Teams SC 2015 - My Team (Prior to NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Done off a spreadsheet so I might have missed some good pickups in the list of names. Any advice would be appreciated :)

Defenders:
Malceski, Shaw, Birchall
Jones, Waters, Moore
(Goddard, Scharenberg)

Midfield:
Rockliff, Fyfe, Parker, Heppell
Wines, van Berlo, Acres, Heeney
(Petracca, Brayshaw, Freeman)

Rucks:
Naitanui, Krezuer
(Nankervis)

Forward:
Franklin, Swan, Bontempelli
Mitchell, Clark, Hogan
(Membrey, Daniel)

Done off a spreadsheet so I might have missed some good pickups in the list of names. Any advice would be appreciated :)

Defenders:
Malceski, Shaw, Birchall
Jones, Waters, Moore
(Goddard, Scharenberg)

Midfield:
Rockliff, Fyfe, Parker, Heppell
Wines, van Berlo, Acres, Heeney
(Petracca, Brayshaw, Freeman)

Rucks:
Naitanui, Krezuer
(Nankervis)

Forward:
Franklin, Swan, Bontempelli
Mitchell, Clark, Hogan
(Membrey, Daniel)

Too much money on your Mid bench

Too much money on your Mid bench

Agreed. Its too far out to know who of the really cheap guys are likely to play though so I just put the high draft picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please Jiska, cut the BS. You've stated on a number of occasions on here and via PM that you don't rate SP as a player, SC withstanding.
Actually I've said the reverse, on a number of occasions. I do rate him as a player, very very highly, and I'd love him at Melbourne. I just don't rate him when it comes to SC.

:thumbsu:

Edit: Here's what I actually said twelve months ago

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/posts/31748431/
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2014-sc-midfielders.1046429/page-47#post-33376176

Strong team.

I think Eski and Gray are at the top end of their price range so you're buying at the worst time. Possibly consider them as upgrade targets. Especially Eski who might be a bit of an unknown in a new team.

From my pov, you have 3 mid priced gambles there. Burgoyne, Motlop and Christensen. Burgoyne I can see maintaining or improving slightly. I think the other two are a fair role of the dice and I'm not convinced. Christensen especially in what will be a talent laden midfield. Motlop will also be up and down playing that small fwd role. Unless you're sure he'll get plenty of mid time, could be a disaster.
Im not set on any of them atm and they've all been in and out of the team but I've got a feeling motlop will get a lot more now that christensen and varcoe have both gone. geelong really need that running mid atm.

Eski may have to go but I don't see why Gray can't improve on last season, that was the first year in god knows how long that he's had a decent run at the game with a full preseason and uninterrupted home and away campaign so I think he still has a bit of upside.

I really really like that team. A lot.

Can't say I'd be having Petrecca, but rookies are place holders at this stage.

Motlop/Christensen are risks, particularly the former. What makes you think they'll increase averages by 10-20??
Motlop is more likely to IMO as christensen and varcoe have just left and Nakia Cockatoo isn't ready yet so he'll be their running outside mid (hopefully).
Christensen I'm less set on but I have a feeling that his 4 year apprenticeship at Geelong will let him really let loose at Brissy. A little more gametime and responsibility will do no harm to his SC scores IMO.

Just wanted to get peoples thoughts on my team. I'm hoping that this team can make some money I still have $189,000 in the kitty. Whaddaya think?View attachment 101329
Its a very... unique team, but it lacks both scoring potential and money making ability, you really need to get some cheap rookies that you think can score similar or slightly less than a lot of your 350-450k players and then upgrade the rest to premiums. The only reason to pick players in the awkward price range is if you have a damn good reason to think they will drastically increase their scoring output. I dont really think many if any of the ones you've picked in this range will unfortunately. If you really want to stick with this risky as hell strategy then look for players at a new club, coming back from an injury or in line to take a retirees place and as a general rule make sure they're not kpp, typically not the greatest sc scorers

Please Jiska, cut the BS. You've stated on a number of occasions on here and via PM that you don't rate SP as a player, SC withstanding.
Neither do I fwiw, when Judd started to decline Murphy was supposed to take his place as one of the best players in the comp and he didn't. Simple as that, also I'd rate Nathan Jones ahead of Murphy and at Carlton he would be a better player than Murphy. You forget how much playing for Melbourne can cripple a player ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back