Roast Sack Koch - Chairman of The Redeem Team

Remove this Banner Ad

what a parasite this guy is, so unportadelaide its not funny. Just a suit from Sydney who played the club into thinking he was one of the boys while all the time using the club to further is own interest financially, personally and politically. A flog of the highest order

Most tourism industry businesses are small to medium businesses. Koch loving this part of the business world, is why Malinauskas and co. would have wanted been attracted to him, and why Koch would have wanted to do this.

Most tourism industry businesses are small to medium businesses. Koch loving this part of the business world, is why Malinauskas and co. would have wanted been attracted to him, and why Koch would have wanted to do this.
Is it usual for a person to be Chairman of the Board at more than one business? Asking for a friend.

Is it usual for a person to be Chairman of the Board at more than one business? Asking for a friend.
Yeah if they are private businesses then its not unusual to be head of several companies, all unrelated.

I can't remember anyone being chair of more than 2 public companies. But there were always a few examples of holding 2 chairs in the 80's 90's and 00's, more than now.

Richard Goyder is Chair of Qantas and the AFL, both bigger organisations than SATC and Port Adelaide.
Edit Goyder stands down as chair of Qantas at their AGM in October this year. The AFL financial year ends on 31st October and the 2024 AFL AGM will be in early March 2025. He is expected to finish up as chair after he leaves Qantas.

The late Ron Evans was chair of the Spotless Group and the AFL.

Last edited:
Yeah if they are private businesses then its not unusual to be head of several companies, all unrelated.

I can't remember anyone being chair of more than 2 public companies. But there were always a few examples in the 80's 90's and 00's, more than now.

Richard Goyder is Chair of Qantas and the AFL, both bigger organisations than SATC and Port Adelaide.

The late Ron Evans was chair of the Spotless Group and the AFL.

Did nicely out of that according to Michael Warner ;)

Yep - and ensuring those SA businesses are linked up to international tourism events and activities (mostly run out of the Sydney HQ of Tourism Australia) will be a key part of his role, hence him living in Sydney and regularly commuting to Adelaide is not a bad thing.

And a reminder that as Chair of the Independent SA TourismBoard, Kochie will be paid around $26,500 - which in the scheme of things is not a huge pay packet imho.

Pity I'm not a subscriber to the Advertiser because I'm sure it will be providing a balanced assessment of these things, and the comments (80+ as I post this) will add a lot of value to the discussion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone name the current chair of the SA Tourism Board? Or the one before that?

Not such a big deal I would have thought were it not for the Port link that the 'tiser is exploiting for obvious reasons.
Andrew Bullock, because its who Mali thanked for his leadership for the last 5 years on Twitter announcing Kochie.

Mind you, someone on Twitter thought that Mali should've given the role to Kosi instead Kochie.

Mind you, someone on Twitter thought that Mali should've given the role to Kosi instead Kochie.

LOL.

I think Kosi did quite well out of the previous SA Government for tourism projects so there might be a wee conflict of interest issue there.

The $416,000 handout will go towards the construction of two luxury lodges on Mr Costello's Adelaide Hills sheep farm at Woodside which, according to the commission's website, will also include "a helipad for additional access and touring options".

Last edited:
LOL.

I think Kosi did quite well out of the previous SA Government for tourism projects...

The $416,000 handout will go towards the construction of two luxury lodges on Mr Costello's Adelaide Hills sheep farm at Woodside which, according to the commission's website, will also include "a helipad for additional access and touring options".

Lol
Spot the difference

1717052441243.png
1717052476829.png

Yep - and ensuring those SA businesses are linked up to international tourism events and activities (mostly run out of the Sydney HQ of Tourism Australia) will be a key part of his role, hence him living in Sydney and regularly commuting to Adelaide is not a bad thing.

And a reminder that as Chair of the Independent SA TourismBoard, Kochie will be paid around $26,500 - which in the scheme of things is not a huge pay packet imho.

Pity I'm not a subscriber to the Advertiser because I'm sure it will be providing a balanced assessment of these things, and the comments (80+ as I post this) will add a lot of value to the discussion.
I checked the comments looking for a shining light to post here and found only dead flies.

A PAFC premiership era would attract tourism to SA so, Kochie, you can start there.

I wonder if the Advertiser journos also complain that the Murdoch family don’t live here – what would they know about Australia to tell us what is happening here, what to watch and who we should vote for? Or maybe not.

LOL.

I think Kosi did quite well out of the previous SA Government for tourism projects so there might be a wee conflict of interest issue there.

Bloody crow loving Kosi. Not a pleasant person to deal with so I hear.

Can anyone name the current chair of the SA Tourism Board? Or the one before that?

Not such a big deal I would have thought were it not for the Port link that the 'tiser is exploiting for obvious reasons.
I can. Andrew Bullock did well.

He was often in conversation with Mali, so Koch will have the ear of the Premier, with obvious benefits to Port.

But now Koch has a football club and a major state entity as his playthings! Cringe.

Surely he has to move to SA?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back