Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Here are the crime board rules of engagement. Please read them.

Importantly, 'sub judice' means that a case is under consideration by the courts. 'Sub judice contempt' can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Don't spread baseless rumours or state as fact that which is opinion, please.

A degree of respect in all discussion across this board is expected.

The Murder of Rebecca Young - Ballarat

The Murder of Hannah McGuire - Ballarat * Lachie Young charged

Allegedly

Last edited:
So many children are sexually assaulted in Australia every year. The victims actually do reflect that.
Oh I get it. So the reason people sexually offend against children isn't because they're sexually attracted to children at all. It's all about power and control.

I guess that explains why women are overwhelmingly the victims of sexually offending too. It's not because the perpetrators are men, who are statistically overwhelmingly like to be sexually attracted to women. It's just that women are easier to exert power and control over.

Oh I get it. So the reason people sexually offend against children isn't because they're sexually attracted to children at all. It's all about power and control.

I guess that explains why women are overwhelmingly the victims of sexually offending too. It's not because the perpetrators are men, who are statistically overwhelmingly like to be sexually attracted to women. It's just that women are easier to exert power and control over.

People who sexually assault are people who enjoy having sex with people who don’t want to have sex with them. That’s the point of it. Most men (I’d like to think) really don’t get a kick out of forcing themselves on people who are crying or screaming or frozen and traumatised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People who sexually assault are people who enjoy having sex with people who don’t want to have sex with them. That’s the point of it. Most men (I’d like to think) really don’t get a kick out of forcing themselves on people who are crying or screaming or frozen and traumatised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
According to ABS Recorded Crime - Victims data, in 2018, police recorded around 7,900 sexual assaultsagainst children aged 0–14 at the time of being reported to police. This equates to a rate of 167.6 sexualassaults recorded per 100,000 children, a higher rate than for people aged 15 and over (based on ABS2019). Rates of sexual assault were:• 4 times as high for children aged 10–14 as for those aged 0–9 (338.4 sexual assaults per 100,000children compared with 85.9 per 100,000)• 3.5 times as high for girls as for boys (266.8 sexual assaults per 100,000 girls, compared with 72.3 per100,000 boys) (Figure 5).

https://www.aihw.gov.au/getmedia/03...a/aihw-fdv-5.pdf?v=20230605172455&inline=true

[In America]
  • Ages 12-34 are the highest risk years for rape and sexual assault.3
  • Those age 65 and older are 92% less likely than 12-24 year olds to be a victim of rape or sexual assault, and 83% less likely than 25-49 year olds.4
Victims of Sexual Violence: Statistics | RAINN

I'd suggest that victim age and sexual attractiveness is a much more significant factor than you realise.

There's a thread here for neo Nazi prevalence in Ballarat. Here they are out the back of Sovereign Hill, it's not far from where Samantha was attacked.

" .... continued their march unhindered from Sturt St then up towards Eureka .."

He is not cooperating, which in my mind means his lawyer has instructed him to take up his right to stay silent. Which means the police cannot use anything against him in court eg: changes in story / things that go against evidence etc and also I believe he doesn't have to be cross examined, could be wrong here not 100% sure of Victorian law. IMO this provides him with his best chance and the onus will be 100% on the prosecution to prove he murdered Samantha. Without a body that would normally be very hard to prove. Cops must have enough evidence that has not been released to be sure of a guilty conviction of a murder charge ie Not manslaughter, or they would not have yet pressed charges.

He is not cooperating, which in my mind means his lawyer has instructed him to take up his right to stay silent. Which means the police cannot use anything against him in court eg: changes in story / things that go against evidence etc and also I believe he doesn't have to be cross examined, could be wrong here not 100% sure of Victorian law. IMO this provides him with his best chance and the onus will be 100% on the prosecution to prove he murdered Samantha. Without a body that would normally be very hard to prove. Cops must have enough evidence that has not been released to be sure of a guilty conviction of a murder charge ie Not manslaughter, or they would not have yet pressed charges.
What if along the way the pressure becomes too much and he does talk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What if along the way the pressure becomes too much and he does talk.
That is very much what the cops will be relying on, wearing him down until he does talk, that is what they do and are very skilled at it. But he doesn't have to that is his right. They do tell people that (or should) before interviewing them, but most people are broken by the good cop, bad cop process. If he talks then what he says will help the cops build their case.

Anything from Australia?
I admit I'm not on top of it but I wouldn't have thought they'd randomly attack white people out running.
I'm not sure being a nazi would be all that important in this case. More that Nazis tend to attract violent, angry arseholes.

Once the prosecution closes its case it is then up to the defence to call its witnesses. This is the time when the accused is given the opportunity to let the court know his or her version of what happened. Alternatively, an accused may exercise his or her right to maintain silence and elect not give evidence. if he doesn't provide evidence then he can't be cross examined by the prosecution. so if their case is weak, his lawyer could advise not to give evidence.

That is very much what the cops will be relying on, wearing him down until he does talk, that is what they do and are very skilled at it. But he doesn't have to that is his right. They do tell people that (or should) before interviewing them, but most people are broken by the good cop, bad cop process. If he talks then what he says will help the cops build their case.
Again, we don't know what evidence the cops have.

That just sounds way too unbelievable for me. Why would you dispose of the body and keep quiet about it. Even if it's a day after the drugs are out his system he could have reported it? Even after he was arrested, why wouldn't he co-operate with police and state where the body is if it were an accident?
If this story is true, it would not surprise me to hear that he's driven off with her body and buried her somewhere at a later point, either that day or the next. I can't imagine he would have been thinking all too clearly if he has indeed struck her with his car and instead of driving to a hospital, decided to kill her.

Anything from Australia?
I admit I'm not on top of it but I wouldn't have thought they'd randomly attack white people out running.
The attack doesn't necessarily have to be directly linked to him being a neo-Nazi, if he is one.

Just could be an angry little fker who hates women & also happens to have attended neo-Nazi marches & camps.

Maybe on that day it wouldn't have mattered who he came across.

There are usually underlying personality or mental disorders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back