Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Here are the crime board rules of engagement. Please read them.

Importantly, 'sub judice' means that a case is under consideration by the courts. 'Sub judice contempt' can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Don't spread baseless rumours or state as fact that which is opinion, please.

A degree of respect in all discussion across this board is expected.

The Murder of Rebecca Young - Ballarat

The Murder of Hannah McGuire - Ballarat * Lachie Young charged

Allegedly

Last edited:
On the news, they said the police have searched this property before. I wonder If POS has had help. The police are getting information from someone or others. I wouldn't be surprised if she is buried on a property

Lol. For a minute there I thought I was watching an episode of CSI. You know, when they watch this grainy footage, and go "Enhance, zoom, enhance" and suddenly there's a perfectly clear picture in high resolution of the killer's fingerprint.
We should write a suspense/drama stage play about solving crimes. And call it MyFooty or something. And all the characters can drink martini’s while they’re sleuthing 🤔

Actually found it in March, was thinking this area was a perfect hiding place as far back as Feb. There is a bridge over the river, along the current search line (south-westish), has a track that heads into a hidden parking area. We found our items along a very light track, as in rarely used, we found them by the banks of the river, they had been discarded not washed up.
You might have mentioned this before, but do you know if the cops took the items away?

On the news, they said the police have searched this property before. I wonder If POS has had help. The police are getting information from someone or others. I wouldn't be surprised if she is buried on a property
It wouldn’t be near where POS was house sitting would it?

Last edited:
Wouldn’t the dogs have made a noise if someone was being buried on their property?
Was thinking he might know the property and that no one was there at the time. It’s just so close to a house, it seems risky being seen but I don’t know the area.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How come they aren't going back to continue searching in the dam?
Weren't the occupants of the property advised recently that police wanted to search the property and if so wouldn't curiosity have kicked in and they take a little wander around to see if there is anything obvious. The phone looked was very obvious and sniffer dogs wouldn't be needed for that.
Did police say why they needed the excavator.

Weren't the occupants of the property advised recently that police wanted to search the property and if so wouldn't curiosity have kicked in and they take a little wander around to see if there is anything obvious. The phone looked was very obvious and sniffer dogs wouldn't be needed for that.
I heard the dogs found the phone in the mud. What amazing assets they are to humanity, in so many ways.

I guess the photo was a staged one, taken when they got it on dry land and examined it. I also heard it contained credit card etc, so there would be a name; hence the suggested high-fiving, considering the months that have gone by.

I’m just praying that they find Samantha’s remains so her family can find some closure. 🙏

What, do they mean they don't know what phone SM had?
Why release that info without knowing if it was her phone.
Phone was buried in mud or similar, without the dogs they don’t find it

A Victorian license is green with a blue strip at the top. That might be a loyalties Myers card or similar.

That’s a basic license, a Victorian Heavy Vehicle license has a red/maroon strip instead of the blue, but even still the red/maroon strip on the card in that pic looks much too thick for it to be that. Usually, as phone case card slots are limited to around 2 or 3, you keep your most important/most used cards there. I agree re loyalties, it could even be something so mundane as a hole-punched coffee shop loyalty card?

So that Murdery stuff rando just waltzes onto BigFooty posts some obscure stuff trying to try and link the case interstate and now has disappeared.

Definitely fishy, potentially a burner account of someone close to the accused or a websleuths nutter. I’m surprised at how this sub forum really manages to bring so many randoms to the site. Chief needs to give us a cut of the advertising.

Remove this Banner Ad

Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back