Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Here are the crime board rules of engagement. Please read them.

Importantly, 'sub judice' means that a case is under consideration by the courts. 'Sub judice contempt' can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Don't spread baseless rumours or state as fact that which is opinion, please.

A degree of respect in all discussion across this board is expected.

The Murder of Rebecca Young - Ballarat

The Murder of Hannah McGuire - Ballarat * Lachie Young charged

Allegedly

Last edited:
Taking it seriously now, if it's in Queensland. They even sent a chopper up.

Women in Brisbane are increasingly concerned after reporting a series of targeted attacks on Mt Coot-tha walking trails
Murderystuffs work colleague?

Podcast.

Why the red thumbs down? You don't like it Sqotty from office works?
Involved in many search rescues and unfortunate retrievals and he goes against everything I know.
Think mr cassar is a toss bag who loves self promotion.
Ask him what happened on his little William search.
Hope you can't find a way to card me for that.

Involved in many search rescues and unfortunate retrievals and he goes against everything I know.
He has had no success in well known or publicised cases. He is reported to have located an elderly missing man in NSW and a boy lost in the bush. Details of these cases do not seem to be publicly available, however.

There's more than one episode in the podcast, the Digital Footprints episode is better.

It’s a challenge to find a fresh perspective on what may’ve occurred from the time SM left home for her morning exercise session.

Approx 1 month after her disappearance, Police arrested a young man who they say deliberately murdered her at an area known as Mt Clear (to me it’s all about as Clear as Mud!)
PS had apparently been under secret surveillance for the preceding 2 weeks, but for reasons not made public, his arrest waited until 6 March, with an indication then given that he had killed her within an hour of her leaving home that morning.

Now, some 3.5 months after his arrest, and numerous police searches of surrounding areas, we are aware that :

• Samantha Murphy is still missing
  • Police are in possession of her mobile phone
  • Said phone is apparently functioning
  • PS’s is remaining tight lipped
  • Seems his family members have left town
  • No one who knows PS or his family, is speaking publicly (rumoured comments but nothing specific either way)
  • His next court date is 8th August
  • PS has Paul Galbally, a high profile, high cost lawyer, in his corner

And that’s about the sum of it.

Despite the fact that here we have some of the world’s best sleuths delve into and analyse to the ent degree every imaginable possibility, including the weird, the wild & the wacky - I’m still searching for that something ‘concrete’, as currently things don’t gel for me.
If police had been watching the suspect for two weeks before Samantha went missing maybe he had made some threats on a disguised social platform.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But they hadn't. They apparently only started watching POS two weeks after SM disappeared.
👍 apparently so. .

I do wonder what tipped them off to start watching HIM, after 2 weeks of searching & investigating. For sure, as discussed, there’s any number of possibilities :

police questioning in the community may have highlighted concerns about POS and his activities around that time

family / partner may have noticed something of concern, be it behaviour, demeanour, or physical evidence

there’s always technology to factor in these days ! Possibly it took Police over a week to put a request to Telcos to provide data - and Lo & Behold, they find correlations between signals from the SIM allocated to POS & the one allocated to SM.

his work may have become compromised - although I’m sure I recall reading that on the Monday after, he was doing work at the school where his Mum worked

his vehicle may have shown up on cameras - if so, it would seem strange that a trace of it’s movements hasn’t led to her whereabouts

cross checks of police records may have highlighted the traffic offence (no doubt that forced the now pending charges, and gained the traffic officer a rap over the knuckles for his ‘oversight’) However, that may have also highlighted other areas of concern. Not sure if here or elsewhere that I read of a friendship between POS & son of an officer . ( at this moment, I’m feeling so very sad for so many people )

Presumably Police left POS to carry on as usual (under surveillance) in the hope that he’d somehow divulge SM’s whereabouts. …but that didn’t happen, and still hasn’t.

Which begs the big question

Remove this Banner Ad

Back