Saad

Remove this Banner Ad

Hate to steal the thunder, but when regarding how "fast" Saad is, I'll politely remind you all that when he was being chased, he looked at the 200cm skinny white boy Stanley and said "Yup, you're faster than me."

Stanley is a freak.

Hate to steal the thunder, but when regarding how "fast" Saad is, I'll politely remind you all that when he was being chased, he looked at the 200cm skinny white boy Stanley and said "Yup, you're faster than me."

Stanley is a freak.
Saad actually got run down by Russell but Stanley sprinted past and away from Jamieson.

I think it's very safe to say that if he keeps on playing like that and also providing that much forward pressure in the front half, he won't be going anywhere any time soon, even when Schneider is avail again.

He'll need to keep backing it up though, as Schneider is due back pretty soon and we also have the likes of Tom Ledger and Jamie Cripps banging loudly on the door to get in and they can also play a crumbing role up forward.

Saad will get shut down and exposed the other way pretty quickly when teams start showing him a bit more respect. He played well last night so credit where it is due but don't think it will last.

To be honest I always thought the same about Dalhaus, that he was just Ben Nason Mk 2 and he'd be found out eventually but he's developed into a genuinely good player now and Saad has more tricks than him IMHO.

Stanley, Saad and Milera have re-vitalised the Saints in a big way. Simpkin has been a massive revelation too (Saints fans probably knew of his quality but he was virtually unknown to me at the start of the season).

Simpkin has been a massive revelation too (Saints fans probably knew of his quality but he was virtually unknown to me at the start of the season).

He played a couple of games last year, but he as improved out of sight this year.

Nowhere near as flashy or noticeable as the others but the most impressive imo.

To be honest I always thought the same about Dalhaus, that he was just Ben Nason Mk 2 and he'd be found out eventually but he's developed into a genuinely good player now and Saad has more tricks than him IMHO.

Stanley, Saad and Milera have re-vitalised the Saints in a big way. Simpkin has been a massive revelation too (Saints fans probably knew of his quality but he was virtually unknown to me at the start of the season).

Had been a standout at Sandy throughout 2010 and 2011. Got his debut last year with two games against Collingwood (tough ask) and Fremantle I think.

The VFL regulars on our board just kept saying it was a matter of time until he got regular games - but of course RL wouldn't have a bar of it (although I think he went down with shin splints last year).

But yeah, not shocked he's in the side. But, it's amazing how well he's been doing. Max Hudghton must be an amazing mentor. And yeah, doesn't make us pine for Zac too much :D

Simpkin has been a massive revelation too (Saints fans probably knew of his quality but he was virtually unknown to me at the start of the season).
Has always looked pretty good and very reliable in the VFL, but looked like he'd be the ideal one to eventually replace Blake (more in a pocket or flank, as he's only 191cm and not all that solid looking), but has had to go to full back with Zac leaving and has done a terrific job.

He's been at the club for four years now (mainly on the rookie list), but reportedly had bad shin splints until this last preseason, when he had them operated on (successfully, according to him) and was able to do his first pre-season (of half, as he started after Christmas) and looks to be making every post a winner. :thumbsu:

Will be interesting to see where we play him now that Gwilt is due back any week and with Fisher hopefully back ASAP.

On radio last night some one made the comment about the 'seas parting' for him.

I am not sure whoever said that appreciates the irony of that comment considering his Egyptian heritage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only bad game I saw Saad play in the VFL was at Box Hill last year when David Mirra completely shut him out of the game.

Speaking of which, it mystifies me why Mirra wasn't picked up in last year's rookie draft. Reasonable kick, good game sense, would make a more than adequate small defender for most clubs.

TERRY TIME almost made the near-unwatchable Bulldogs-Saints game worth watching. Gotta have sympathy for people labelled with names like TERRY, and scream it out at every opportunity.

I love watching both, but Saad is a sneaky goalsneak with a lot of sneakiness.
Milera a genuine flank-to-flank wingman - love watching him.

Schneider's knackered with these two IMHO!

No, not all. From memory Schneider was about the leading goal assist player last year.

He is not just a goal kicker, but is very creative and sets up play.

Having Milera and Saad in the team just creates more options. Schneider will play more midfield time, and this will assist our rotations there which has been a weakness.

Milera meanwhile will probably play wing as well as HF.

Watters wants to spread the load and not just in the forward line. This will make the Saints harder to shut down and stop.

The tactic of just trying to shut down Dal Santo, Milne and Roo will not be as successful as it has been.

It has long been held that the Saint's bottom six was too weak. Well by the end of this year the bottom six is gooing to look pretty good.

Monday's team did not have Fisher, Schneider, McEvoy, Gwilt and Clarke.

There was a guy at Saints called Ross Lyin who knew of Simpkin but kept playing Dawson and Eddy and Mqualter and any other "role" player he could find to jam up a contest, stop scoring but ensure we were as bland as batshyte the other way.....only to keep the opposition in games and be "run over" by freak ball bounces in GFs so we could then blame luck...

Recall playing on him back in 2005 in u16's up at Roxy.
He always lined up in the pockets. Just knew he was an excellent goal sneak.
Had that nous for getting to the right positions.

Credit to the bloke for wanting to take his career further.
Ditched Roxy training one day and said he wanted to play VFL. He knew he was better than local footy.
Rocked up at the Bullants and told Teague I just wanna train. Not play. I want a run and do a preseason with the boys. Get fit. Apparently impressed that much at training they had to play him so they picked him.
Rest is history.

He is a great story. Apparently he played soccer at a pretty high junior level in Egypt before returning to Aust, too.

He recorded the equal fastest time in the 20m sprint at the draft combine last year and also won the repeat sprint test, in 23.64 seconds, reportedly the fourth-best time in combine/draft camp history, which augurs well for his ability to provide brilliant repeat forward pressure. Also came 2nd in the agility test and equal 9th in the standing vertical jump. Kicked 50 goals 17 in the VFL last year as well, which is very impressive accuracy.

Just wait till everyone sees his set shot routine for goal, though. It's one to rival Kennedy's in it's uniqueness and strangeness!

He is a great story. Apparently he played soccer at a pretty high junior level in Egypt before returning to Aust, too.

He recorded the equal fastest time in the 20m sprint at the draft combine last year and also won the repeat sprint test, in 23.64 seconds, reportedly the fourth-best time in combine/draft camp history, which augurs well for his ability to provide brilliant repeat forward pressure. Also came 2nd in the agility test and equal 9th in the standing vertical jump. Kicked 50 goals 17 in the VFL last year as well, which is very impressive accuracy.

Just wait till everyone sees his set shot routine for goal, though. It's one to rival Kennedy's in it's uniqueness and strangeness!

I'm intrigued, hoping for a big bag from him this week ;)

Saw a couple of examples of his set shot routine last night. Looks like's got a hot poker up his butt and has about a 25m walk (run) up! Can kick the ball a hell of a long way for someone as short as him, though. Had a set shot from about 53m out, at one stage last night and it hit the goalpost almost half way up and was still really traveling when it did. He obviously has some very strong legs which give him his speed and power.

Could have kicked 5 last night (kicked 2 goals 3) and is usually just electric when he gets the ball, but possibly most importantly he laid 11 tackles, playing in/around the forward pocket. He was a big part of the reason the ball spent almost all of the 2nd and 3rd quarters in our forward half.

Just loving watching him so far. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Saad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back