Discussion Sam Fisher charged with drug trafficking

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol okay mate.

You realize he was so drug ducked he managed to run a commercial sized trafficking and import set up for what seems like a few years at least?

We’re not talking about a bloke who was begging fir a fix on grey street here. He’s obviously high functioning, well resourced and connected and most if not all of his former teammates would have been absolutely aware he was using at some point (many of them probably used with him and even took his gear).

They have very very good reason to now say “nah haven’t seen him in aaaages” but believe what you like mate.
Interesting place you are taking it. Happy for you to find one post where I said they didn’t use with him. Ok so what they did years ago means of course they mix with him now. It makes huge sense. Adding a lot of aaas really back up your argument. And what is the good reason for lying to me? Am I a cop?

You think 2 years is a long time ago? And my point was that he was hanging with Eddie Maguire 2 years ago, not someone who he would have been particularly close to.
If you honestly believe that one of the most popular and high profile players in the AFL for 10 years who only retired 6 years ago doesn’t still hang out with ex teammates and players then you’re one of the most naive people on BF. Of course any player is going to distance themselves from him now.

Eddie had legendary parties. Not sure he would be unfamiliar with recreational use.

Interesting place you are taking it. Happy for you to find one post where I said they didn’t use with him. Ok so what they did years ago means of course they mix with him now. It makes huge sense. Adding a lot of aaas really back up your argument. And what is the good reason for lying to me? Am I a cop?
So you’re now suggesting that mates and teammates of his for years (maybe a decade or more) at a footy club that not only knew of his drug use but used with him have dropped him in recent years because… reasons? Remembering he hasn’t turned into a homeless junkie and shows all the signs of being a high functioning drug user (we don’t even know if he’s a full blown addict).

I’d imagine they’d lie to anyone about still hanging out with him it’s not just courts that woukd be interested in finding out who he’s hanging out with (any idiot with Twitter could be banging out “yeh chatted with x today they saw Fish last weekend”)

What would you expect him to say to you? “Yeh plugger I was racking lines with him last weekend, his rack is top shelf shame he’s been caught I guess”.

You seriously can’t think of a single reason why former players might wanna distance themselves from Fish right now?

So you’re now suggesting that mates and teammates of his for years (maybe a decade or more) at a footy club that not only knew of his drug use but used with him have dropped him in recent years because… reasons? Remembering he hasn’t turned into a homeless junkie and shows all the signs of being a high functioning drug user (we don’t even know if he’s a full blown addict).

I’d imagine they’d lie to anyone about still hanging out with him it’s not just courts that woukd be interested in finding out who he’s hanging out with (any idiot with Twitter could be banging out “yeh chatted with x today they saw Fish last weekend”)

What would you expect him to say to you? “Yeh plugger I was racking lines with him last weekend, his rack is top shelf shame he’s been caught I guess”.

You seriously can’t think of a single reason why former players might wanna distance themselves from Fish right now?
No I can’t see any reason at all why this friend would lie to me at all. I can’t speak for other former players but I can speak for the person I’ve known and trusted for the last 22 years. What’s this racking lines crap. He could easily just say I played golf with chips 2 months ago. Of course you must do drugs if you know a drug dealer. Makes zero sense but hey you won’t believe what a person has actually said to me so you may as well believe made up stuff. I’ve had enough. You have your final made up story. I will continue to trust my friend.

No I can’t see any reason at all why this friend would lie to me at all. I can’t speak for other former players but I can speak for the person I’ve known and trusted for the last 22 years. What’s this racking lines crap. He could easily just say I played golf with chips 2 months ago. Of course you must do drugs if you know a drug dealer. Makes zero sense but hey you won’t believe what a person has actually said to me so you may as well believe made up stuff. I’ve had enough. You have your final made up story. I will continue to trust my friend.
Yeh this did get pointless a while ago. I look forward to your friend selling you a bridge soon.

Their starting wing averages 6 touches ffs. We must have a field day
Would be really nice to lead comfortably from start to finish for a change….do it boys!

PS, think we’re on the wrong thread 🤣

Would be really nice to lead comfortably from start to finish for a change….do it boys!

PS, think we’re on the wrong thread 🤣
Looks like Sam has infiltrated this thread and handing them out to a few here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always suspected he had a problem what with the rumours that were always present and the company he kept... I personally suspect the majority of footballers would have tried drugs of some description so it isn't a shock that a few develop serious problems.

It's not so much a footy thing but a problem that exists across all society sadly. It's not even something I can say Ive completely avoided... not something I'd do again but when youre young, drunk and the opportunities present themselves as easily as they do then you don't make the decisions you would otherwise. I only tried a few once or twice but I'd imagine as a young footballer with the world at their feet the chances to use drugs would be all the more common.

I remember this video and thinking at the time geez he couldn't even sober up to send a short clip to his old skipper. 3.20 mark or thereabouts.

Always suspected he had a problem what with the rumours that were always present and the company he kept... I personally suspect the majority of footballers would have tried drugs of some description so it isn't a shock that a few develop serious problems.

It's not so much a footy thing but a problem that exists across all society sadly. It's not even something I can say Ive completely avoided... not something I'd do again but when youre young, drunk and the opportunities present themselves as easily as they do then you don't make the decisions you would otherwise. I only tried a few once or twice but I'd imagine as a young footballer with the world at their feet the chances to use drugs would be all the more common.

I remember this video and thinking at the time geez he couldn't even sober up to send a short clip to his old skipper. 3.20 mark or thereabouts.

Holy shit.

I recall thinking that too… crazy

He always had a bit of a twitch when he spoke in interviews but that doesn't really excuse what I saw there. Far out he must be really struggling now if that was about 5 years ago

And plenty of drug traffickers manage to be completely functioning addicts as well.

I agree with you that I’d be stunned if any players from any era were involved in Sam’s current escapades.

You’re just a mile off if you think he wasn’t still mates with a bunch of his teammates.

Agree to disagree.
He hasn't posted on IG in almost a year and a half after posting regularly of himself being out and about.

I don't think it's unreasonable to think that if he has fallen foul to something like ice which could lead someone into making the decisions in question, that he could have gone completely off the deep-end ala Cousins and gone totally off the grid.
Lol okay mate.

You realize he was so drug ducked he managed to run a commercial sized trafficking and import set up for what seems like a few years at least?

We’re not talking about a bloke who was begging fir a fix on grey street here. He’s obviously high functioning, well resourced and connected and most if not all of his former teammates would have been absolutely aware he was using at some point (many of them probably used with him and even took his gear).

They have very very good reason to now say “nah haven’t seen him in aaaages” but believe what you like mate.
Run the "commercial sized trafficking and import" so well that he got busted. Yeah, not sure that that necessarily suggests that he's all there and functioning optimally.

He hasn't posted on IG in almost a year and a half after posting regularly of himself being out and about.

I don't think it's unreasonable to think that if he has fallen foul to something like ice which could lead someone into making the decisions in question, that he could have gone completely off the deep-end ala Cousins and gone totally off the grid.

Run the "commercial sized trafficking and import" so well that he got busted. Yeah, not sure that that necessarily suggests that he's all there and functioning optimally.
I also don’t think it’s unreasonable to suggest that he was functioning enough to not be sitting on a mattress in a halfway house and probably still chatting to mates of 10+ years.

He looks to be pinging on that clip

Yeah, he always had that red face and a few ticks and a bit of a droning country boy voice. He's looking off it a bit more than normal in that but could have been nervous with a camera as well. That last time I saw him he looked like he was really clear headed and normal in comparison. I actually thought he might have cleaned himself up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Sam Fisher charged with drug trafficking

Remove this Banner Ad

Back