Sarge in September

Remove this Banner Ad

GoSarge

Club Legend
Mar 27, 2005
Other Teams
Adelaide
Just wanted to share my september memories following the Crows in Victoria:

1997 - Went to the first 2 finals in Adelaide but couldn't afford to go to the prelim. We won convincingly. Tried desperately for a GF ticket after mum was going to lend me the money, but couldnt get one. Of course we won.

1998 - Wasnt going to miss out this time. Was packed and went to the final v Melbourne. We got trounced. After beating Sydney the following week, I decided that I wouldnt go to the prelim final v the Bulldogs as 'we probably wouldnt beat them twice in a row'. Of course we won, so I tried to get a ticket to the Grand Final but no luck. Yes we won that too.

2001 - After declaring I will NEVER ever miss another final in Melbourne I booked the tickets for the elimination final v Carlton. Bad loss, I actually think that was the ONLY game EVER that Jim Plunkett had more than 3 disposals.

At this stage I was absolutely dejected. Score at this stage was -

Finals in Melbourne without Sarge 4/4
Finals in Melbourne with Sarge 0/2.

2002 - I was actually playing local footy for Gepps Cross so I couldn't go to the final against Melbourne in 2002 and it was a cracker, but I bravely bought my ticket for the Collingwood prelimin. Again we lost.

2003 - There were no finals in Melbourne, but I was prepared to go.

Scoreboard reads:

Finals in Melbourne without Sarge 5/5
Finals in Melbourne with Sarge 0/3.

:(

i went to carlton 93, when we kick 8 goals 45
essendon 93, aahh dont mention that

melbourne 98 nearly got in a fight with an old woman blasted her telling her she will not win the gf that year (in her face)

i couldnt make the more recent ones, but

we should never go to a crows final again :p

I did go to the Richmond game 1 week ago and we won convincingly, so I can confirm it isn't 'Sarge in Melbourne' that is the problem, I think it is 'Sarge in Melbourne in September'.

GoSarge said:

1997 - Went to the first 2 finals in Adelaide but couldn't afford to go to the prelim. We won convincingly. Tried desperately for a GF ticket after mum was going to lend me the money, but couldnt get one. Of course we won.

1998 - Wasnt going to miss out this time. Was packed and went to the final v Melbourne. We got trounced. After beating Sydney the following week, I decided that I wouldnt go to the prelim final v the Bulldogs as 'we probably wouldnt beat them twice in a row'. Of course we won, so I tried to get a ticket to the Grand Final but no luck. Yes we won that too.

2001 - After declaring I will NEVER ever miss another final in Melbourne I booked the tickets for the elimination final v Carlton. Bad loss, I actually think that was the ONLY game EVER that Jim Plunkett had more than 3 disposals.

2002 - I was actually playing local footy for Gepps Cross so I couldn't go to the final against Melbourne in 2002 and it was a cracker, but I bravely bought my ticket for the Collingwood prelimin. Again we lost.

Scoreboard reads:

did you attend all of port powers finals games too, or was that more of an incompetent club>? :confused:

I've been to every final the Crows have played in except for the Sydney '98 final and the Brisbane '02 and '03 finals.

So I've seen some bloody awesome games (ie. GF's, prelim's, semi v Melbourne in '02, semi v Geelong in '97 and Elimination final v the Hawks in '93) and some heartbreakers (Essendon prelim '93, Collingwood prelim '02). Overall have had a good record in finals with me present though. I think it's something like 9 wins and 5 losses. Not too shabby at all.

And jonster, I reckon I might have run into the same old bag at the Melbourne final in '98. Calling us every word under the sun after we lost, told us to F-off back to SA. I felt like ringing her up and giving her a big cheerio 3 weeks later. :D

outback jack said:
did you attend all of port powers finals games too, or was that more of an incompetent club>? :confused:

I was there jackie, and managed to get 'em beat from 2001 to 2003.

Last year I was overseas through the finals and they got up.

But I'll be here and going if they have any finals matches here this year. :D

outback jack said:

Nah mate, don't think they needed me there !

Jars458 said:
Finals with Jars in attendance 2 wins 0 loses

Games in melbourne in total - 5 wins one loss.

Damn, that is some pretty impressive numbers. You better haul your @rse to Melbourne if we play some finals there ! :D

me said:

2002 - I was actually playing local footy for Gepps Cross so I couldn't go to the final against Melbourne in 2002 and it was a cracker, but I bravely bought my ticket for the Collingwood preliminary. Again we lost.

Scoreboard reads:

Just wanted to bump this thread.

I went to the St Kilda first final last year and we lost. Then I was supposed to meet up with Crows98 and get tickets for the Showdown final but was sick and I missed that game (and of course we won).

Interestingly enough, I have a wedding on Saturday of the prelim weekend this year and I wont be able to make a home prelim, should we make it. Is this an omen ? I am still debating tickets for the first home final, but Im not quite sure !

What are others thinking ?

GoSarge said:

Scoreboard reads:

were u in seniors or juniors at gepps, i played at gepps for 8 years, left two seasons ago.

edit: you are 30 odd lol, your a bit ahead of me lol, i wouldnt have even played juniors when u were in juniors lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sarge in September

Remove this Banner Ad

Back