Teams SC 2015 - My Team (Prior to NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First crack, any thoughts or suggestions on other rookies worth looking at? Obviously NAB cup will help.

View attachment 101659
I like your structure and think you're on the right track, same as MM and a little Meh about Motlop, Hodge and Fisher. Lewis is interesting, had his best season by far last season with a real purple patch late in the season. Worry is that he's only broken 100 once and is a mid only so if you think he'll add another 5-10 ppt than go for it.

BACKLINE:
B. Smith - J. Newnes - B. Waters
B. Whitecross - J. Lever - D. McKenzie
[N. Brown - B. Maynard]

MIDFIELD:
G. Ablett - S. Pendlebury - J. Selwood - A. Treloar
J. Steven - B. Acres - C. Petracca - N. Van Berlo
[A. Morabito - N. Freeman - T. Dumont]

RUCK:
M. Leuenberger - M. Kruezer
[P. Wright]

FORWARD:
R. Gray - B. Goddard - D. Martin
D. Swan - T. Mitchell - T. Membrey
[D. Markworth - R. McKenzie]

A few points.

#1: Majority of rookies are placeholders.
#2: Cheap backline because year after year the within the top 10 defenders, a lot of them are unexpected and you're safer picking the premium defenders once they've emerged, especially this year with a lot of the m/d's only now mids.
#3: Swan and Steven good value. Not sure if Tom Mitchell will get enough games.
#4: Rookie defenders especially are tough, heaps of changes made after NAB cup and once we have rd1 teams.

BACKLINE:
[N. Brown - B. Maynard]

MIDFIELD:

RUCK:
[P. Wright]

FORWARD:

A few points.

#2: Cheap backline because year after year the within the top 10 defenders, a lot of them are unexpected and you're safer picking the premium defenders once they've emerged, especially this year with a lot of the m/d's only now mids.
#4: Rookie defenders especially are tough, heaps of changes made after NAB cup and once we have rd1 teams.

Bito trac wcross and lever no chance of rd1

BACKLINE:
[N. Brown - B. Maynard]

MIDFIELD:

RUCK:
[P. Wright]

FORWARD:

A few points.

Pwright in rucks = no no no no no no

This is draft #1

DEF: B Smith, Hodge, Ibbotson, Waters, Whitecross, Goddard (Karpany, DVR)
MID: Gazza, Fyfe, Beams, Cotchin, Griffen, Petracca, Heeney, Boekhorst (Cokatoo, ANB, Lavarde)
RUC: NicNat, Luey (Durdin)
FWD: Gray, Goddard, Dusty, Mitchell, Sylvia, Membery (Daniel, Markworth)

$134k leftover. Think its pretty good straight off the bat. Obviously rookies TBA

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks mate.

Scooter is one of my favourite players and I had him in his gun year, so I'm hoping he'll recapture that. Clark is a placeholder for the moment but will probably stay in there if he's lining up in Round 1. I have about $15k left.
You obviously don't go to the West Coast forum very often, apart from Priddis, Scooter is the 2nd coming of Satin. (FWIW - I rate him too)

2nd Draft:

Backs:
B. Smith, H. Shaw, M. Johnson
Z. Jones, D. Moore, N. Brown
(M. Scharenberg, H. Goddard)

Midfield:
G. Ablett, S. Pendlebury, N. Fyfe, L. Parker
B. Crouch, B. Acres, S. Biggs, I. Heeney
(L. Duggan, J. Anderson, N. Freeman)

Rucks:
N. Naitanui, M. Kreuzer
(M. Cox)

Forwards:
B. Deledio, L. Franklin, D. Swan
T. Mitchell, T. Membrey, M. Clark
(C. Petracca, J. Hogan)

$18.5k remaining

2nd Draft:

Backs:

Midfield:

Rucks:
N. Naitanui, M. Kreuzer
(M. Cox)

Forwards:
(C. Petracca, J. Hogan)

$18.5k remaining

M Johnson ftom freo injured still.
talk he wont be ready rd1 on the freo board.

Love the mids

Has WhiteX had a setback?

Not that I'm aware of
reading hawks board they believe
managed big time early..eg sub when eventually selected
minutes in vfl initially
and is he best 22?
Frawley will come in so thats two have to be dropped if wcross gets a game.
Orourke jed ando and others all knocking for games as well

BACKLINE:
[N. Brown - B. Maynard]

MIDFIELD:

RUCK:
[P. Wright]

FORWARD:

A few points.

I'd go Simpson as sole premo def rather than Smith, even though I rate Smith.

2 injury prone rucks with no R/F DPP- either bring in a durable premo (Goldy/Minson?) or set up a DPP with fwds for cover.

Not that I'm aware of
reading hawks board they believe
managed big time early..eg sub when eventually selected
minutes in vfl initially
and is he best 22?
Frawley will come in so thats two have to be dropped if wcross gets a game.
Orourke jed ando and others all knocking for games as well
All true. There hasn't been much press coming out of Hawthorn regarding Whitey. One of the only times he's been mentioned by Hawthorn preseason media is that he'll likely begin the season through the VFL.

Now NAB cup may change that or it could all just be a bit of smoke and mirrors and/or not adding any external pressure to Whitey's return.

Certainly wouldn't be planning my backline around Swiss being a certain starter.

2nd Draft:

Backs:

Midfield:

Rucks:
N. Naitanui, M. Kreuzer
(M. Cox)

Forwards:
(C. Petracca, J. Hogan)

$18.5k remaining

I like that team a lot. Darcy Moore is KPP so not a good option you'd think. I think Acres will be handy and so will Biggs but really, a lot of money in those two for the same return as a $120k player.

Petracca isn't worth the money. will be good but is 1st year player and by all accounts, has no tank so will be getting the vest regularly you'd think.

Membrey is one to watch. Hard to see him getting reasonable SC scores.

Scharenberg is a long way away apparently.

2 injury prone rucks with no R/F DPP- either bring in a durable premo (Goldy/Minson?) or set up a DPP with fwds for cover.

Better to go with a durable premo than have ruck cover. Not convinced on Ryder (yet). TBC isn't going to surprise anyone, and not sure how much increase you will see from Lycett if NicNat is back at full strength.

Why Simpson over Smith? I'd argue the contrary. Simpson you'll get a 95 avg - boring safe pick & throws in the odd stinker so you could probably pick him up cheaper. Smith, if moving into the midfield, could average 100+.

Why Simpson over Smith? I'd argue the contrary. Simpson you'll get a 95 avg - boring safe pick & throws in the odd stinker so you could probably pick him up cheaper. Smith, if moving into the midfield, could average 100+.

True,

my point being that with an un-tried Defence, you really need an 'anchor' at D1 - Simpson.

Smith could well go 100+, but could also go 85-90 as well.

FWIW I currently have Simpson & Smith at D1/2.

Smith is still a chance to be running off half back, should improve, but i'm not banking on him spending a lot of time in the midfield.

He is currently in my side over Simpson, purely on the fact that whilst Simpson is just as likely to go under 40 as he is to go over 140. You dont know what your getting week in week out.

I've been through enough pain, and even though Smith also had some off weeks, at least he is a player on the rise, where as Simpson is pretty much maxed out.

I've got Smith at the moment, but like the rookies my backline wont be settled until after the NAB cup and we get a better glimpse of some of the options. Smith, Shaw, Hibberd are my picks for the top guys, with Newnes (depending on whether Gilbert gets and game) and walker (if he plays in the back line) to be up there as well.

Version 4
214k left over

DEF: H.Shaw, K.Simpson, M.Hibberd, B.Waters, D.Viojo-Rainbow, J.Hamling (N.Newman, M.Dick)
MID: G.Ablett, S.Pendlebury, T.Liberatore, Dangerfield, J.Steven, B.Acres, I.D.O.Heeney, N.Freeman (C.Blakely, J.Jansen/T.Dumont, J.Steele)
RUC: W.Minson, N.Naitanui (M.Cox)
FWD: B.Deledio, B.Goddard, D.Martin, T.Mitchell, T.Membrey, C.Daniel (J.Hogan, P.Karnezis)

Suggestions welcome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back