Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Here are the crime board rules of engagement. Please read them.

Importantly, 'sub judice' means that a case is under consideration by the courts. 'Sub judice contempt' can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Don't spread baseless rumours or state as fact that which is opinion, please.

A degree of respect in all discussion across this board is expected.

The Murder of Rebecca Young - Ballarat

The Murder of Hannah McGuire - Ballarat * Lachie Young charged

Allegedly

Last edited:
This case is bizarre enough. The suggestion that SMs body has been dumped in a WORKING mine is even more bizarre. A working mine is very difficult to access without anyone noticing. Probably moreso a crazed junkie with a dead body in tow.
Or some ppl thinking that if they get caught trying to nick/find some gold, or in an active gold mine, that they can just try claim that they were there to help look for Sam Murphy.

The mine rescue literally has nothing to do with this case.

Lived next door basically to that mine for years workers in and out daily and there is a 0% chance anyone would be able to get in to dump a body.

Unfortunate accident that happens to be in a similar place.

Herald Sun though going with sensationalised headline however
IMG_1794.jpeg

Lived next door basically to that mine for years workers in and out daily and there is a 0% chance anyone would be able to get in to dump a body.

View attachment 1926852
Every little thing that happens in Ballarat now is related to this case 🤪🤪🤪

View attachment 1926852
Agree. I hope they get these two people out of there safely.

Ballarat isn't that small - there are heaps of schools and almost impossible to know everybody in your year level at each one, just isn't realistic. There are also certain schools that mingle with each other more than others and you'd rarely get an outsider attend a party etc. I'm talking high schools here. I went to Loreto and our parties were usually with St Pats with a few from Ballarat High, that was about it. Forget about mingling with the Sebas/East High/Mount Clear schools it just didn't happen. Then you've got Clarendon and Grammar who kept to themselves and Damascus which was a bit of a "bogan" school, those kids were never at our parties.

The primary school Villa is a large school I would say (I went there) and I certainly didn't know every kid's parents. Only the ones I was friends with. My parents also didn't know every other parent.
A perfect understanding of how Ballarat has always ticked, then add in the Bus kids, the boarders, the 'newbies', almost all the private school kids families are spread all over Ballarat, it's not like Canterbury or Kew, in 15 minutes you'll completely cross Ballarat. Munich went to Villa, one side of town for Primary, Loreto is ten K's the other side, literally the 'other' side of Ballarat.

Wow .. I didn't know there were any active gold mines in Ballarat and this one's in Mount Clear.
It's purported that there more gold still left underground in Ballarat than was ever pulled out!! It's always been the underground rivers that provide the biggest challenge to any mining operations. Residents in down town 'Rat (around the old areas around Steinfeld to Grant St's can feel the underground explosions sometimes!!)

Wow .. I didn't know there were any active gold mines in Ballarat and this one's in Mount Clear.

I worked there for 18 months, media first trying to link the rock fall to Sam's that's disappearance and then assuring people they're not related is some of the dumbest reporting I have ever seen or heard and that was from the ABC.

The campaigners have been trying to do flyovers with drones.

There are no 28 underground in refuge chambers, there were just the 2. I've been told one has been air lifted off site and it's looking very grim for the other one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m hearing a wood chipper might have been used to dispose of the body
Where the fruit would he have pulled a wood chipper from?! Plus, they’re only effective if the body is frozen. If you don’t want to make a massive mess that is. I suppose if you got a wood chipper into a spot no one EVER goes to then it wouldn’t matter if there was a big mess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back