Teams SC 2015 - My Team (Prior to NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had him last year. Rarely plays 4 quarters, was kind of frustrating to have. He has a good patch and then goes missing for a quarter. Also I don't think his ceiling is very high. A lot of game around 85-105 but none much higher than that. What do you think he will average? I think around 100 tops, so therefore I think there are much better options.

Indeed he pretty much never plays 4 quarters, but to average 100 from 3 quarters of football is bloody top effort. Lots of scores between 85-105 is great consistency, you can't have all of your team scoring between 50-180 week to week (Buddy). His highest scores in 2014 were 148 vs Sydney and 134 vs GWS. In 2013 his highest scores were 150 vs Western Bulldogs, 137 vs GWS and 132 vs Port Adelaide. He also scored 126s vs Sydney and Adelaide and 125 vs Geelong.
To me it seems he can score pretty big against both bottom 4 and top 4 sides. To add to that, he has great durability as he has played between 20-22 games for 5 seasons now and he's only 23 years old.

My prediction is an average between 97-105.

Last edited:
Indeed he pretty much never plays 4 quarters, but to average 100 from 3 quarters of football is bloody top effort. Lots of scores between 85-105 is great consistency, you can't have all of your team scoring between 50-150 (Buddy). His highest scores in 2014 were 148 vs Sydney and 134 vs GWS. In 2013 his highest scores were 150 vs Western Bulldogs, 137 vs GWS and 132 vs Port Adelaide. He also scored 126s vs Sydney and Adelaide and 125 vs Geelong.
To me it seems he can score pretty big against both bottom 4 and top 4 sides. To add to that, he has great durability as he has played between 20-22 games for 5 seasons now and he's only 23 years old.

My prediction is an average between 97-105.

Yeah agree with all that, but I reckon Gray, Goddard, Deledio, Franklin, Bartel, Bennell, Swan and a few others will outscore him this year.

I had him last year. Rarely plays 4 quarters, was kind of frustrating to have. He has a good patch and then goes missing for a quarter. Also I don't think his ceiling is very high. A lot of game around 85-105 but none much higher than that. What do you think he will average? I think around 100 tops, so therefore I think there are much better options.
He could go 105 plus pending on hes tank there is so much talent there.
Guess with the other new SC forwards dusty is collecting dust for the moment.
Any forward that goes 95/100 plus is SC gold imho.

I don't know if you are aware that there is a new SC score of "Hitout to advantage" = 3points" this year. And 0 points for Hitouts this year. I don't think this new rule will help guys like McEvoy who don't get a lot of hitouts as it is, let alone hitouts to advantage.

5 pts I'm pretty sure

Version 5 - 25k left over

For some reason i dont want to kick Libba Jnr out of the team. I might leave the team alone for a few days or until NAB starts.

DEF: Shaw, Simpson, Hibberd, Waters, Mojo Rising, Hamling (Newman, Dick)
MID: GAJ, Pendles, Liberatore, Dangerfield, Stevens, Heeney, Freeman, Neal-Bullen (Blakely, Jansen, Steele)
RUC: NicNat, Minsoy (MCox)
FWDS: Deledio, Goddard, Martin, Swan, Mitchell, Anaesthetist (Hogan, Daniel)

Mojo Rising = Djojo-Rainbow
Anaesthetist = Karnesis

Yeah agree with all that, but I reckon Gray, Goddard, Deledio, Franklin, Bartel, Bennell, Swan and a few others will outscore him this year.

I would have Martin over Bennell and Bartel. Bennell has struggled with injury and I would expect that to continue this year. Bartel may suffer now that CD are modifying the winning play scores. Bartel has a knack for being in the thick of it when the game is on the line, they have change it so instead of being multiplied by 5 it's only multiplied by 3.

Bartel will still score well, but at his age and a potential drop I'd would have Martin over him.

For some reason i dont want to kick Libba Jnr out of the team. I might leave the team alone for a few days or until NAB starts.

MID: GAJ, Pendles, Liberatore, Dangerfield, Stevens, Heeney, Freeman, Neal-Bullen (Blakely, Jansen, Steele)

Anaesthetist = Karnesis

I think your mid field looks weak. GAJ and Pendles, no brainer. But Libba and Danger are both in question at the moment. With potential contract talks as a distraction Danger might not be at his best this year, and with out Griffen Libba may struggle with the tag.

Both will still score well, but the question mark over them is will they be able to match 2014. Danger should, simply because he was in all sorts last year. But having both of them with Steven as your back up I think is a bit of a risk.

Bartel has a knack for being in the thick of it when the game is on the line, they have change it so instead of being multiplied by 5 it's only multiplied by 3.

That's really interesting, source?

Down from 4x to 2x, apparently.

"In 2015, the state of game weighting will be capped at a multiplier of two (previously four), which means that standing up in close games will still be rewarded but wont be as drastic as previous seasons." - AFL Prospectus 2015

That's really interesting, source?

It was a point of discussion on the General Discussion page a couple of days ago. Not sure of the original source though, although a few people stated they had read about it.

Down from 4x to 2x, apparently.

I doubt it will impact any specific players on a regular basis, but if it did, I would say Bartel would be one.

Geelong tend to have their fair share of close games, and he is always front and centre, ultra reliable and cool under pressure, seems to pop up when ever a game is on the line.

Anaesthetist = Karnesis

I had Libba last year. Sucked the big one whenever Griffen was out of the team..... #justsayin

Good team. I personally think Danger is an upgrade target but meh. If you think otherwise, go for it.

How old is Simpson now? I've still got the shits with him for those two big turds he laid in my pants from last year. A 24 and a 37 from memory. Feck you simmo you caaarnt...

I probably won't take Martin or Swan but that doesn't mean jack...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to be hard to justify a player being front and centre, being ultra reliable and cool under pressure, and seeming to pop up whenever a game is on the line as reasons not to pick him. :p

This deserves quoting. :thumbsu:

I think your mid field looks weak. GAJ and Pendles, no brainer. But Libba and Danger are both in question at the moment. With potential contract talks as a distraction Danger might not be at his best this year, and with out Griffen Libba may struggle with the tag.

Both will still score well, but the question mark over them is will they be able to match 2014. Danger should, simply because he was in all sorts last year. But having both of them with Steven as your back up I think is a bit of a risk.
Cheers, I think it may come to picking between Libba or Danger and getting a better M3
Im literally 2k short of going Libba to Beams, damn this game

I had Libba last year. Sucked the big one whenever Griffen was out of the team..... #justsayin

Good team. I personally think Danger is an upgrade target but meh. If you think otherwise, go for it.

How old is Simpson now? I've still got the shits with him for those two big turds he laid in my pants from last year. A 24 and a 37 from memory. Feck you simmo you caaarnt...

I probably won't take Martin or Swan but that doesn't mean jack...

Simpson is a lock for me at this stage.

I could go Libba to Fyfe if I go from D.Swan to .....

Wingard :eek:

so reducing the winning game moments points down how do they spread the scoring out, just chuck on an extra 5 for a contested mark

Assuming they would just lessen the scale. So you wont have to worry about players loosing points at the end of the game.

Have a sneaky that Gray had a career year last year and will drop back touch this year. Way overpriced.
I would almost bet that Dusty takes Lids on head to head...very tight. As others have pointed out, he scores heavily in one half of footy, disappears for s qtr and steps up a little again. I'm really keen to see if he's improved his aerobic capacity, because if so, you'll see much better consistency.
Bartel is an interesting one. If he plays off half back he'll get a lot of ball going thru him. Upgrade target for sure.
When it's all said and done I think Buddy will end up the No1 fwd this year.

View attachment 104571

Changes Out Docherty in Ibbotson
Out Minson in Palm Tree
Out Jack Stevens in Ollie Wines

not sure if i have gained or just shuffled??????

thoughts
Gingy

Bit of a shuffle IMHO, but who knows. I do like the Steven > Wines trade though. I reckon Wines will average 10+ points per game more than Steven this year.

View attachment 104571

Out Minson in Palm Tree

thoughts
Gingy
I definitely prefer the second team FWIW.
Not sold on Docherty's potential. Think Naitanui will score at least on par with Minson, probably with a higher ceiling, and Wines is an upgrade over Steven.
No brainer from where I sit really

View attachment 104571

Out Minson in Palm Tree

thoughts
Gingy

Taking a bit of a risk in the forward line, but if that works out you will be laughing. Good chance for it to happen as well.

See many teams are having 5, up to 6, premium midfielders. Is this too heavy? Where's your growth going to come from? Are there that many forward and defensive rookies that are going to surge in value?

I have 4 gun midfielders, van berlo at M5 then rookies galore. After all isnt it the midfield rookies where all your money is made. Allows me to set and forget rucks and have a nice strong forward line.

See many teams are having 5, up to 6, premium midfielders. Is this too heavy? Where's your growth going to come from? Are there that many forward and defensive rookies that are going to surge in value?

I have 4 gun midfielders, van berlo at M5 then rookies galore. After all isnt it the midfield rookies where all your money is made. Allows me to set and forget rucks and have a nice strong forward line.

5 is probably the sweet spot, but it will all change once we get a view of the rookies during the NAB cup, there is plenty of value in the FWD and DEF rookies this year, but its all guess work and rumors for now.

Everyone will have maybe 5-10 players they are set on, the rest can and will be changed after the NAB cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back