Teams SC 2015 - My Team (Prior to NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Wingard/Wines IF Wingard plays MID.

It will also depend on how many good MID rookies emerge. Given we have an extra MID bench player though I think we can put more firepower into the MID from the start.

Like most choices we are left with, your gonna have to wait until the NAB cup to get an idea of players roles.

M to Olly has merit
Rohan - OMFG not unless someone holds a samurai sword to my nutz
Ivan to Nicnat - had that but have settled on a no Nutnut ruck for the moment
Blease does give me mid fwd dpp which i am after and I think he'll get good game time, no idea of his SC scoring ability but it is certainly worth looking at

Cheers
for the feedback
I like the Docherty pick thinking he will go 88-92 plus.
Also think the Chad will bump up hes av to 90 plus alot of value at hes price.
Blease he could be a good fit at the cats unsure on Sc scoring tho.

View attachment 104008

Any ideas how i can get some cash to turn Karnezis into the CHAD.

And my rucks are not being downgraded to either of the fragile twins (Kreuzer or Looney)
The structure worries me a little. 14 rookie priced players seems 1 too many to me and having more than 1 on field rookie priced defender and forward isn't ideal.

I see the solution as a simple one, but I'm sure many people will disagree strongly. Downgrade Ablett to a midfield rookie. That will give you the cash to upgrade Karnezis to Wingard and upgrade a rookie defender to a premium.

I know it's considered by many to be sacrilege to even consider starting without Ablett, but there's a decent argument not to have him this year. In the second half of 2013 his scoring fell away significantly after the bye, (116 ave), as a long season wore down his ageing body. After an off season to recover he bounced back to his best last year before suffering the injury that ended his season. That injury wasn't age related, but it meant that his price this year is based on his very best scores and the chances of him coming back in that form after such a serious injury are remote. Put simply, he's terrible value.

The structure worries me a little. 14 rookie priced players seems 1 too many to me and having more than 1 on field rookie priced defender and forward isn't ideal.

I see the solution as a simple one, but I'm sure many people will disagree strongly. Downgrade Ablett to a midfield rookie. That will give you the cash to upgrade Karnezis to Wingard and upgrade a rookie defender to a premium.

I know it's considered by many to be sacrilege to even consider starting without Ablett, but there's a decent argument not to have him this year. In the second half of 2013 his scoring fell away significantly after the bye, (116 ave), as a long season wore down his ageing body. After an off season to recover he bounced back to his best last year before suffering the injury that ended his season. That injury wasn't age related, but it meant that his price this year is based on his very best scores and the chances of him coming back in that form after such a serious injury are remote. Put simply, he's terrible value.

Disagree, any less than 14 rookies means your running with 6 mid priced players.

The guns and rookie strategy is still well and truley the favoured option. This year it takes a hit because of the backline, but having rookies is your best chance of making money. Rookies that play will make you money, mid pricers have to also improve which is the risk to the reward.

And picking rookies in the backs and forwards is just as likely to produce cash cows than the midfield. Last year half of the rookies that averaged above 65 weren't mids. Plenty of value going around outside of the midfield.

Disagree, any less than 14 rookies means your running with 6 mid priced players.

The guns and rookie strategy is still well and truley the favoured option. This year it takes a hit because of the backline, but having rookies is your best chance of making money. Rookies that play will make you money, mid pricers have to also improve which is the risk to the reward.

And picking rookies in the backs and forwards is just as likely to produce cash cows than the midfield. Last year half of the rookies that averaged above 65 weren't mids. Plenty of value going around outside of the midfield.
My current team has 13 rookies and just 4 mid priced players, but I agree with most of what you say. The highlighted line is the key though. There's nothing wrong with a mid priced player as long it's the right one. Too often people throw in a mid pricer because he's priced at 50 and could score 70. That's a sure path to failure. As for rookies, historically finding Back and Forward rookies who play and score well has been much more difficult than finding suitable Midfield rookies and that problem is multiplied when you're looking for a rookie to downgrade to. Finding one outside the midfield who is on the bubble at the right time can be impossible. It was a nightmare up forward last year. That's why I prefer midfield rookies.

Saying that Ablett struggled after the bye is nonsense. Yes 116 average after the bye IF you include the game he was injured. 137.3 average after the bye if you take out that game, which BTW is higher than his season average of 136.7

Rd9 184
Rd10 75
Rd11 130
Rd12 149
Rd13 106
Rd14 160
Rd15 157
Rd16 61 (inj)

Saying that Ablett struggled after the bye is nonsense. Yes 116 average after the bye IF you include the game he was injured. 137.3 average after the bye if you take out that game, which BTW is higher than his season average of 136.7

Rd9 184
Rd10 75
Rd11 130
Rd12 149
Rd13 106
Rd14 160
Rd15 157
Rd16 61 (inj)
Those are his 2014 figures Gingy. If you look at my post again you'll see I was talking about his scores POST bye in 2013.

Those are his 2014 figures Gingy. If you look at my post again you'll see I was talking about his scores POST bye in 2013.

I stand corrected. However you mentioned his "aging body" wouldn't his post-bye 2014 record better reflect the effects of his "aging body" in post MBR games, since he was a year older than in 2013?

My Supercoach team please rate.
I have $88k left over and I know Petracca is expensive but if he's in the midfield I can see him getting some big scores.
Whitecross is a concern but will wait and see if a rookie can slip in. I wish Drummond was a defender because he may get the spot for the tigers running through the back line.

Also thinking of swapping Bennell with Lecras for POD plus another $30K in the bank.
Screen Shot 2015-01-20 at 4.36.24 pm.png

You're still only looking at the middle third of the season though, from MBR to injury.

He scored 157 & 160 in the 2 games just before his injury. (Rd15 & Rd16) He wasn't slowing down. In fact he was on fire just before he went down. Injury was not due to age, strength or anything other than bad luck. There is absolutely no reason that he would have tailed off from arguably his best season of his career before the injury. The back 1/2 of 2013 is meaningless, unless he tailed off during more than 1 previous (recent) season.

I have $88k left over and I know Petracca is expensive but if he's in the midfield I can see him getting some big scores.
Whitecross is a concern but will wait and see if a rookie can slip in. I wish Drummond was a defender because he may get the spot for the tigers running through the back line.

Also thinking of swapping Bennell with Lecras for POD plus another $30K in the bank.
View attachment 104066

Its different
too many $$$ spent on rookies imho

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 104066

I wouldn't go anywhere near Gilbert & Smedtz. Terrible picks. In fact 5 of your 6 Defs all coming back from injury. Way too many risks. Smedtz isn't even best 25 at Geelong.

JOR I'd want to know that he is selected for Rd1 & not sub before I'd fork out 200k for. He'll be lucky to break into that side let alone play enough games & minutes to make cash.

View attachment 104066

Backline is a mess. You have 4 mid priced player coming back from injury in Waters, Ibbotson, Henderson and Gilbert. Smedts who is not in our best 22 yet and WhiteX who is going to be starting the season in the VFL.

Trade WhiteX and Smedts for rookies, downgrade one of your 600K mids and swap out Bennell (who is injury prone) to someone like Swan, Chad Wingard or Tom Mitchell, and use the money to upgrade Ibbotson, Gilbert and Henderson. even keep one if you really want too, Ibbotson being the preferred choice, but you cant run with that backline, you will be lucky to get 22 games out of all your backline combined.

View attachment 104066
Too many guys who likely won't be playing early on.
Smedts, Gilbert, Whitecross and O'Rourke may all struggle to play early in my opinion. You seem to like Drummond, and probably know more than me about your Tigers, but I just don't see it.
Smedts may be the most likely out of the 5, and given what Gingy has said above, that's probably not a good sign.
Gilbert has had further injury concerns over summer. St Kilda will likely be ultra-conervative given his recent history.
With the 2 Hawks, ask yourself this question. Who out of Hawthorn's GF side won't play in order for them to come in??? Probably others in the queue ahead of them as well.
In SC world, these guys playing would be most helpful. In the real world, probably not likely.

Thanks for your input guys.
O'Rourke I feel will play 22 games. Has good size Hawks paid a pretty penny to get him across and from all reports is training really well.
H.Bennell I will look at but I'm not liking Swan, Mitchell, or Wingard as replacements. Swan could very well be done, Mitchell can't get games and Wingard is playing much less midfield time.

The defence I will work on but I'm just not liking paying big$ as there is no high scorers to chose from. Im thinking there will be some surprise packets to jump on in the earlier rounds. Hopefully some will reveal themselves during pre season.

MightyMark Is Jed Bews a chance to break into the Cats side?

O'Rourke I feel will play 22 games. Has good size Hawks paid a pretty penny to get him across and from all reports is training really well.
H.Bennell I will look at but I'm not liking Swan, Mitchell, or Wingard as replacements. Swan could very well be done, Mitchell can't get games and Wingard is playing much less midfield time.

The defence I will work on but I'm just not liking paying big$ as there is no high scorers to chose from. Im thinking there will be some surprise packets to jump on in the earlier rounds. Hopefully some will reveal themselves during pre season.

There is more chance of pies winning the flag than Orourke playing 22 games. Which is ZERO .
And hawks paid bugger all

More so than Smedts imo. There will be a few kids rotating through our defense this year. You will get much the same scores come from some of the rookies, save 100K and grab a rookie.

More so than Smedts imo. There will be a few kids rotating through our defense this year. You will get much the same scores come from some of the rookies, save 100K and grab a rookie.
Thanks. Looks will have to wait for to unearth themselves.

Cool.
he was pick 2 or something so they basically stole him
Which is why I think he could slot straight in. No doubt he will be a wait and see if he's named round 1.
He was pick 2 in his draft year and had 24 months in the system and could be ready to explode.

Which is why I think he could slot straight in. No doubt he will be a wait and see if he's named round 1.
He was pick 2 in his draft year and had 24 months in the system and could be ready to explode.

For jim to slot straight in someone has to go and there is a list in front of JoR.
i rate the kid highly but this is hawthorn snd they are simply awesome atm

Good points but alas i want it all.

Fasolo is one of the pies best user of the ball, is currently not injured so I'm happy to roll the dice on him (my defender current thinking is, must make money, not go backwards in $$$ which i think the majority of the top guys will do) Waters according to the West Coast board is training well. There are other options around the 360K range I'd consider instead of Fasolo.
Looney - I rate Stef martin highly and can see him getting equal ruck time (he was awesome last season and there is no reason he wont be good again) Looney could very well be nursed early, regular time forward, last thing i want is a slow mooing underscoring R1
Kreuzer - If MM plays Spudnock or Wood as well as kreuzer then I have the same issue, Kreuzer will be a slow mooing fwd come ruck (but if played as a solo ruck I'd pick him for sure
Doggies have Minson as Ruck with Libba as a back up
Tigers have Maric with Megan Gale as a back up

I really like solo rucks (hence why Goldy and Mummy are appealing but Goldy is too pricey for me and Mummy is a bloody risk)

I think jack Steven will average 105+ so he stays.

Hmmmm where to find some cash

Cheers for the feedback!
Doubt Minson will be purely solo this season, I was of the belief that Campbell is in Footscray's 22 and will chop out Minson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back