SANFL History

Remove this Banner Ad

Magpiespower said:
For the life of me, I don't see how any true Port supporter could dump the Maggies for Centrals.
Well, I started this argy bargy and promptly disappeared - but THIS was the point I was trying to make! I'm fairly ambivalent about the Port Adelaide club identity thing, but buggered if I know how a true wharfie (and I use the term with some level of grudging admiration/affection) can instantly become a Doggie. It defies belief for old time SANFL followers.

LBJ23 said:
I don't have a problem with it.

Pt Adel Magpies formed in 1870 have 36 SANFL flags.

Pt Adel Power (formerly Magpies) also formed in 1870 have 34 SANFL flags (because they have the same history as the Magpies until the end of 1996, & then formed a new team to be known as the Power when they joined the AFL in 1997) and 1 AFL flag.

Easy as that.
Atleast someone got it finally :rolleyes:

McAlmanac said:
Well, I started this argy bargy and promptly disappeared - but THIS was the point I was trying to make! I'm fairly ambivalent about the Port Adelaide club identity thing, but buggered if I know how a true wharfie (and I use the term with some level of grudging admiration/affection) can instantly become a Doggie. It defies belief for old time SANFL followers.

Exactly.

I hate to think what will happen when the Crows win their next premiership.

Probably see a poster called 'That's Crows' pop up.

Magpiespower said:
Exactly.

I hate to think what will happen when the Crows win their next premiership.

Probably see a poster called 'That's Crows' pop up.
Speak for yourself..its the fact that most Port fans(even tough you deny it.. i have provided lots of links from various persons which proves my point) dont care about PAMFC. Just go to the main board and see it for yourself :rolleyes: .. i have been a PAFC season ticket holder from pre 1996 era .. surely you know enough about me to make a dumb comment like that..and i hope you can read properly..we won the AFL flag in september.. i registered my name in the first week of august.. tool :rolleyes:

McAlmanac said:
when did i say i instantly became a doggie? obviously you did'nt read my previous posts.

Thats Power said:
Speak for yourself..its the fact that most Port fans(even tough you deny it.. i have provided lots of links from various persons which proves my point) dont care about PAMFC.

Speak for yourself.

I find it impossible to reconcile with the fact that a 'Port supporter' could barrack against the black-and-white prison bar guernsey.

Do you stand on the terraces at Alberton wearing Power gear and yelling 'wharfie scum' when the Maggies take on Centrals?

.. i have been a PAFC season ticket holder from pre 1996 era .. surely you know enough about me to make a dumb comment like that..

I'm sorry - do we know each other?

I'm glad you feel the need to justify what a 'loyal supporter' you are.

and i hope you can read properly..we won the AFL flag in september.. i registered my name in the first week of august.. tool :rolleyes:

You're right, absolutely right. I had no right doubting your 'support.'

Bandwagoner.

Magpiespower said:
Speak for yourself.

I find it impossible to reconcile with the fact that a 'Port supporter' could barrack against the black-and-white prison bar guernsey.

Do you stand on the terraces at Alberton wearing Power gear and yelling 'wharfie scum' when the Maggies take on Centrals?
:rolleyes: Go on.. you are making no sense here

Magpiespower said:
I'm sorry - do we know each other?

I'm glad you feel the need to justify what a 'loyal supporter' you are.

You're right, absolutely right. I had no right doubting your 'support.'

Bandwagoner.
PAFC member since 1998 .. yeah sure am a bandwagoner. :rolleyes:
PAFC member (SANFL) between 1991-1995
You are an absolute ********er. Oh yeah i am so hurt being called a bandwagoner by a ********er. So are the many port fans who gives a ******** about magpies :D

you are an absolute tool.. you are trying to shove your personal belief up someones face when most port fans think otherwise.. read this and cry me a river ********er

Port Adelaide 1870 said:
Formed out of the PAFC and as a seamless continuining Port Adelaide presence in the SANFL

- most old Port supporters don't recognise the PAMFC as old Port,

Thats Centrals,

Let me spell it out to you - a true, loyal, passionate, die-hard, feral Port supporter wouldn't ditch the Magpies for Centrals. They may be lay Magpies, but they wouldn't turn their back on the faith completely.

And 'most old Port supporters [not] recognising the PAMFC as old Port' is not quite the same as jumping ship altogether now is it?

I'm sure you enjoyed the glory days of the Magpies in the late 80s/early 90s, almost as much as you enjoy the Bulldogs' recent domination.

Though you must have been torn at the 1995/1996 Grand Finals.

Magpiespower said:
Thats Centrals,

Let me spell it out to you - a true, loyal, passionate, die-hard, feral Port supporter wouldn't ditch the Magpies for Centrals. They may be lay Magpies, but they wouldn't turn their back on the faith completely.

And 'most old Port supporters [not] recognising the PAMFC as old Port' is not quite the same as jumping ship altogether now is it?

I'm sure you enjoyed the glory days of the Magpies in the late 80s/early 90s, almost as much as you enjoy the Bulldogs' recent domination.

Though you must have been torn at the 1995/1996 Grand Finals.

Will you stop hijacking the thread without reading what i posted before! first of all i have stated that i have always liked the centrals (yeah its a crime according to you maybe :confused: ), after the PAFC moved to the AFL i chose not to support the PAMFC for obvious reasons.The club is independent.. no relationship whatsoever with the PAFC except they share the same heritage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats Power said:
:D He is a ******** stirrer.. according to him all Power fans should be Magpies fan as well :rolleyes:
i see the point you are making.. you always supported the centrals it seems, that is acceptable.. much like dyertribe in the adelaide board who go for both adelaide and port :D

Thats Power said:
The club is independent.. no relationship whatsoever with the PAFC except they share the same heritage.

fknunblvable :rolleyes:

How can you...oh stuff it, im not even going to try anymore. I cant believe im going to do this but i totally agree and am on the side of Magpiespower here.

And whats with calling them 'the centrals'??? lol :p

This raises other issues too of the level of support for the SANFL. If even the most, well what we thought was one of the most, passionately supported clubs in the league has its fans jumping ship like pansies, then what are the SANFL going to do about this and not just them but Port Adelaide, what are they doing to do to try and reverse this if most port fans have shunned the 'prison bar' guernsey that was worn by some of the greats??? :confused:

Jimmy said:
fknunblvable

How can you...oh stuff it, im not even going to try anymore. I cant believe im going to do this but i totally agree and am on the side of Magpiespower here.

And whats with calling them 'the centrals'??? lol

This raises other issues too of the level of support for the SANFL. If even the most, well what we thought was one of the most, passionately supported clubs in the league has its fans jumping ship like pansies, then what are the SANFL going to do about this and not just them but Port Adelaide, what are they doing to do to try and reverse this if most port fans have shunned the 'prison bar' guernsey that was worn by some of the greats???
The obsession continues :rolleyes: ..why do you bother about why i like the centrals? what are you going to prove? i have made my point that i have been a PAFC member since 1991 (sanfl) and 1998 (AFL).. i dont care if ********ers like you call me bandwagoners.Where does it say that you can like ONLY one club in the league? that is you my dear friend who has a problem with it and i dont give a ******** about that

Thats Power said:
Some people deserve it ..praise the internet.. where people are stupid enough to judge someone on the www by hijacking a thread and killing it. The obsession continues :D go the power!
A little politeness will help TP :D but i agree judging people online is pathetic. Never heard anyone calling DT a bandwagoner.. so i dont see the point in calling you one too. Go Glenelg :D

crowsfan2004 said:
A little politeness will help TP but i agree judging people online is pathetic. Never heard anyone calling DT a bandwagoner.. so i dont see the point in calling you one too. Go Glenelg
This is a thread dedicated to me instead :D i should feel proud.Anyway .. to ma tossers who will continue to hijack his thread.. stick to the topic..SANFL history..not my history :D

He is a ******** stirrer.. according to him all Power fans should be Magpies fan as well.

Not at all.

But one would imagine that if you were a Port supporter in the SANFL pre-Power, you'd still be one today.

What exactly is it about the Magpies that makes your stomach churn? The black-and-white prison bar guernsey? Alberton Oval? The magpie emblem?

Hodges, Chalmers, Brown, Poole, Carter, P. Burgoyne, Tredrea, T. Carr, Evans, S. Burgoyne, Cummings, Ackland, Francis, Cockatoo-Collins are just some of the names who have worn both Port guernsey's since 1997. So I guess you'd cheer for them one week and boo them the next, right?

In the old days, we would give the Crows supporters heaps for something like this.

Magpiespower said:
Not at all.

But one would imagine that if you were a Port supporter in the SANFL pre-Power, you'd still be one today.

What exactly is it about the Magpies that makes your stomach churn? The black-and-white prison bar guernsey? Alberton Oval? The magpie emblem?

Hodges, Chalmers, Brown, Poole, Carter, P. Burgoyne, Tredrea, T. Carr, Evans, S. Burgoyne, Cummings, Ackland, Francis, Cockatoo-Collins are just some of the names who have worn both Port guernsey's since 1997. So I guess you'd cheer for them one week and boo them the next, right?

In the old days, we would give the Crows supporters heaps for something like this.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Hate the magpies? where did i say that? I dont support magpies doesnt mean i am going to boo them.From pre 1996 days i used to support centrals and PAFC as well..(yeah i know its a crime to support 2 teams) does'nt mean i used to boo centrals when PAFC were playing them.Where did i say i hate magpies.. please show me.I dont go for magpies because they are not PAFC and are an indepedent club(i know jimmy will be the quickest to pounce on this, and dont bother preaching me about PAMFC and PAFC).I can like more than one team without people making up ******** about me.

Remove this Banner Ad

SANFL History

Remove this Banner Ad

Back