News Sandilands ruled out of Roos' clash

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh my ****ing god. What is with all these injuries??

OR

Are we just lying and resting players?

It'd have to be this if true - I still wonder about Ballantyne and whether he is really "injured" or not

Harvey is playing games I think and if this means we have a near-full squad fit and fresh for the first week of the finals and we make top 4 then i'm happy

But I cant see us making top four if we are resting key players ???!!!!

To me its either

Resting key players, and we will finish 5th or 6th and they will be fresh for a good finals campaign

OR

Keep playing the stars with no rest, trying their best to get into a top for spot and then fizzing out of the finals early.

OR

They are actually really injured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like we are satisfied with 5th and want to make sure we make a fight of it in the finals.

I can understand the logic, there is little use limping into the finals and going out in straight sets. 4th would be great but its no certainty and Sandi/Pav definitely need a week off at some stage.

Looks like we are satisfied with 5th and want to make sure we make a fight of it in the finals.

I can understand the logic, there is little use limping into the finals and going out in straight sets. 4th would be great but its no certainty and Sandi/Pav definitely need a week off at some stage.

Whilst I am pining for a top 4 spot to guarantee we get at least 2 finals into the team/young guys, 5th spot isn't so bad. It guarantees a home final in the first week against the 8th placed team. The 8th placed team this year is likely to be one of Carlton/Sydney or Noth Melbourne.

If its Carlton, they will have to head out west to Perth two weeks in a row to face us. Surely that would be a massive advantage to us.

If we were somehow throwing a game to finish 5th rather than 4th I doubt it would be this week. We would get the required wins on the board and then rest key players instead of taking them to Bloody Tazzie.

We are getting to the point where our injury list has the size and quality to field a decent team of its own - if they weren't all injured.

Sandi's last two games at Etihad, vs Rich & Dogs have been pretty poor anyway, seems to have trouble marking the ball there for some reason..
When you see little blokes like Rioli slipping on the surface, it must be draining on the big fella to stay upright..
Not the worst idea to give the ground a miss..
Big Zac, Kep & Rhys in?

Remove this Banner Ad

News Sandilands ruled out of Roos' clash

Remove this Banner Ad

Back