Autopsy Saints kick the Bombers butts far into the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

It's great walking into work on a Monday. Especially when the bomber supporting colleagues see the Saints polo on!

Some of the usual whipping boys showed they play a pretty important role.

The only thing I question is why do we seem to look so much better without Max? The forward line is more unpredictable. They actually lead for the ball.

View attachment 2062710

well ****aduck, Ross's game plan goes alright haha

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Go back to sleep Gerard

gif]

Any of that top group of 4 players could win the B&F this year.

All are in great form atm.

I'd absolutely love to see Big Ro win his first B&F.

I personally thought he should have won the 2019 B&F but he was pipped on the post by Seb.

The Brownlow votes for 2019 also had Seb on top of the pile for Saints players.

What a game Big Ro had on Sat arvo.

He's just getting better as the season rolls on.

Did someone say AA...??????
Fully expect Marshall to win this years Fairest and best - he has performed the whole season and should be in the All Australian team.

GC still have West Coast and Richmond to play. Collingwood currently 8 points ahead.

We should be able to win 2 more and not move out of the bottom 6.

Hopefully so. If we win no more than 2 we will probably be not higher than 6. If we snag 3 (less likely but who know), then most likely later.

Dees and Pies play each other and both have hard run homes. I can see one of them quite possibly losing all 4.

We might only win one more game, but in our current form I could see us say rolling the Cats at Marvel.

Suns hopefully win 2 more. But with their shocking away record who knows.

Essendon also could crash and burn and lose all 4. Hopefully they can win at least 1.

I wonder how many teams start sending players in for surgery, and if we are one of them?

Nothing to do with this game, but interesting that Ben King's goal kicking appears to have dropped away drastically.
One goal from the last 12 attempts, after being a Colman medal contender for quite a while.
In sympathy with his non-playing twin maybe? ;)
Not a massive revelation to say this, but Ben King plays exactly the same as Max King.

His 40+ goals are nice, but like Max disappears from games easily and gives you SFA outside of popping up for a few snags. Like Max, he is easy to play against.

He averages under 8 possies and just over 4 marks a game and lacks defensive pressure. I doubt he has had few if any all round games like Sharman just had.

I really just don't rate either of the Kings that highly. They have talent, but neither of them are natural footballers and both are wildly overrated IMO.

Luckily, I think Coops and Hammer will drastically reduce our reliance on King moving forward.

Everyone from this year has debuted. So we really only have a few from last year. Van Es is done for the year. Hotton looks a way off. Keeler still too raw I'd say. Allison I wouldn't mind seeing get a game just cos why not. But with Camma and Sharman having days out he's pretty far down the list.

Only others are McLennan, the Irish lad and Heath I think. All unlikely.

I'd give Hotton and Allison a game just to see what they got. Van Es and Keeler will have to wait unless we cop a few injuries.

McLennan and O’Connel for me. Reckon both of them have got another cog in them. Give a taste of what the next level is, it can really inspire an offseason.

Not a massive revelation to say this, but Ben King plays exactly the same as Max King.

His 40+ goals are nice, but like Max disappears from games easily and gives you SFA outside of popping up for a few snags. Like Max, he is easy to play against.

He averages under 8 possies and just over 4 marks a game and lacks defensive pressure. I doubt he has had few if any all round games like Sharman just had.

I really just don't rate either of the Kings that highly. They have talent, but neither of them are natural footballers and both are wildly overrated IMO.

Luckily, I think Coops and Hammer will drastically reduce our reliance on King moving forward.
I’ve thought for much of the year we’ve lacked forward 50 pressure. King is perhaps the biggest liability in this pace.
Butler’s absence and being underdone hurt but he seems to have hit his straps. To the eye Higgins looks to have significantly lifted defensively. Add to that Sharman and Caminiti for key forwards have a red hot crack at applying pressure. In an ideal world I think we need 1 more pressure fwd in the side. This would certainly off-set King’s inadequacies

Just had a look at the replay.

Not enough love for Stocker who shut down Merrett and got his own ball as well.

Played minutes in the mids and won a couple of clearances, and also assisted in more than one goal.

Very good game in a new role. I liked it. If he can continue like that he can free up Windy to play more mid than tagger.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Clark the only disappointment for me.
Direct turnovers were stark given how well the rest of the team were playing. Would love to get something for him in a trade, as I just don't see him being more than a GOP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Late to the party here but love to be vindicated about Cooper Sharman. I believe he’s our answer to Charlie curnow. Same height same mobility, loves a contested mark and dead eye accurate.

Will be a great Cameron/curnow type to compliment the McKay/hawkins type that King is

Direct turnovers were stark given how well the rest of the team were playing. Would love to get something for him in a trade, as I just don't see him being more than a GOP.

Yet Clark was responsible for winning the most contested possessions.
You only see the finishing, not the reason we had the ball in the first place.

I think that's OTT to be honest. I think they are both good to very good players but neither are absolute stars yet. The next 20% is probably attitude that takes them from good coasters to stars. I think Max is tracking very similar to Joe Daniher. He's probably not the perfect tall KPF but he could be a very good player if we work out how to use him well. There is still a good chance that he meets early expectation too.

Yet Clark was responsible for winning the most contested possessions.
You only see the finishing, not the reason we had the ball in the first place.

He's frustrating because you can see the basics are there. That ability to move up to a 30 possession 75%- 80% game time mid is not quite there still in his mid 20s. You'd persist but if you were a gambler you'd be thinking that his days as a full time footballer start to diminish over the next few years as younger fitter guys push him out of the AFL side. I still hope that his attitude, fitness and commitment kick in and he becomes the player we hoped he would be but he's running out of time.

this week was:
10 Cooper Sharman (STK)
7 Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera (STK)
6 Jack Steele (STK)
5 Rowan Marshall (STK)
1 Anthony Caminiti (STK)
1 Callum Wilkie (STK)

Always gotta give credit to an opposition coach for recognising the other team had all the best players in the match.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

16 contested, 9 intercepts, 6 score involvements.

That's no ordinary performance, he's a bit of a different cat like Acres was… sees the game better than most.

16 contested, 9 intercepts, 6 score involvements.

That's no ordinary performance, he's a bit of a different cat like Acres was… sees the game better than most.
Takes on the risky kick occasionally and it doesn't always come off. But can deliver very well into 50 at other times.
Not to criticise our star here, but Nas (and others like Hilly and Bonner) make the odd blooper occasionally too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Saints kick the Bombers butts far into the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back