Teams SC 2015 - My team (Post NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have a little bit of money left over. Can I please have some advise where it should go to improve my team.
Defence:
Merrett?? Always risky picking KPDs. Could turn out some very low scores.
Not sure Oxley will get a game, Brown offers excellent JS, won't score heaps but will make a little cash.
Mids and fwds:
I'd be trying to get at least one of Gray/Martin in your fwd line. Then put a genuine mid premium in their place.
Towers? Lennon? Karnesis?
Better off going a cheaper rookie or two (Lonie/Lamb) and upgrading one to a prem.

I guess the only thing I've considered as being outside of what I've read so far from other people's writing is Patty Ryder as the FWD/RUCK option - I'm wondering why this hasn't been used much before as it would seem to offer good value and bring depth to the ruck that could be useful should there be injuries or byes. I don't know whether the player has to line up as a ruckman to see SC points awarded so I'm guessing should that be the case there might be less value in having him in there.

Aside from that, it seems like the best way to proceed is a 'super premo + punting on the rookies to use as cashcows' tactic (with no midpricers) as the way to go - am I far off the mark?
I like Lycett as FWD/RUCK personally. Averaged 90+ in his last eight rounds or something and now big Dean Cox has retired that can only be a positive. I'd stay well away from Ryder, he's an unknown quantity at Port.

I'd also take Read from Geelong over Cox, given that Collingwood often plays earlier in the round so using him for loopholes is pretty hard.

I reckon Gray and Martin should be moving into the forward line to replace Gunston and Higgins, cash can then be used to upgrade Merrett as mentioned above. Probably better options than Towers and Lennon as cheapies (maybe a Hogan and Hugh Goddard) freeing up more cash to top up the midfield when replacing Gray and Martin. Maybe a Griffen and A.Swallow to replace (or even Wells as a much cheaper option with slightly more risk).

What do you guys think of mine? Just rejigged a little to get Ablett in there, but that's a question I'm wrestling with at the moment. Backline I'm not entirely sold on (but who is?!) and have $100 in the bank, so it would be playing with what I have there. Cheers

I would only take on one of Steven or Wells in the midfield, because at best you are only going to want one of them to be M6 by seasons end (if that).

Personally Cotchin is in the Boak category for me, superstar but more than willing to sacrifice his game statistically on multiple occasions for the team - so i'd prefer somebody else in that price range.

Gray is a personal preference. IMO he can only really hold his value over the first few weeks. He will get mammoth attention, and unless he comes out absolutely firing on all cylinders, he will probably drop a bit in price.

I like it overall though.

You know i was staring at this team going........With such a cheap midfield where is he spending his money on then i finally worked out it was the ruck bench. I reckon if you're gonna run Newton, Cripps and Sheed and only 4 premium mids, then you would want some better premium mids than what you've got.
I'd probably trade Jacobs out - at least for a cheaper ruck and get yourself some better mids.
I am backing some rapid growth, at the expense of a slow start. Still deciding if I want to do that ruck setup. I'm pretty settled on it.

Why on earth do you have over $600K sitting on the bench not scoring you points. Are you daft or just plain stupid? You should not have so much cash just sitting there not in your 22. And it's not a case of each to their own. One is foolish and one is a proven successful supercoach method. What is the point of posting your team if you are not willing to take on peoples advise?
I appreciate your time and abuse. :rolleyes:
I know its the glaring problem with the side, I am trying to find a cure for the problem everyone is facing.

You may have also missed this bit in the post you are smashing me on.
"If anyone has any thoughts on the individual players, previous injuries, poor preseasons etc please alert me.
Thankyou in advance for your time."

Again. Cheers:)

I know its the glaring problem with the side, I am trying to find a cure for the problem everyone is facing.

"If anyone has any thoughts on the individual players, previous injuries, poor preseasons etc please alert me.

Supercoach rage is a growing problem in society.

Have you considered Mumford and the Phillips on the bench combo? Phillips very cheap and guaranteed to replace Mummy if he goes down. It will save you a fair bit of coin too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you considered Mumford and the Phillips on the bench combo? Phillips very cheap and guaranteed to replace Mummy if he goes down. It will save you a fair bit of coin too.

Isnt phillips 200k or something

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure on Neale but couldn't figure out where to make some money unless I downgrade a premo forward to another rookie.

Also not happy with Leuenberger but I guess he'll do.

Only $11,600 left over.

SC2015.jpg

Don't really rate Neale that highly. Just when you think about Fyfe, Barlow, Mundy, Hill, Sandi, Johnson....they'll all average more, so how many points are going to be left over? Think there will be better value in the 400k's

Not sure on Neale but couldn't figure out where to make some money unless I downgrade a premo forward to another rookie.

Only $11,600 left over.

SC2015.jpg

Downgrade newton upgrade neale would by advice

Only $11,600 left over.

SC2015.jpg

Solid, although not sure Newton will be a starter VanBerlo better value for the same price.

Can bring in gaz if i go macmillian to rookie, kennedy to gaz.
Will wait and see.
Thoughts, criticism... cheers

I'm pretty enraged by this crap NZ start in the final of the cricket, put a fair bit of money on them before the tournament started.

Your fault for betting against Australia. Honestly reckon Clarke only retired to get every pumped up though.

Your fault for betting against Australia. Honestly reckon Clarke only retired to get every pumped up though.
Yeh don't care about Australia winning or not, I follow the Windies, just want some cash. Decent partnership here though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back