Teams SC 2015 - My Team (Prior to NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much cash left in the bank for team 1? I know rookies are placeholders but it looks like you've gone really stingy re. prices of rookies. Will prob create problems when you need to get in the best rookie prospects. A lot to happen between now and Rd1 though..
Correct. It is stingy. $1600 bank. Would have to make a slight adjustment on a prem to free up cash if needed.

Correct. It is stingy. $1600 bank. Would have to make a slight adjustment on a prem to free up cash if needed.

FWIW I like the look of Team 3 dependent on the NAB form of Pearce. Parker/Danger both good mid options under 600k. Goldy could be #1 Ruck but need to see how new scoring effects thing before paying $574. Not a fan of the Dusty pick but that's just my opinion. Team 1 a close second.

View attachment 104337 View attachment 104338

Fire way lads!

Preseason determines whether I go Wingard v Tich.
Personally I think Danger will have an outstanding year. He's over that back injury and despite the contract year, he's strikes me as someone with lots of pride so he'll play hard and won't be distracted by the media circus....besides I think he already knows what he's doing next year anyway.
I've got the same gut feel for Griffen. I'm trying to get him in here buts it's hard. Injury free, new lease of life with a very good mid support cast, he'll be flying too imo.

This side includes both those guys. Sacrifice is Kruzer and no 5th fed prem, Wingard. Interested to hear thoughts on which team is stronger and why.
View attachment 104342 View attachment 104343

This was another side I had assembled a couple weeks ago that I really like.

View attachment 104346
View attachment 104348

Teams 1,2 or3?
Quite like team 3
FWIW, with everyone telling you to get off dusty, from training reports he's been said to have been head and shoulders above anyone else so far in match practice. Take from that what you will.

Appreciate the input fellas.

I'm a big Dusty fan. He's been a starter for me the past 3 seasons and that will continue. Such potential and a game breaker. If he can get more gas in those lungs, look out.

Injuries being the main one. But you're right the kids clearly no good.
Injuries were only part of the story with O'Rourke. If that was the whole explanation I seriously doubt GWS would have let him walk for such little return.
From what I have heard, even around his draft year, was that he was a natural, gifted athlete and footballer, but that his work rate was a concern. Up until that point, he never really had to work hard because it all came so easy to him as a junior. Many clubs were surprised that they took him so highly in the draft.
I'm with you on keyboard warriors being quick to judge kids though, and from a fellow Hawthorn man, here's hoping the Hawks can turn him around. Always prefer to teach a talented footballer how to work rather than having to teach a worker how to be a talented footballer!

I'd swap heater for smith in team 1, 2,&3 ;)

And I've really gone off dusty for some reason
As much as he has burnt all of us previously at some point, I can see Shaw having a good year this year. The addition of Patfull should ease some of the individual and leadership responsibility that he has had, hopefully allowing him to return to playing like the free wheeling, loose man, cheap kick gathering Heater of old :)

I'm the same unsure why peeps are going off dusty.
Agreed. I thought his game really matured last year and he became more of the game-breaker he was always destined to be. They way they isolate him up forward is great for his scoring potential. He doesn't just rest up there, he becomes a real go to target, particularly late in games. I think the Mark Ricciuto comparison is a great one. Impacts the game wherever he is, which makes him SC gold. May never become a full-time midfielder but don't need him to. Better for us all to have him available as a forward.

Injuries were only part of the story with O'Rourke. If that was the whole explanation I seriously doubt GWS would have let him walk for such little return.
From what I have heard, even around his draft year, was that he was a natural, gifted athlete and footballer, but that his work rate was a concern. Up until that point, he never really had to work hard because it all came so easy to him as a junior. Many clubs were surprised that they took him so highly in the draft.
I'm with you on keyboard warriors being quick to judge kids though, and from a fellow Hawthorn man, here's hoping the Hawks can turn him around. Always prefer to teach a talented footballer how to work rather than having to teach a worker how to be a talented footballer!

Very similar to what I heard which is why I made the comment.

I think because there are 5 stand out fwds ahead of him.

Deledio, Goddard, Swan, Franklin, Gray.

He good be a great POD but it's hard to see him being better than them and unless you want to start a 6 premo fwd line, he's probably the first one to rule a line through. But agree with you, he shouldn't be dismissed. If he can take his game to the next level, then he comes into serious consideration.

Very similar to what I heard which is why I made the comment.
Don't right him off though. Work rate is teachable. Especially in a professional environment around veterans like he'll get at Hawthorn. More difficult at GWS, surrounded by other kids just trying to find their way. Honestly I think GWS are really suffering because of this. So many of their high end draft picks haven't really developed as you might expect. Coniglio, Whitfield, Buntine, Hoskin-Elliot, they're just off the top of my head. They'll likely get there eventually, especially the first 2, but perhaps would have developed faster elsewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay guys, Im hoping to actually do my SC team this year. I would love to get some advice from you boys on how I can improve my team because to be honest, Im a DT bloke so wouldn't have a clue on what players score well but I have put together a side, rip it apart, tear it too shreds.. Please send me in the right direction though :)

D: H.Shaw, Hibberd, Lumumba, R.Henderson, Waters, H.Goddard (S.Edwards, Viojo-:rainbow:)
M: Ablett, Fyfe, JPK, Ward, Greene, Van Berlo, Heeney, Freeman (Stretch, Lambert, Steele)
R: Ryder, Kreuzer (Cox)
F: Deledio, Goddard, D.Smith, Swan, Clark, Hogan (Membrey, C.Daniel)

17k remaining.

He good be a great POD but it's hard to see him being better than them and unless you want to start a 6 premo fwd line, he's probably the first one to rule a line through. But agree with you, he shouldn't be dismissed. If he can take his game to the next level, then he comes into serious consideration.

+ Bartel
Don't know why people dismiss him when Goddard & Swan are in the same age bracket and averaged less than him last year.

Also, I would pick Zorko before Dusty. Averaged 99, but If you take out the game where he was injured (12 SC points) his average from those 20 games is 103.3 which is better than every forwards 2014 record except for Gray & Boomer. Will no doubt be a POD this year.

I'd pick Zorko as the main guy to suffer from Beams and Christensen coming in, especially Christensen.

Okay guys, Im hoping to actually do my SC team this year. I would love to get some advice from you boys on how I can improve my team because to be honest, Im a DT bloke so wouldn't have a clue on what players score well but I have put together a side, rip it apart, tear it too shreds.. Please send me in the right direction though :)

D: H.Shaw, Hibberd, Lumumba, R.Henderson, Waters, H.Goddard (S.Edwards, Viojo-:rainbow:)
M: Ablett, Fyfe, JPK, Ward, Greene, Van Berlo, Heeney, Freeman (Stretch, Lambert, Steele)
R: Ryder, Kreuzer (Cox)
F: Deledio, Goddard, D.Smith, Swan, Clark, Hogan (Membrey, C.Daniel)

17k remaining.

Good side Fitzey. I like the Devon pick. Not sure about Ryder as R1, think there are better options at his price. (Maric & Minson come to mind) also I probably wouldn't pick 2 GWS mid premo's. Would pick 1 of Ward & Greene though. Otherwise can't see why this team wouldn't do well.

I'd pick Zorko as the main guy to suffer from Beams and Christensen coming in, especially Christensen.

I would think Lewy Taylor would be the HFF to suffer most from Bundy coming in. We'll see.

Good side Fitzey. I like the Devon pick. Not sure about Ryder as R1, think there are better options at his price. (Maric & Minson come to mind) also I probably wouldn't pick 2 GWS mid premo's. Would pick 1 of Ward & Greene though. Otherwise can't see why this team wouldn't do well.
Okay I will fix Ryder up. Was just trying to find a Unique option, just checked and 1.4% own Maric on DTLive...

Thoughts on McEvoy?

Okay I will fix Ryder up. Was just trying to find a Unique option, just checked and 1.4% own Maric on DTLive...

Thoughts on McEvoy?

I don't know if you are aware that there is a new SC score of "Hitout to advantage" = 3points" this year. And 0 points for Hitouts this year. I don't think this new rule will help guys like McEvoy who don't get a lot of hitouts as it is, let alone hitouts to advantage.

I don't know if you are aware that there is a new SC score of "Hitout to advantage" = 3points" this year. And 0 points for Hitouts this year. I don't think this new rule will help guys like McEvoy who don't get a lot of hitouts as it is, let alone hitouts to advantage.
Thanks mate! Maric it is. :)

Agree with this, but would take Gray out if picking them as starters. Think he'll cop a bit more attention that the other blokes and in turn is likely to drop his price by more. was never able to get his price past 572K last year and was amazing most of the season.

I had him last year. Rarely plays 4 quarters, was kind of frustrating to have. He has a good patch and then goes missing for a quarter. Also I don't think his ceiling is very high. A lot of game around 85-105 but none much higher than that. What do you think he will average? I think around 100 tops, so therefore I think there are much better options.

As much as he has burnt all of us previously at some point, I can see Shaw having a good year this year. The addition of Patfull should ease some of the individual and leadership responsibility that he has had, hopefully allowing him to return to playing like the free wheeling, loose man, cheap kick gathering Heater of old :)

He may be one to suffer from the new CD rule that awards less points for game-winning goals etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back