SaveOurJumper.com.au (#1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SaveOurJumper.com.au

I was a Bear (moved from Brisbane) before I was a Lion but I now feel more aligned to Fitzroy than the Brisbane Lions which quite frankly is sad. I will join FFC in Melbourne and email the club CC'ing SEN and 3AW to make sure they know that my membership is gone because of this.

I will refuse to join the club again as a member until the 'Fitzroy Lion' on this jumper issue is back tracked and the threat of sueing the FFC is revoked.

I applaud the passion you all show and am also disgusted at the way that the club has been run by Bowers and his spin machine.

I just can't get my head around the lack of respect shown to the Fitzroy football club in all of this.

Nah, all members have been equally callously ignored... Fitzroy, Brisbane and miscellaneous.

Absolutely shattered.

It took one off-season for this club to lose me. Recruit Sam Power, sue the FFC and be done with it.

Get ****ed Bowers.

35cn9tg.jpg

not only am i dissapointed in the way Fitzroy have been treated, am getting more furious by the minute as i hear comments such as "get over it, it's just a jersey".

im about to rage.
bowers, suck me..
seriously.

The events of the last couple of weeks have ended in a disappointing result. I understand that you cannot stop change but you can dictate how the change is made. Whilst I did not want the jumper to change at all, in the end I was prepared for a small changes or even a totally new NAB cup jumper, but this change is a change in the wrong direction. There is something not right with the new Lion, not hideous, but not right.

Having merged with Fitzroy it has felt like a brother-ship over time has formed. Not alway agreeing on everything but still fighting for the same cause...to win a flag and to be proud of a great club. Having seen these old Fitzroy supporters treated as if they did not exist sadden me greatly cause brothers of mine have been hurt and I take that personally.

I don't have an answer that compromises between change and historic identity but I know it is not this. To all of those who have taken up option to make a change in the right direction I salute you.

I think what I REALLY don't like about the strip is the way the logo looks like its just thrown on top of an already existing head.

It appears that a lot of effort went into the logo to make it appear like the sun was casting a shadow over the face, highlighting various areas etc. etc.

I think I'd probably like it to be honest if the mane didn't go from maroon to gold and completely ignore the pre existing tone.

I'm no artist, but I think if the mane were to continue being more maroon down the right hand side, and the head was more integrated into the rest of the form it wouldn't look too bad.

Other changes I'd make are:

• Move the point where the maroon meets the blue up to the point where the extended lions paw meets the body. Make it a horizontal division.
  • Decrease the size of the lion so that the football was still relatively visible from front on.
  • I like what they've done with the back, but I'm not sure how it would be integrated with the changes I've made in my previous two points.

Anyway, that's my two cents. Interested to hear what the rest of you think.

After having a great day watching Tiger at Kingston Heath this afternoon, it was all ruined by listening to that absolute arrogant a**hole Bowers on SEN tonight trying to justify the reasons for the change of jumper.

And then my day went further downhill from there when I actually saw the jumper on the lions website.

The current Board and Adminsitration (in particular Bowers) must be held accountable for this!!

Don't hate it, don't really like it though either. Few things I wanted to express.

1. Is it just me or is the lion completely out of proportion? If your going to f*ck the jumper at least do it properly.

2. Now that all this is done has anyone got an answer from Bowers as to why the merger agreement has been shat all over? I've emailed him and got a long-winded nothing answer about moving forward.

3. Bowers has proven himself a liar. More positive emails that negative? there are over 2000 signatures on saveourjumper.com and few people here have supported the change/proposed changes. Where are all these supposed supporters? Someone set up another petition site
www.f*ckoffbowers.com.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh my. To me the worst thing is that it feels offensive to not make a fresh design and instead meddle with the traditional Lion by just changing it's head.

The logo is okay but re-modelling the Lion on the jumper like that is not.

Offensive is the word. Well said :thumbsu:

I feel very offended... and quite frankly, I feel Fitzroy has been violated

That jumper is catered for kids, tweens & teenagers (looks more like Aslan from the chronicles of Narnia movie ), they're trying to increase supporter base that way. Membership is low, new team from same state arriving n they're freaking out. I understand what Bowers & co are trying to do, but for the die hards and true supporters its a kick in the ass. The corporate world don't give **** about us cause they know we will continue supporting our team, but to them the allmighty dollar beats stronger than the heart, and to lose a few, they expect to gain a couple of kids by pulling on mummy and daddy's arm and saying "i want one of those"

Diehards in this day and age are now the minority. It's about pleasing the casual fan. Im just glad i enjoyed some traditional, grass roots footy. And i bet ya, Bowers , marketers & co had no idea who Fitzroy or the bears were 15 years ago, let alone the history created in '01-03.

I'll continue to support the lions on field endeavours, but i wont put my hard earned money in the pockets of the corporate bigwigs.

Its not the first time Fitzroy Football Club directors have been sued by the Brisbane Lions. Last time, the Brisbane Lions lost. It probably cost the Lions a couple of thousand Victorian members.

I have been sitting back waiting for the guernsey. I am very angry.....Bowers is a c....I wonder why melb supporters have "stagnated"". YOU IDIOT. WE ONLY SEE THE BOYS LIVE B5 TIMES!!!!

Mixed Reception for Lions New Look

Uses quotes from another forum.

Yes, our forum ins't a happy camper about the new look jumper. Some of the younger supporters don't understand the history of Fitzroy and that is understandable as that experience would only build. However the older supporters are firmly against any change.

To be honest having seen the new jumper and a few hours back the new Carlton Slogan for 2010, you think they were done in Bay 13 as a joke.

Did anybody actually complain about the old jumper?
Will the new jumper result in a single extra member?

Why does Bowers want to disassociate the club from its past?
I didn't think the past was all that bad. I would have thought that 3 premierhips in a row was a good thing.

Did anybody actually complain about the old jumper?
Will the new jumper result in a single extra member?

Why does Bowers want to disassociate the club from its past?
I didn't think the past was all that bad. I would have thought that 3 premierhips in a row was a good thing.

according to Bowers it does;)

To be honest having seen the new jumper and a few hours back the new Carlton Slogan for 2010, you think they were done in Bay 13 as a joke.

It is funny you mention that...

brisbane-lions-2010-new-jumper-b-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back