Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

ashton kutcher film GIF

**** Hinkley and the happy clappers

Here's an idea. How about Port giving Ken a crack at another club? You know a club without a 'shit list'. His 'expert' supporters in the AFL media can put a list of potential new clubs dying to employ this 'coaching genius' together in no time flat, surely?
Do Ken a favour, sack Hinkley!

On Pixel 8a using BigFooty.com mobile app

So we have what 48 hours now until we know if he is staying or going?

Currently, he’s staying.

It would always be difficult. If Davies had gone, the odds of him leaving would be higher. Now, I think we need a miracle.

If he's gone I'd expect the club to be very tight lipped until everyone has been told and any contractual obligations sorted.

Hearing nothing right now is probably a good thing.

If the footy committee has decided he is staying I'm sure that will leak out sooner rather than later.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is nothing more absurd than the whole "people said I couldn't do it but I'm a fighter" stuff....

People said you couldn't do it and then you didn't do it. 12 full seasons as a coach and 9 seasons as a player your doubters have been proven correct.
1727994028656.png

Well I have good relationships with these people. And in many ways I'm seen as an advisor to bounce ideas off. They value my input and opinion, and I know when to keep my mouth shut without having to be told as such. Absolute nothing that I say on here can be linked to a single individual. The information is generic, but I hope it gives people a bit of an understanding as to the Club's thinking. People are welcome to take it at whatever value they deem it.

This, this, this! Thank you.

Anyways, at this current rate I look forward to this thread reaching it's 13th iteration most likely over the upcoming weekend. Have a good night.
When you say upcoming weekend, I take that as Ken will still be here even after the BF ?

Last edited:
Kens holding them to his contract i guess.

The one they gave him…

Of course they are to blame too, but Ken should finally admit he can't go the extra step. He's had 12 years. You can't say you can't blame him. He has not shown a skerrick of self-awareness.

Of course they are to blame too, but Ken should finally admit he can't go the extra step. He's had 12 years. You can't say you can't blame him. He has not shown a skerrick of self-awareness.

Also couldn’t care less about the clubs history. Means nothing to him. Yeah he’s an odd guy, most people would know when they should leave. That’s why I think Caro and Kane say what they have been saying, even they think he should leave.

All true, but when you have an underperforming employee who won't budge those in charge need to act. That's why they're in charge.

Walking out before member question time at the AGMs shows he has some self-awareness. He's knows he can't perform in that environment. It just doesn't suit him to fess up publicly, he wants the money & is a very stubborn person. People like Ken who get an opportunity don't let it go easily. This fiasco is on those that continue to employ him.

All the wristys he's received in the media by the Whateleys of this world has him genuinely believing he's a great coach.
The guy is mental.

All true, but when you have an underperforming employee who won't budge those in charge need to act. That's why they're in charge.

Yes but that wasn't the point of the original post which was you can't blame Ken, he's only sticking to his contract. He shares the blame too because there comes a time when a self-aware, altruistic person would say I've given it my best shot and come up short. Time to move on.

Currently, he’s staying.

It would always be difficult. If Davies had gone, the odds of him leaving would be higher. Now, I think we need a miracle.
Possession is nine tenths of the law apparently, so Ken owns a contract, so that puts the odds in his favour.

Last edited:
Yes but that wasn't the point of the original post which was you can't blame Ken, he's only sticking to his contract. He shares the blame too because there comes a time when a self-aware, altruistic person would say I've given it my best shot and come up short. Time to move on.
Especially when they have repeatedly said that that is what they will do when the time comes.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Walking out before member question time at the AGMs shows he has some self-awareness. He's knows he can't perform in that environment. It just doesn't suit him to fess up publicly, he wants the money & is a very stubborn person. People like Ken who get an opportunity don't let it go easily. This fiasco is on those that continue to employ him.

All that shows is he won't tolerate people who can't see how unlucky he's been. He is showing zero appreciation of the opinions of those around him because he has no self-awareness. He is only interested in those who validate his self-belief.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back