Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Because our players arent that good. This happens in the NBA all the time
It's been 50/50. Easy to forget how many holes we've needed to fill quickly.. :smirk:
But you don't get to blame a poor list when you've had that amount of oversight of list management for over a decade. Fair enough if you're a good coach walking into a poor team - people will understand and give you time. Some amount of leniency is also given for plain bad luck such as injuries. But our shaky game which seems to sometimes be very strong but always somehow teetering on the edge of disaster has persisted regardless of where he's been at with those factors.

So they are good enough to beat them through the year but magically lose their ability in September. So maybe it's mental? Coaching again then
Our game plan at times has for sure let us down, just like every other team.
You know what games we always lose? the ones where both teams are at 100% mental energies. Like finals or showdowns. We always win with our backs againts the wall in regular season.. It's the players.

You know what games we always lose? the ones where both teams are at 100% mental energies. Like finals or showdowns. We always win with our backs againts the wall in regular season.. It's the players.

Or is it because the game plan breaks down and there is little in the way of a plan B?

Whateley read out a msg starting with "when are you gonna get YOUR mate Hinkley on? I cantvremember what was said after because i was laughing so hard and fistpumping the air, it was great. Good Call/Message.
Sent this one this morning.. think it's the one read out. "When are you going to get your mate Hinkley on or no need as you and ya mates (korne) Vic media mafia have done a hatchet job on Port fans, who want change after 12 years of Donuts?"

The clubs worried about the mental health of the players so they don’t grill them

It’s worried about Ken’s mental state so they don’t sack him

What about Supporters mental health? Just gaslight them and call them fickle
Wow - just as well we didn't get Clarkson, because he would have punched walls and yelled at the players.

The only way to get change is to retract memberships and attendances, it's not ideal but the club has put the challenge out there, like or **** off, as long as the financials keep balancing we don't have a voice. Tredda's will not be bringing any change on his own.
If we are serious and want some change stop feeding the beast, it's our only way, the AFL will also take notice.
Problem is, people wont give up memberships because they lose their seats and will worry that they wont get them back post this mess.
Not turning up has its downside too as they'll just direct fans that do go, and the happy clappers will, into the front rows and keep the cameras off the large areas of empty seats.
Its already happening, you hardly ever see the ushers at the stairs checking tickets as they want the visual of a packed boundary.

My advice, pay for your seats, turn up, dont buy anything, stand as 1 and clap at the 23 minute mark of the first quarter as a sign of solidarity with the 23 players on the park and walk out at qtr time when old mate enters the frame.
That'll hit them hardest, they'll still need to pay a full compliment of security and attendants but wont be subsidised by us, the entire stands will need to be open for the initial numbers and the visual of them emptying at qtr time and staying empty will be impossible to cover up.

Where is this plan B? Is that what we saw on the weekend? The last few weeks? So after 13 odd years we have one, well damn let's give him another four years
Yeah plan B doesnt make your players suddenly play better. If they shut something down we can change how we operate, but if they shit all over us and our players give up because its too hard then wtf can Ken do

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reality is if we'd kept Primus at least til the end of 3 years we never would have been stuck with Ken for 12 years. At worst we would have got more high draft picks and had space for an actual serious coach to come in 2014. I would have loved to see Matty grow in to the role, especially given he would have got the boost of AO.

Plus a fully funded football department.
What annoys me no end is the rhetoric that it was Ken the great that saved Port Adelaide. I would love to see how Kenny would have gone with the funding/resources that Matty had.

Plus a fully funded football department.
What annoys me no end is the rhetoric that it was Ken the great that saved Port Adelaide. I would love to see how Kenny would have gone with the funding/resources that Matty had.
Considering there was 12 months between him quitting and Hinkley leading us to finals, I'm gonna say he would have done pretty well.

Yeah plan B doesnt make your players suddenly play better. If they shut something down we can change how we operate, but if they shit all over us and our players give up because its too hard then wtf can Ken do

Ok, so the players give up. Then change the list, change the leadership, drop players who underperform. So all the players that we have cycled through the club have been mentally weak and not driven? That's some real bad luck, not coaching at all.

Hand in his resignation because it's painfully obvious he can't coach and hasn't been able to for years!

On SM-S711B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ok, so the players give up. Then change the list, change the leadership, drop players who underperform. So all the players that we have cycled through the club have been mentally weak and not driven? That's some real bad luck, not coaching at all.
Replace them with who? Kane Mitchell?

How many players have played under Ken? 100ish? How many assistants have we had in that time? A dozen or so who aren't with us anymore plus the current.

Only one constant. Same issue that entire time. Sometimes an apple is an apple.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back