SALADA/VladFL: Slap on the wrist. - STRICTLY ESSENDON SUPPORTERS ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont care if the penalty is far worse.. it's past the point of no return.

The AFL are going to have to rip it from our hands and have it challenged in court.

I'd rather die fighting than simply roll over.

Plus if i were the players and this penalty is handed down, i would not take the field. I'm all for an on-field protest.
Hmmm, how do you make an on-field protest without taking the field? :p

I don't believe this issue should be the sole criteria for evaluating Hird's performance, as much as it has ruined our season and damaged our club, it was not solely his fault and we have been punished out of proportion. He is tactically quite astute, a good man manager, and I would like to see him continue on, everything else being equal.

A 6 month suspension sees him back coaching in 2014 R1.

Imagine that you are an independent impartial judge, and you're asked to assess everything so that appropriate penalties can be handed out.

You have a total of 100 points of 'blame' to allocate for everything that has happened that is Essendon's fault (ignore anything that's the fault of the AFL, ASADA or the media for now).

Points should be allocated based on the degree of negligence / recklessness / criminality, taking into account the individual's role and the responsibilities of that role.

How many do each of the following get ?
  • Evans
  • Robson
  • Hamilton
  • Corcoran
  • Hird
  • Thompson
  • Reid
  • Robinson
  • Dank

I did say potentially....

Carlton are potentially condemning Judd to a early death or a life of depession by sending him to play after so many concussions. Bulldogs are potentially playing Cooney until he's crippled because of serious knee problems. Tell me the long term effects of having 6 injections of modified blood plasma every second day trying to force your body to repair quicker? What are the potental side effects of going to Germany to have an experiments treatment on your hammies?

Here's a better one - the media have potentially been the cause of serious depression & anxiety amoung not only our entire staff & players but all our true supporters. The short & long term health effects of depression & anxiety are well founded & far more credible than anything I've heard about suppliments.

For the record I still have full faith in Hird.

Unfortunately Hird, Thompson, Reid and Corcoran trusted the wrong guy(s).

A 6 month penalty will see Hird back coaching start of next season.

In today's game, there is so much that happens outside the season where I presume Hird will not be allowed to have any input whatsoever. In my opinion, any suspension is a sacking.

Imagine that you are an independent impartial judge, and you're asked to assess everything so that appropriate penalties can be handed out.

You have a total of 100 points of 'blame' to allocate for everything that has happened that is Essendon's fault (ignore anything that's the fault of the AFL, ASADA or the media for now).

Points should be allocated based on the degree of negligence / recklessness / criminality, taking into account the individual's role and the responsibilities of that role.

How many do each of the following get ?
  • Evans
  • Robson
  • Hamilton
  • Corcoran
  • Hird
  • Thompson
  • Reid
  • Robinson
  • Dank

That point system won't work. Dank is 100% responsbile but all the other parties are culpable for not managing him effectively. It's shattering that this guy could tarnish so many

For the past few weeks we've been constantly saying we look to be playing finals. I just can't fathom how we could give that up considering the tone of the other day.

And if Hird gets banned he has a serious stain on his name. Did you see the anger in his face the other day. There is nothing stopping him from going to court afterwards. It would expose the AFL if he does. It's in the best interest of the Vlad to appease him also.

Can't see this happening.

The silence on defending or refuting the mystery mexican drug is deafening. I initially thought it was so far fetched it was a joke. If this is true that the club does not know exactly what players have been injected with then the punishment is warranted.

I have defended EFC and expected a retort to these allegations but if true then this is disturbing.

Dank has destroyed our culture in the short term.

We move on to 2014 and start afresh - when you calm down and think about it, it's not that bad.

Shattered but if this is the truth so be it.
The only issue I have with the club accepting penalty for the Mexico thing is:
(a) There was no club sanctioned injections.
(b) There were no consent forms.
Why on earth should the club suffer for a rogue and potentially criminal act?

The only reason I can think of to answer this is if by doing so it protects the players from copping infractions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In today's game, there is so much that happens outside the season where I presume Hird will not be allowed to have any input whatsoever. In my opinion, any suspension is a sacking.

They have argued it down from 12 months to 6 months so he will be back for R1 2014. No point debating it if they didn't want him as coach.

He could use a holiday and Dodoro can take care of recruiting and support staff can handle Pre season training.

He needs a holiday to get over the stress anyway

The only issue I have with the club accepting penalty for the Mexico thing is:
(a) There was no club sanctioned injections.
(b) There were no consent forms.
Why on earth should the club suffer for a rogue and potentially criminal act?

The only reason I can think of to answer this is if by doing so it protects the players from copping infractions.

Exactly - take this or have 34 players potentially suspended

6yef.png

I strongly suspect that if we lose points that Hird and Thompson won't be coaching in 2014.

You can't have as a coach someone who effectively wiped our points for the season.
I want to say this nicely, but seriously, what a crock of shit.

Are you buying into the narrative that Hird and Thompson deserve their penalties?

I'm currently sitting down looking at my phone in anger and disbelief. Up until this point I haven't allowed the ASADA enquiry to get the better of me. If we accept this penalty everything we as a club has been through this year has all been for nothing. On Wednesday I was ready to stand by the club throughout the legal process and I was ready for the long haul.

Now I'm thinking what was the point...

What was the point of going to every home game this year
What was the point in spending over $600 on a membership
What was the point getting so excited about our awesome away performances

I just feel if we lose points all our hard work was for nothing.

I know people say what is the point we will get flogged anyway. We deserve to be there, not discounting the fact that it will probably be against Richmond who will be playing their first final in who knows how many years

Carlton are potentially condemning Judd to a early death or a life of depession by sending him to play after so many concussions. Bulldogs are potentially playing Cooney until he's crippled because of serious knee problems. Tell me the long term effects of having 6 injections of modified blood plasma every second day trying to force your body to repair quicker? What are the potental side effects of going to Germany to have an experiments treatment on your hammies?

Here's a better one - the media have potentially been the cause of serious depression & anxiety amoung not only our entire staff & players but all our true supporters. The short & long term health effects of depression & anxiety are well founded & far more credible than anything I've heard about suppliments.

Don't have a go at me, I agree with you. But the afl will look at worst case scenarios to what happened in 2012 when deciding penalties.

Who injected the drug and authorised it?

The consensus is Dank did this behind the scenes without anyone's knowledge. Yes, we made a mistake employing him but you can't hang everyone for it because he went rogue.

If coaches had knowledge of this then do you really want them to come back after a 3-6 month holiday?

I don't think they did have knowledge of this and this is the problem. The guy was a loose cannon and not controlled by his superiors. I am as shattered as the next bloke but we move on and support these guys in 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back