Teams SC 2015 - My team (Post NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
gY0kulc.png

Pretty happy with this. $9,800 left.

Looks good! I think you could work on your Ruck options - but rest of the team takes a good structure =)

Cheers mate, until this morning I was set on Ceglar rather than NicNat. Worked hard this morning to bring in a possible keeper ruck rather than a ruck with up side that I would look to trade to a fallen premium. So I have tried my best to improve my rucks but I don't want to upset the rest of my team to do so. Was thinking of down grading Swan but sometimes you have to back SC pedigree.

Cheers mate, until this morning I was set on Ceglar rather than NicNat. Worked hard this morning to bring in a possible keeper ruck rather than a ruck with up side that I would look to trade to a fallen premium. So I have tried my best to improve my rucks but I don't want to upset the rest of my team to do so. Was thinking of down grading Swan but sometimes you have to back SC pedigree.

Downgrade to Bonts....

My ruck @ the moment is Goldy and Maric - I personally think this is the most solid Ruck combination available - without spending too many $$$

Downgrade to Bonts....

My ruck @ the moment is Goldy and Maric - I personally think this is the most solid Ruck combination available - without spending too many $$$

I was looking at him but I have been stitched up by second year players who have only had one break out year before. I will think about it, thanks for the input.

I think you said it yourself. Downgrading Jacobs COULD burn a trade or potentially make you 200K best case scenario.
However..
Downgrading him now WILL DEFINITELY give you the 500K+ right now.

I can see logic in maybe having a low priced ruck backup, but not that much cash. Each to their own I guess.
Problem is with the extra 500K i will get, it will only gimme one extra primos, not two. ATM I don't consider it enough of a boost to change my ruck setup, as crazy or as unpopular as it is. Boom or bust.
Cheers for your contribution mate.

No... he became "flavoursome" by scoring 109, 110, and 141 over the pre-season. 1 score isn't enough to warrant a selection. 3 scores, being in Melbourne's leadership group, and playing further up the ground IS enough to warrant it.

I am sorry if my comments regarding Lumumba hurt your feelings.

He wasn't in every second team until the 141. So I will stand by my statement. It was one game. One big score. That it was preceded by two other solid scores is all well and good, I still think the masses have been stirred by one big number. It's my opinion.

Every year the NAB throws fool's gold at unsuspecting fantasy footballers. I do not personally agree that 3 NAB games justifies his flavoursomeness, when it is countered by a long, long record of mediocrity in fantasy terms.

I do however wish you every success with your choice.

Bonts is going to be a gun, and he's already going to be the Doggies second best player this year, but they're probably going to struggle to win more than a handful of games and he's going to be on the receiving end of a hard tag in just his second season....even though Swan is an old flog, his SC scoring in a bad year like last year is what I expect Bonts will score this year....whereas Swan could go big again...

reckon the d's will finish higher than the pies this year.
one club on the rise.
one club 12months out from sacking buckley and pleading with mick for return......

I would like to have a bet with you on that.

Not to digress too much, but I find it hilarious that when a guy like Beams is out injured, it's no excuse for a poor performance, but when he leaves for another club suddenly we are in the abyss...

We've played in 8 of the last 9 finals series, every year we are underrated by haters, it's hilarious really, with Reid, Brown, Elliott, Swan, Sidebottom, Toovey, Williams all on the park together for a change we will certainly finish higher than the Dees

I am sorry if my comments regarding Lumumba hurt your feelings.

He wasn't in every second team until the 141. So I will stand by my statement. It was one game. One big score. That it was preceded by two other solid scores is all well and good, I still think the masses have been stirred by one big number. It's my opinion.

Every year the NAB throws fool's gold at unsuspecting fantasy footballers. I do not personally agree that 3 NAB games justifies his flavoursomeness, when it is countered by a long, long record of mediocrity in fantasy terms.

I do however wish you every success with your choice.

No ****. If he scores 109, 110 and then a 50 then people will be wary, the fact he was the only player in the NAB Cup to score 100+ in all 3 games is why he's in people's teams, not because he scored 140 in one of them, but as a collective figure.

Sigh.

I am not judging your choice.

Other guys, right, guys who aren't as smart as you, right, probably got a bit of a stiffy over that 141 and put him in their team.

Not you though, obviously you have looked long and hard at 3 whole scores and decided that his decade of fantasy shit was irrelevant coz now he's at Melbourne and he tons. As a demon he always tons. That is bound to bear out in the season proper coz the opposition would have been trying as hard as they could to limit his influence. Especially all those VFL players he played against in the last match.

He may turn out to be an inspired choice. I wish you all the best with it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No ****. If he scores 109, 110 and then a 50 then people will be wary, the fact he was the only player in the NAB Cup to score 100+ in all 3 games is why he's in people's teams, not because he scored 140 in one of them, but as a collective figure.

To be fair though, 1 was against Essendon and the other against a doggies team that looked like the title characters of walking Dead.

His scores made him relevant, but the argument about how much merit you should put into them is just as valid. He is a 50/50 for me, but I would like a little more assurance that he will play in the mids, but struggle to see why they wouldn't have him running off half back considering he was AA there before his life became a poster for political correctness.

Sigh.

I am not judging your choice.

Other guys, right, guys who aren't as smart as you, right, probably got a bit of a stiffy over that 141 and put him in their team.

Not you though, obviously you have looked long and hard at 3 whole scores and decided that his decade of fantasy shit was irrelevant coz now he's at Melbourne and he tons. As a demon he always tons. That is bound to bear out in the season proper coz the opposition would have been trying as hard as they could to limit his influence. Especially all those VFL players he played against in the last match.

He may turn out to be an inspired choice. I wish you all the best with it

Jesus Christ. What crawled up your arse and died?

Downgrade to Bonts....

What makes you think maric is solid (which I'll assume incorporates games and scoring)?

I don't agree that Maric is solid. He is going to be managed for the rest of his career due to his groins, which will mean he gets rested. Hampson, our only true #1 ruck backup, injured himself on the weekend though, so it won't be for awhile that Maric gets rested.

I have a little bit of money left over. Can I please have some advise where it should go to improve my team.

Its different
why merrett?
Why higgins fwd compared to bonts or tom.Mitchell or walters or chad?

Getting really settled on this. Few risks ascosiated with some of the 'premo' rookies, like Cam McCarthy, Newton, Vanders, Sheed, Cripps etc.
Backline conundrum finally got to me and I went all out for the best expecting them to drop a little bit. Really worried Simpson may get dropped at end of year ONLY to blood the young guys when they are out of finals contention.
Ruck set up? Yeah, I know. Ballsy and dumb in equal measures. But thats just me! :drunk:
If anyone has any thoughts on the individual players, previous injuries, poor preseasons etc please alert me.
Thankyou in advance for your time.
View attachment 119531
Rookies subject to team sheets.:straining:

Why on earth do you have over $600K sitting on the bench not scoring you points. Are you daft or just plain stupid? You should not have so much cash just sitting there not in your 22. And it's not a case of each to their own. One is foolish and one is a proven successful supercoach method. What is the point of posting your team if you are not willing to take on peoples advise?

I have a little bit of money left over. Can I please have some advise where it should go to improve my team.
Get rid of merret rookie for merrett(miller in the mids) and put newnes back.
One of gray or dusty or both needs to go forward and then you'll need another premo mid or 2.

Getting really settled on this. Few risks ascosiated with some of the 'premo' rookies, like Cam McCarthy, Newton, Vanders, Sheed, Cripps etc.
Backline conundrum finally got to me and I went all out for the best expecting them to drop a little bit. Really worried Simpson may get dropped at end of year ONLY to blood the young guys when they are out of finals contention.
Ruck set up? Yeah, I know. Ballsy and dumb in equal measures. But thats just me! :drunk:
If anyone has any thoughts on the individual players, previous injuries, poor preseasons etc please alert me.
Thankyou in advance for your time.
View attachment 119531
Rookies subject to team sheets.:straining:

You know i was staring at this team going........With such a cheap midfield where is he spending his money on then i finally worked out it was the ruck bench. I reckon if you're gonna run Newton, Cripps and Sheed and only 4 premium mids, then you would want some better premium mids than what you've got.
I'd probably trade Jacobs out - at least for a cheaper ruck and get yourself some better mids.

I reckon Gray and Martin should be moving into the forward line to replace Gunston and Higgins, cash can then be used to upgrade Merrett as mentioned above. Probably better options than Towers and Lennon as cheapies (maybe a Hogan and Hugh Goddard) freeing up more cash to top up the midfield when replacing Gray and Martin. Maybe a Griffen and A.Swallow to replace (or even Wells as a much cheaper option with slightly more risk).

What do you guys think of mine? Just rejigged a little to get Ablett in there, but that's a question I'm wrestling with at the moment. Backline I'm not entirely sold on (but who is?!) and have $100 in the bank, so it would be playing with what I have there. Cheers

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-29 at 1.51.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-29 at 1.51.08 PM.png
    173.3 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back