Sando sacked - confirmed **** crows only ****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to express my sympathy to you lot...I think it's terrible, in fact, an absolute disgrace, that Big Footy makes you read this thread and even forces you to post in it! You should start a petition.
Amen nothing like hinted censorship

I suspect others will decide it for him. Or have already decided. Did he knock back any job offers so that he could embark upon his study tour?
Not that I recall. Everyone assumed Bickley would give him a job, but they're cutting back on their coaching department spending, not adding to it, because of that equalization tax thing.

I'll always have some sympathy. He's a young coach, nowhere near the finished article and we knew that when we hired him.

He needed support, we gave it to him and then took the training wheels off too early. That's not exactly the best opportunity to succeed.

He's only had 1 year before he was cut loose via Bailey not being replaced. Tough gig for any coach & add in the palour of the sanctions glooming over everything.

Doesn't matter who you are anyone would struggle.

That said even in 2012 I was never convinced he was a very good coach. But a very good coach would also have struggled.

I think his biggest mistake was not knowing how to ask, how to demand help. Was their a culture of thinking asking for help = weakness? Dunno. Maybe he was stubborn. But a real man manager knows no one is the finished product everyone needs help.

I'll always have some sympathy. He's a young coach, nowhere near the finished article and we knew that when we hired him.

He needed support, we gave it to him and then took the training wheels off too early. That's not exactly the best opportunity to succeed.

He's only had 1 year before he was cut loose via Bailey not being replaced. Tough gig for any coach & add in the palour of the sanctions glooming over everything.

Doesn't matter who you are anyone would struggle.

That said even in 2012 I was never convinced he was a very good coach. But a very good coach would also have struggled.

I think his biggest mistake was not knowing how to ask, how to demand help. Was their a culture of thinking asking for help = weakness? Dunno. Maybe he was stubborn. But a real man manager knows no one is the finished product everyone needs help.
No doubt he was dealt a shit sandwich with losing Tippett and the draft picks. But ultimately he had no game plan and a good coach should at least be able to implement that.

No doubt he was dealt a shit sandwich with losing Tippett and the draft picks. But ultimately he had no game plan and a good coach should at least be able to implement that.

Looking back at him in hindsight, there was plenty of writing on the wall when he would discuss stats all the time at post match press conferences.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back