Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It genuinely feels like Christmas Day. Mainstream media all piling on. It’s Happening. The beginning of the end. Sack Hinkley
Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

It does feel like the tide has finally turned, but step back and have a look at it. Koch's tenure is intrinsically tied to Hinkley's. Hinkley is a sociopath, and i just don't see him stepping down voluntarily. If Koch sacks him it's an admission that he too is a failure, and Koch's massive ego won't allow for that. So unless there's a coup at Board level i can see Hinkley (and Koch) bunkering down and seeing out his contract.

It does feel like the tide has finally turned, but step back and have a look at it. Koch's tenure is intrinsically tied to Hinkley's. Hinkley is a sociopath, and i just don't see him stepping down voluntarily. If Koch sacks him it's admission that he too is a failure, and Koch's massive ego won't allow for that. So unless there's a coup at Board level i can see Hinkley (and Koch) bunkering down and seeing out his contract.
If Koch doubles down & the board doesn't act, i'm thinking a loss to St Kilda would force their hand.

There has to be a coup at the board level but hard to see that happening when Koch recommended most of them.
There can't be, they are AFL appointed, so nobody can do F all about the board except vote in the member elected members, but in fairness, no matter how hard those member appointed board members try, they are two of ten, the rest are AFL muppets. That is the bit tha needs to change, why the F**k are the AFL still running this club.

The happy clappers that sit in front of me called it today, said they think this is it, cant see how Hinkley will coach next week.......

I said as much as I have longed for this to be the case for years, I think the club doubles down, he's not leaving just yet.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The only way it happens is if Carr moves into the seat, in which case Koch can paint himself as some genius mastermind who had this as his grand plan all along. And if Carr takes over as interim coach what's the bet Koch signs him to a three-year deal before the season is even out, and you're almost back to square one.

If Koch remains Chairman nothing will ever be fixed.

So we should swap our coach who couldn't get it done for another that couldn't get it done?

What's that quote about the definition of insanity?
Do you prefer the guy who works for the current coach who can’t get it done?

As he is doing wonders with the midfield

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And to the media

It is not the unreasonable Port fans that have got it to this point.

He was given a go, he was accepted.

It was the complete and utter lack of success, the lack of self awareness, the shit game plan, the refusal to accept change or advice or acknowledge history or the fans.

Had many chances to avoid this ending. As a human being I want him to mentally ok but football wise.....

Pile on him he ****ing deserves it.

It does feel like the tide has finally turned, but step back and have a look at it. Koch's tenure is intrinsically tied to Hinkley's. Hinkley is a sociopath, and i just don't see him stepping down voluntarily. If Koch sacks him it's an admission that he too is a failure, and Koch's massive ego won't allow for that. So unless there's a coup at Board level i can see Hinkley (and Koch) bunkering down and seeing out his contract.
Koch has consistently said something along the lines of good clubs don’t sack coaches in season. The club won’t sack Hinkley this week, they’ll drag it out as long as possible. Either at the end of season or Hinkley will walk (with a deal for compensation) if the pressure keeps piling on

The only way it happens is if Carr moves into the seat, in which case Koch can paint himself as some genius mastermind who had this as his grand plan all along. And if Carr takes over as interim coach what's the bet Koch signs him to a three-year deal before the season is even out, and you're almost back to square one.

If Koch remains Chairman nothing will ever be fixed.

Either the club will go into hiding, as they do, or Koch will come out and say he empathises with the fans, but smart clubs don't make decisions on emotion blah blah blah and the status quo will continue........

Today was a good day though, I love watching these arseholes squirm

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back