Remove this Banner Ad

Chrizzt

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
SANFL Report: Logan continues to push
Tom Logan
Really strong performance which has become expected from Tommy. He played on Sturt’s dangerous smalls but was able to help us rebound the ball and win his fair share of it as well. In very good form and is using the ball well across half back.

Good to see Logan keep plugging away, and a really good return from pretty much all our AFL listed players.
Looks like Impey has secured Tommy's old spot, but I'd imagine we'd be looking to rest Impey for a week or two somewhere which will allow Logan's form to be rewarded with a senior call up.
Newton, Moore, Cluey, O'Shea, and Neade all genuinely pushing for AFL selection. Neade probably needs to string another few more big performances in a row to show consistency, but geez it's good to have so many players pushing for selection.

Good to see Logan keep plugging away, and a really good return from pretty much all our AFL listed players.
Looks like Impey has secured Tommy's old spot, but I'd imagine we'd be looking to rest Impey for a week or two somewhere which will allow Logan's form to be rewarded with a senior call up.
Newton, Moore, Cluey, O'Shea, and Neade all genuinely pushing for AFL selection. Neade probably needs to string another few more big performances in a row to show consistency, but geez it's good to have so many players pushing for selection.

It's about that time of year that Logan is due.

Disappointing to hear the injury was to the hip of butcher though.
hopefully it's not a sign of previous times and is a passing normal injury.

Also that's the third contact injury to Amon for the year for anyone that has seen them is he lacking awareness or having bad luck?

Impey gets a rest this week ;)

Lets get Tommy into the side! Dont know who to take out, so lets request the AFL allows us 18 on the field, 4 on the bench and 1 sub :)

agree, with Rioli out theres reall no match up fr impey, Logan can do a job on Gunstan or Puopillo
Gives 10cm on Gunstan. He'd be better matched on Bruest wouldn't he ? Would rather see Jarman on Bruest though.

Gives 10cm on Gunstan. He'd be better matched on Bruest wouldn't he ? Would rather see Jarman on Bruest though.

Breust is challenging Gray and Wingard for that AA spot, and is in some ripping form. I haven't really seen him cop a hard tag yet for some reason though.
Either Impey or Logan would be capable of that, maybe Logan's experience will prove vital here as Impey's speed isn't overly necessary on Breust.
Gives Impey a 2 week break which should be good for him.

Breust is challenging Gray and Wingard for that AA spot, and is in some ripping form. I haven't really seen him cop a hard tag yet for some reason though.
Either Impey or Logan would be capable of that, maybe Logan's experience will prove vital here as Impey's speed isn't overly necessary on Breust.
Fair call, i love Logan, but i must say i'm on the Impey train at the moment. If Jarman really does need a rest we'll find out saturday week. Good to have Logan ready to step in :thumbsu:

Logan's doing fine in the SANFL and not being picked is not to dishonour him. He's a soon to be delisted warrior, and the AFL team is almost certainly only going to pick players for the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I call Bruest is no.22 he always kills us

Jake Neade has been brilliant in the SANFL this year. Has picked up that little bit of courage he lacked at AFL level last year, when at times he didn't quite stand under it when it was his turn. His bag of tricks appears to have grown along with his confidence too.
Yep Jake is absolutely the next one to step up, albeit the right spot is needed. Has been an emergency, I think twice. Killed it against Sturt.

The top sides rotate their best players through the year so that they are ready for finals and the other players are kept up with the pace of the game as needed.

I'm sure that when and if we lock a top four spot in, Ken will be doing the exact same thing, and guys like Neade and Logan will be getting their chance just in case things go wrong during any finals campaign.

Jake Neade has been brilliant in the SANFL this year. Has picked up that little bit of courage he lacked at AFL level last year, when at times he didn't quite stand under it when it was his turn. His bag of tricks appears to have grown along with his confidence too.

Yep he is starting to move the ball on quicker rather than try and baulk 3 or 4 guys in a row. A lot more effective!

Logan's doing fine in the SANFL and not being picked is not to dishonour him. He's a soon to be delisted warrior, and the AFL team is almost certainly only going to pick players for the future.

The Club won't delist Tommy. He'll retire with his bandaged head held high, especially if he can play vs Collingwood in a final again.

The top sides rotate their best players through the year so that they are ready for finals and the other players are kept up with the pace of the game as needed.

I'm sure that when and if we lock a top four spot in, Ken will be doing the exact same thing, and guys like Neade and Logan will be getting their chance just in case things go wrong during any finals campaign.

I agree with this. I wouldn't be surprised if after the Hawks game, we start rotating the players around. Giving guys like Logan, Newton, Moore, Butcher, Clurey, Neade, Heath ect 4-5 games over the season will set us up for any loss of player around finals time, and also for future seasons to come. Also would help with any potential trade value at seasons end if needed to get a player in to fill a gap (I suspect not needed since we are shoe ins for the flag :p )

Would love Tommy to get a few games this year and stay in the side

Logan can do a job on Gunstan

WoFCtSl.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back