Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Here are the crime board rules of engagement. Please read them.

Importantly, 'sub judice' means that a case is under consideration by the courts. 'Sub judice contempt' can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Don't spread baseless rumours or state as fact that which is opinion, please.

A degree of respect in all discussion across this board is expected.

The Murder of Rebecca Young - Ballarat

The Murder of Hannah McGuire - Ballarat * Lachie Young charged

Allegedly

Last edited:
I thought there may have been a chance he visited the panel shop the Murphy’s owned and maybe that’s how he knew her? I don’t know it’s all just what if’s and maybes. Girls in catering said he told them he’s off to Sydney.
There well and truely could have been ! It seems to be quite popular and busy . Are you able to maybe PM me this persons name I have a close friend who works at the Ballarat base she could help :)

Angela Lansbury No GIF

There well and truely could have been ! It seems to be quite popular and busy . Are you able to maybe PM me this persons name I have a close friend who works at the Ballarat base she could help :)
Chucking allegations round and linking it to a hospital with enquiries leaving a footprint on their HR system?

Hospitals are really concerned with breaches of privacy (payouts and defamation level concerned)

Basing all this on one anonymous poster who has a bad feeling about somebody which may have a basis in reality. may be a delusion or revenge?

Better man than I

Actually a local girl hung herself a couple of months ago in the botanic garden golf course. Natasha Ryan infamous “girl in the closet” from the days of Brendan Fraser’s murders in Rockhampton. He confessed to killing her but 4/5yrs later she was found hiding in her boyfriends house in a cupboard which jeopardised all the murders Fraser actually did.

My weirdo stated to our Unit Mgr that he liked to walk around Yeppen and the Golf Course before and after his shifts. His shifts end at 2230 and commenced at 1400. His motel was within walking distance. Her husband stated there was no way she could get up that tree by herself but police deemed it a suicide. Literally only just got told this just now….. who knows? I thought it odd she’d kill herself after all this time and she became a nurse and was living a relatively normal happier life.
I think you mean Leonard Fraser, not Brendan.

I’ve read somewhere too about the husbands doubts of suicide, but it all points to being the case. But gee what an awful thing for Natasha. Her whole story is so sad.

We had a guy came to QLD to work left Ballarat 13/14 days after SM’s murder….no job, no family, no people to come to here and never took up a residence. Insisted on being paid cash and lived out of motels. Gave our entire Hospital the “creepy” vibes. Even our Mgr couldn’t understand how she got it so wrong.

Yes I reported him. He left our employ 2wks ago and is headed back south, uncertain if he’ll return to Ballarat but he’s a long time resident there so I think he will eventually. He is interviewing for jobs on his way south as my mgr provided a verbal phone reference, an honest one!! Because it was pretty obvious to us and the number of complaints from patients/staff about him he was never an orderly and if he was he wasn’t good at it at the Ballarat Hospital either!!

I gave his rego plate, mobile number, the fact he remained in hotel accomodation here and never took up a residence. Claiming he was a sovereign citizen. That he had a “panel damaged white car” reportedly seen in the national park on the morning of SM’s murder. His linkedin profile changed drastically twice one bagging out our nurses and staff but not naming our hospital so Exec Team couldn’t do anything about it. To becoming a land surveyor in WA for past 4yrs with a much younger photo of himself. Provided the link to an 11pg tirade he wrote to the Victorian Mental Health Commission which was very telling and named Ballarat Hospital.

How he was asking our young nurses what they carried on themselves for protection and where the national parks were to “go walking and view the wildflowers”. How EVERYONE in our hospital found him “odd” and “creepy” even the men. And some of our Doctors even gave him a wide berth when he’d be loitering the Exec Suites after hours. Would sign off shifts and still hide in odd places within the hospital which he was spoken to about.

I don’t think crimestoppers were overly interested and they simply said every tip would be looked into. Personally her body could be anywhere between the Gold Coast and Ballarat.
Give the Ballarat Police a call and speak to the Duty Sergeant or Detectives there, everything helps. It might not be anything, but let them look at it, there might be a lead to something else. https://www.police.vic.gov.au/ballarat-police-station

There’s a suspect in custody, and it seems like the police have a very solid case based on their silence.

random nurse dude is 100% irrelevant to this case. I’ll die on that hill.

I think you mean Leonard Fraser, not Brendan.

I’ve read somewhere too about the husbands doubts of suicide, but it all points to being the case. But gee what an awful thing for Natasha. Her whole story is so sad.
Yes Leonard Fraser, my bad….thank you. And yes I couldn’t understand why she’d do this. Last I heard she was living happily married, had become a nurse and had turned her life around.

There’s a suspect in custody, and it seems like the police have a very solid case based on their silence.

random nurse dude is 100% irrelevant to this case. I’ll die on that hill.
He is not a nurse. And you’re possibly correct. It’s not abnormal for someone to want to leave a town and state, among other strange things; that they left Ballarat because of all the murders. 👍🏼

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chucking allegations round and linking it to a hospital with enquiries leaving a footprint on their HR system?

Hospitals are really concerned with breaches of privacy (payouts and defamation level concerned)

Basing all this on one anonymous poster who has a bad feeling about somebody which may have a basis in reality. may be a delusion or revenge?

Better man than I
what allegations am i throwing around lol by asking about someone exactly? Im not going to HR lol i am asking a friend who works there if they know this person that is all !

Yes I reported him. He left our employ 2wks ago and is headed back south, uncertain if he’ll return to Ballarat but he’s a long time resident there so I think he will eventually. He is interviewing for jobs on his way south as my mgr provided a verbal phone reference, an honest one!!
He left our employ by resignation 2 weeks ago and I reported him the Thursday before his last shift (7days prior) and gave location of motel.
I don’t see too much of my suspect nowadays (but hearing plenty) and we no longer speak to each other. Like ships passing in the afternoon on the ward.
Seems like bullshittery stuff.

And I’m sure hospitals are paying staff in cash in 2024.

Remove this Banner Ad

Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back