Teams SC 2015 - My Team (Prior to NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stand corrected. However you mentioned his "aging body" wouldn't his post-bye 2014 record better reflect the effects of his "aging body" in post MBR games, since he was a year older than in 2013?
It would have been a much better indication if not for two things. The first being that his bye was 5 rounds earlier in 2014 than in 2013 meaning the post bye games he played in 2014 were mid season games when he was still relatively fresh, and the second being that his injury ended his season causing him to miss the last 7 games of the season when the effects would have been most telling.

Who likes my no risk approach?

B: Smith, Shaw, Newnes, Waters, Lever, Dick (Hamling, Edwards)
M: Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, Ward, Dangerfield, Anderson, Heeney, Freeman (Amon, Ellis-Yolman, Lambert)
R: Maric, Natanui (Read)
F: Deledio, Bartel, Goddard, Swan, Clark, Hogan (Steele, Daniel)

$24k remaining

14 keepers with 15 if Waters stays alive. If back rookies are low ill trade down one of my forward premos to Mitchell and upgrade a back rookie to a mid pricer. Easy peazy lemon squeezey!

Very good side. Just cross your fingers that there will be 2 el cheapo Def rookies to do a Langford & Langdon this year.
People always stress but someone always crawls out of the woodwork. Hamling as a third tall at the dogs and Dick at the blues look like two players who could come in and play a role having been singled out by their clubs over the trade period. I also think Lever might squeeze in to Adelaides team as well depending on the roles of Henderson, Otten, Smith..

B: Brown, Talia, Lever
HB: Jaensch, Cheney/Otten, Henderson

Maybe im just being optimistic :p

People always stress but someone always crawls out of the woodwork. Hamling as a third tall at the dogs and Dick at the blues look like two players who could come in and play a role having been singled out by their clubs over the trade period. I also think Lever might squeeze in to Adelaides team as well depending on the roles of Henderson, Otten, Smith..

B: Brown, Talia, Lever
HB: Jaensch, Cheney/Otten, Henderson

Maybe im just being optimistic :p

Dick would have to show a bit of hardness...rise to the occasion during NAB Cup to break in

Perfect apart from maybe petracca and most definitely johnson as rookies but they arent locked in yet.
Midfield and forward line will be smashed come round 12
Kennedy may still turn into Sloane
Swan may still turn into Wingard

Cool.
he was pick 2 or something so they basically stole him

Which is why I think he could slot straight in. No doubt he will be a wait and see if he's named round 1.
He was pick 2 in his draft year and had 24 months in the system and could be ready to explode.

Didn't steal him. they got done. It was the only trade GWS won this year.

Who likes my no risk approach?

B: Smith, Shaw, Newnes, Waters, Lever, Dick (Hamling, Edwards)
M: Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, Ward, Dangerfield, Anderson, Heeney, Freeman (Amon, Ellis-Yolman, Lambert)
R: Maric, Natanui (Read)
F: Deledio, Bartel, Goddard, Swan, Clark, Hogan (Steele, Daniel)

$24k remaining

14 keepers with 15 if Waters stays alive. If back rookies are low ill trade down one of my forward premos to Mitchell and upgrade a back rookie to a mid pricer. Easy peazy lemon squeezey!

Handy team. Everyone seems to be ignoring jimmy but is happy to jump on other players of a similar age. Strange.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The structure worries me a little. 14 rookie priced players seems 1 too many to me and having more than 1 on field rookie priced defender and forward isn't ideal.

I see the solution as a simple one, but I'm sure many people will disagree strongly. Downgrade Ablett to a midfield rookie. That will give you the cash to upgrade Karnezis to Wingard and upgrade a rookie defender to a premium.

I know it's considered by many to be sacrilege to even consider starting without Ablett, but there's a decent argument not to have him this year. In the second half of 2013 his scoring fell away significantly after the bye, (116 ave), as a long season wore down his ageing body. After an off season to recover he bounced back to his best last year before suffering the injury that ended his season. That injury wasn't age related, but it meant that his price this year is based on his very best scores and the chances of him coming back in that form after such a serious injury are remote. Put simply, he's terrible value.
Sorry hoddo you lost me at downgrade Ablett.

toxic I like your Lids>Pooh & Fas>Hibberd suggestion. Gotta alot of love for the Pooh bear. He's going to go BANG! Great value. See you put Goddard in too. Nice.

Last edited:
Sorry hoddo you lost me at downgrade Ablett.

toxic I like your Lids>Pooh & Fas>Hibberd suggestion. Gotta alot of love for the Pooh bear. He's going to go BANG! Great value. See you put Goddard in too. Nice.
Who is pooh?

Thanks for your input guys.
O'Rourke I feel will play 22 games. Has good size Hawks paid a pretty penny to get him across and from all reports is training really well.
H.Bennell I will look at but I'm not liking Swan, Mitchell, or Wingard as replacements. Swan could very well be done, Mitchell can't get games and Wingard is playing much less midfield time.

The defence I will work on but I'm just not liking paying big$ as there is no high scorers to chose from. Im thinking there will be some surprise packets to jump on in the earlier rounds. Hopefully some will reveal themselves during pre season.

MightyMark Is Jed Bews a chance to break into the Cats side?
You've been getting plenty of feedback about O'Rourke, and just to add my 2 cents, again, which probably adds up to 4 cents...
O'Rourke couldn't get a regular game at GWS, but he is going to play 22 games at Hawthorn??? I think not. The slows on O'Rourke are that he perhaps doesn't work hard enough yet.
Hawthorn have bought low on O'Rourke. No pressure for him to play right away. I'm guessing they saw him as an opportunity to access an elite, high level draft pick, knowing that they haven't, and likely won't have access to the top end of the draft for some time. Untapped potential, nothing more at this stage.
Just answer yourself the question I posed earlier. If he is going to play regularly, or at all, who's spot does he take?

You've been getting plenty of feedback about O'Rourke, and just to add my 2 cents, again, which probably adds up to 4 cents...
O'Rourke couldn't get a regular game at GWS, but he is going to play 22 games at Hawthorn??? I think not. The slows on O'Rourke are that he perhaps doesn't work hard enough yet.
Hawthorn have bought low on O'Rourke. No pressure for him to play right away. I'm guessing they saw him as an opportunity to access an elite, high level draft pick, knowing that they haven't, and likely won't have access to the top end of the draft for some time. Untapped potential, nothing more at this stage.
Just answer yourself the question I posed earlier. If he is going to play regularly, or at all, who's spot does he take?
Thoughts on Woodward? he looked good in the VFL granny.
pity hes not rookie priced shites me they put these guys prices up even tho they only played 1 or 2 games the year before.

Thoughts on Woodward? he looked good in the VFL granny.
pity hes not rookie priced shites me they put these guys prices up even tho they only played 1 or 2 games the year before.
Yeah I know what you mean, I hate it also. Pretty sure it used to be that they had to play the 3 games for their price to rise. Am I wrong there???
As for Woodward, I certainly think he is pretty close to the mark. Can't really be doing any more than he is. His form is really why they were comfortable enough letting Hallahan go. Trouble is there is not a lot of games on offer for him. He may need an injury or 2 in order to get his chance. Not sure this makes him a great SC selection unfortunately.
He doesn't really have the flexibility to fill other roles in the team either. He's a ball winning mid, a talented one, but the Hawks have lots of those, proven ones.

He's the Richard Tambling of his draft. Much hype. Much bluster. Much talent. Just can't convert that to anything on the footy field.

8 games of AFL is hardly an ideal cross section of data to back up a claim like that.

But I guess this is Big Footy - a home for keyboard warriors to take pot shots at kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back