Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Here are the crime board rules of engagement. Please read them.

Importantly, 'sub judice' means that a case is under consideration by the courts. 'Sub judice contempt' can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Don't spread baseless rumours or state as fact that which is opinion, please.

A degree of respect in all discussion across this board is expected.

The Murder of Rebecca Young - Ballarat

The Murder of Hannah McGuire - Ballarat * Lachie Young charged

Allegedly

Last edited:

0bcc2fa9b1f48fb1681d6213352e015a.jpg

Can anyone tell me what this object is? Image uploaded by Couch Coach in post #5099.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully, if it was the occupants of the property that told police they saw someone chucking something into their dam, it wasn't last February when they told them.
"The computer malfunctioned during that time period so we lost all our data at that time."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The smart thing to do would not be to stay out all night on drugs and then kill somebody in the morning. The "smart thing to do" is irrelevant. IMO.
Whoever made SM disappear are extremely good at what they do or extremely lucky.
However, my money is on poor detective work charging someone with murder who may be able to have it reduced to manslaughter, in both this case and the Greg Lynn case.

It's not as many and certainly not as bizarre as some of the Greg Lynn murder motives.
What do you think happened to SM?

I’ll caveat my response by saying I work in intelligence and work with both raw data and Intell to seek resolution/target entities. Can sound sexy, but also quite boring at times…

I need more infirmation to get into the detail, but I believe it was completely opportunistic, and his only saving grace at the moment is his legal team, telling him to shut up. I reckon everything that has been done post (alleged) murder has been reactive (phone, body) with little thought. And that what makes it tough. Cops love known behaviour, we don’t have that.

I was pretty clear at the outset that VicPol had the phone comms pretty quickly, and it provided some answers, but it’s easy to seperate a body from the phone. Much like Lynn has done in the scrub.

I’ve done some charting at home (activity, comms, timeline) on this case, and there is a lot of info gaps, particularly in the public domain.

Yes it appears that way. IMO perp killed SM on the Sun morning, hid her, came back and moved her somewhere further away well hidden. It's going to be in bush somewhere within an hour's drive of where the phone was discovered.

Bushland is the best bet. I don't reckon a perp would have used a river as they are all relatively shallow and probably quite easy to be eventually stumbled upon accidentally.

If I were a betting man I'd be looking in bushland about 1-1.5 hours drive in a southerly direction from where SM's phone was dumped. The perp must have been heading south for a reason from the alleged location of the murder, Mt Clear.

Perhaps the reason POS was arrested was because DNA of SM was discovered in his car and he simply refused to cooperate when asked to explain why.
I just can’t see him driving around for any length of time with a dead body in his vehicle, particularly in the day time. I know there’s been potentially conflicting reports about the amount of traffic that may be around at that time on a Sunday, but I feel that would be terribly risky.

I think he will have very quickly got rid of the body, so imo she’ll be pretty close to the location of the ‘attack’.

I think he then took the phone for a drive, switched it on to set off a decoy ping, before getting rid of it in a body of water. … unfortunately for him it didn’t land in the middle of that tiny dam - or it will have possibly stayed buried in the sludge for a very long time.

Of course I’m not a local so I stand to be corrected. I guess, as someone who had intimate knowledge of the area, POS may’ve had a quick & easy escape route to goodness knows where, but I still don’t sense the body will be in the vicinity of where the phone was located.

I’ll caveat my response by saying I work in intelligence and work with both raw data and Intell to seek resolution/target entities. Can sound sexy, but also quite boring at times…

I need more infirmation to get into the detail, but I believe it was completely opportunistic, and his only saving grace at the moment is his legal team, telling him to shut up. I reckon everything that has been done post (alleged) murder has been reactive (phone, body) with little thought. And that what makes it tough. Cops love known behaviour, we don’t have that.

I was pretty clear at the outset that VicPol had the phone comms pretty quickly, and it provided some answers, but it’s easy to seperate a body from the phone. Much like Lynn has done in the scrub.

I’ve done some charting at home (activity, comms, timeline) on this case, and there is a lot of info gaps, particularly in the public domain.
Would you think it's likely what I reckon happened in this case and that is POS accidentally hit SM with his car and she may or may not have still been alive when he took her body away.
Police complained about the cost of getting that phone data. Perhaps they should have a system where they apply to have it given to them under a court order...bit like a search warrant and they could even send their own expert in to retrieve the data they were looking for.
Why do you believe it's opportunistic and to allegedly commit murder for what purpose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back