8 balls, when his team posted 243.

Quick check online , Pollard is 36 years old now and im wondering if he was included in the comp more so from a marketing point of view.

Game 5:

Sunrisers Eastern Cape (Playing XI): Jordan Hermann, Adam Rossington(w), Tom Abell, Aiden Markram(c), Tristan Stubbs, Liam Dawson, Marco Jansen, Beyers Swanepoel, Simon Harmer, Ottniel Baartman, Daniel Worrall

Durban Super Giants (Playing XI): Quinton de Kock(w), Matthew Breetzke, Nicholas Pooran, Heinrich Klaasen, JJ Smuts, Dwaine Pretorius, Keemo Paul, Wiaan Mulder, Keshav Maharaj(c), Richard Gleeson, Reece Topley

Durban Super Giants have won the toss and have opted to bat

The average Powerplay (first 6 overs) at Gqeberha batting 1st from 5 games played last season is 45.8 runs.

The question is how do the Durban Supergiants go in that opening phase of the game?

Will they have taken a look at how the other team went earlier in the day and go gung-ho in the opening stanza?

I didn't realise there was an early game today, looks like I missed a great innings from MI Cape Town.

The Joburg Super Kings innings isn't going so well.

SA had to sell out to the IPL though which is why all their T20 franchises have IPL names now like Super Kings, Sunrisers, MI Cape Town.

They are getting good players with good crowds there and raking in the money so good luck to them, looks a great place to watch cricket.

Also suggestion for the Big Bash, lets have our own '1 hand 1 catch' to win 2 million Rand competition. (Equivalent to 160,000 AUD)

How good would that be?

These were the successful crowd catches last season:

They used to have a contest like that in NZ where if you wore a sponsors shirt and took a one handed catch you got a big cash prize.

You had spectators fighting amongst each other trying to take one handed screamers, it was hilarious to watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

SA20 2024 Season (10 Jan-10 Feb)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back