Teams SC 2015 - My Team (Prior to NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Version 4
214k left over

DEF: H.Shaw, K.Simpson, M.Hibberd, B.Waters, D.Viojo-Rainbow, J.Hamling (N.Newman, M.Dick)
MID: G.Ablett, S.Pendlebury, T.Liberatore, Dangerfield, J.Steven, B.Acres, I.D.O.Heeney, N.Freeman (C.Blakely, J.Jansen/T.Dumont, J.Steele)
RUC: W.Minson, N.Naitanui (M.Cox)
FWD: B.Deledio, B.Goddard, D.Martin, T.Mitchell, T.Membrey, C.Daniel (J.Hogan, P.Karnezis)

Suggestions welcome :)

Looks to be a fairly balanced team.:thumbsu:

I would be cautious with Libba, struggled in games when Griffen was out, so might take a bit of time to find his feet without him this year. Not sold on Mitchell, with a little extra cash you can a lot of players with better chances. He will struggle to find a regular spot in Sydney's midfield.

1st Draft... thoughts?

Backs:

K. Simpson, B. Smith, H. Shaw
B. Waters, Z. Jones, H. Goddard
(D. Viojo-Rainbow, D. Mckenzie)

Midfield:

G. Ablett, J. Selwood, R. Sloane, L. Parker
B. Crouch, N. van Berlo, N. Cockatoo, B. Boekhorst
(I. Heeney, J. Laverde, N. Freeman)

Rucks:

N. Naitanui, M. Kreuzer
(T. Bellchambers)

Forwards:

B. Deledio, B. Goodard, D. Swan
M. Bontempelli, A. Saad, J. Hogan
(C. Daniel, N. Krakouer)

$17.1k remaining

1st Draft... thoughts?

Backs:

Midfield:

Rucks:

N. Naitanui, M. Kreuzer
(T. Bellchambers)

Forwards:

(C. Daniel, N. Krakouer)

$17.1k remaining

Good looking team.

TBC is too expensive to be sitting on your bench as cover, may as well spend the money elsewhere and just burn the trade if Kruze goes down, or just start with someone more reliable to begin with.

If you keep Kruze, you could upgrade van Berlo to Steven or Selwood.

Cockatoo would need to go, but I assume he is just a placeholder.

1st Draft... thoughts?

Backs:

Midfield:

Rucks:

N. Naitanui, M. Kreuzer
(T. Bellchambers)

Forwards:

(C. Daniel, N. Krakouer)

$17.1k remaining

TBC is awful steep to have taking up bench space. Dump Daniel, move TBC forward and slot in Mason Cox in R3 if you're really set on keeping TBC?

I'm curious to see if Patfull whittles down Shaw's points - I might be apt to spend the extra 8k and upgrade to Burgoyne if you're stuck on having 3 back premos.

Anyone else having trouble with the fanplanner? On my mobile and can't seem to get the player listings to build a team???? Never had trouble in previous years....
You'd be better off using one of the Excel documents set up by some SC websites

2nd attempt:

Backs:
S. Burgoyne, B. Smith, C. Shenton
B. Waters, A. Steinberg, J. Lever
(S. Edwards, D. Mckenzie)

Midfield:
S. Pendlebury, N. Fyfe, J. Selwood, T. Tiberatore
B. Deledio, D. Rich, N. van Berlo, R. Atkins

Rucks:
S. Jacobs, M. Kreuzer
(M. Cox)

Forwards:
D. Swan, J. Ziebell, M. Bontempelli
S. Lycett, M. Clark, J. Hogan
(H. Goddard, N. Krakouer)

277.1k (!) left.

Any good ideas where to spend it? Ablett and Rocky off the table, they are upgrade targets when they drop down to 680k around bye time.

2nd attempt:

Backs:

Midfield:
Rucks:
S. Jacobs, M. Kreuzer
(M. Cox)
Forwards:
277.1k (!) left.
Any good ideas where to spend it? Ablett and Rocky off the table, they are upgrade targets when they drop down to 680k around bye time.

Mate, Rd1 is way to early to start tanking. ;)

2nd attempt:

Backs:

Midfield:

Rucks:
S. Jacobs, M. Kreuzer
(M. Cox)

Forwards:

277.1k (!) left.

Shenton is an interesting pick, not sure where he will slot in with Newnes, Webster, Fisher, Roberton and Geary, but at 315k there might be better options, Seedman is probably a better choice for mine as a role has opened up for him.

Ziebell could be frustrating this year, not sure he has the ability to push is average up, and probably wont play a full season anyway.

DEF: K. Simpson, M. Hibberd, G. Birchall, S. Docherty, B. Waters, N. Brown (B. Maynard, D. McKenzie)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, S. Pendlebury, J. Selwood, D. Beams, N. van Berlo, A. Brayshaw, I. Heeney, J. Laverde (T. Dumont, N. Freeman, T. Miller)
RUC: I. Maric, N. Naitanui (M. Cox)
FWD: B. Deledio, B. Goddard, L. Franklin, M. Bontempelli, M. Clark, J. Hogan (C. Daniel, J. Lonie)
CASH LEFT: $15,900

Gone cold on Kruezer/Bellchambers, want to go two premium rucks who I think are underpriced. And I think NicNat and Maric will both go 110+ this year.

Haven't seen Selwood in many teams, which is surprising. Had some monster scores last season.

Thoughts?

DEF: K. Simpson, M. Hibberd, G. Birchall, S. Docherty, B. Waters, N. Brown (B. Maynard, D. McKenzie)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, S. Pendlebury, J. Selwood, D. Beams, N. van Berlo, A. Brayshaw, I. Heeney, J. Laverde (T. Dumont, N. Freeman, T. Miller)
RUC: I. Maric, N. Naitanui (M. Cox)
FWD: B. Deledio, B. Goddard, L. Franklin, M. Bontempelli, M. Clark, J. Hogan (C. Daniel, J. Lonie)
CASH LEFT: $15,900

Gone cold on Kruezer/Bellchambers, want to go two premium rucks who I think are underpriced. And I think NicNat and Maric will both go 110+ this year.

Haven't seen Selwood in many teams, which is surprising. Had some monster scores last season.

Thoughts?

A well balanced team. I like. I'd probably downgrade van Berlo & Brayshaw to cheaper rookies named for Rd1 and use the 200k to either upgrade Docherty to a premo or Brown to a mid pricer.

Shenton is an interesting pick, not sure where he will slot in with Newnes, Webster, Fisher, Roberton and Geary, but at 315k there might be better options, Seedman is probably a better choice for mine as a role has opened up for him.

Ziebell could be frustrating this year, not sure he has the ability to push is average up, and probably wont play a full season anyway.

Those were the two slots I was really conflicted on. Like I said, have 277k to play with, would like to use the Shenton spot to find someone who will turn a profit early on. Ziebell, I just keep thinking he'll finally play up to his promise. He has some brilliant games, but then he turns in turds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A well balanced team. I like. I'd probably downgrade van Berlo & Brayshaw to cheaper rookies named for Rd1 and use the 200k to either upgrade Docherty to a premo or Brown to a mid pricer.
Out: Van Berlo, Docherty
In: Jed Anderson (or a rookie around 150k), Shaw.

Does look a lot better.

Out: Van Berlo, Docherty
In: Jed Anderson (or a rookie around 150k), Shaw.

Does look a lot better.

I think so. Others prefer a 5 premo midfield, but most of the best cash cows are usually in the mids. Look at it this way, you arguably have 14 keepers in your Rd1 team with Shaw in there. Only 8 upgrades required.

Out: Shenton, Jacobs, Ziebell, Rich
In: Everitt, Maric, Hawkins, Wines

Leaves 31.2k, not sure if going in with 6 mid premos is a great idea though.

Bye Structures are going to cause headaches. Of my current team I have the following missing with the bye:
Rd 11 - 5
Rd 12 - 12
Rd 13 - 13

Need to find a few extra from Adel, Rich, Dogs, Lions, Hawks or Carl

This probably rules out starting with Sidebottom & possibly Pendlebury. If M1-4 is Ablett, Pendles, Fyfe, Sidey all 4 will be out Rd 12. (Heeney & Freeman, 2 popular rookies also out Rd.12)

My favoured ruck combo of Goldstein & NicNat could also be an issue with both having the Rd 13 Bye. :drunk:

Last edited:
Out: Shenton, Jacobs, Ziebell, Rich
In: Everitt, Maric, Hawkins, Wines

Leaves 31.2k, not sure if going in with 6 mid premos is a great idea though.

I generally steer clear of KPP, because they tend either score well or not at all. Hawkins is in the catergory.

Even in his AA year, he had a 3 games stretch of 147, 15, 130. You will be pulling your hair.

Also Everitt is a utility and will fill a lot of different roles, so not convinced they he will see much improvement.

If your looking at mid pricers, try and look for players that are coming back from injury, changing roles, or are about to hit there prime. I wouldn't say Everitt fits any of those categories.

Has anybody taken Bye Rounds into account yet while picking a team? I've just changed a few players to get a more balance bye-friendly side. (Rookie placeholders). Thoughts?

B: B. Smith, J. Howe, J. Newnes, B. Waters, J. Hamling, J. Kolo (K. McIntosh, D. McKenzie)
M: G. Ablett, T. Rockliff, N. Fyfe, P. Dangerfield, T. Greene, I. Heeney, N. Freeman, T. Dumont (J. Steele, J. Cowan, B. Boekhorst)
R: W. Minson, N. Naitanui (M. Cox)
F: R. Gray, B. Deledio, L. Franklin, D. Swan, M. Clark, J. Hogan (C. Daniel, A. Saad)

Byes are now as follows: R11 (9 missing), R12 (10 missing), R12 (11 missing).

Also, can anyone remember how many scores are taken into account during bye rounds? I can't remember how many scores count..

I generally steer clear of KPP, because they tend either score well or not at all. Hawkins is in the catergory.

Even in his AA year, he had a 3 games stretch of 147, 15, 130. You will be pulling your hair.

Also Everitt is a utility and will fill a lot of different roles, so not convinced they he will see much improvement.

If your looking at mid pricers, try and look for players that are coming back from injury, changing roles, or are about to hit there prime. I wouldn't say Everitt fits any of those categories.

Yeah, not a huge fan of KPP, but also thinking the upgraded talls around him help out - might lose some of those 140+ scores, but might also help free him up for less under-50 days.

Everitt, well, defense seems like a goat rodeo this year. I slept on him last year, and he definitely showed improvement up until the injury.

Has anybody taken Bye Rounds into account yet while picking a team? I've just changed a few players to get a more balance bye-friendly side. (Rookie placeholders). Thoughts?

B: B. Smith, J. Howe, J. Newnes, B. Waters, J. Hamling, J. Kolo (K. McIntosh, D. McKenzie)
M: G. Ablett, T. Rockliff, N. Fyfe, P. Dangerfield, T. Greene, I. Heeney, N. Freeman, T. Dumont (J. Steele, J. Cowan, B. Boekhorst)
R: W. Minson, N. Naitanui (M. Cox)
F: R. Gray, B. Deledio, L. Franklin, D. Swan, M. Clark, J. Hogan (C. Daniel, A. Saad)

Byes are now as follows: R11 (9 missing), R12 (10 missing), R12 (11 missing).

Also, can anyone remember how many scores are taken into account during bye rounds? I can't remember how many scores count..

It was best 18, wasn't it?

And yeah, just thought about bye week issues. So definitely will need to revisit planning.

Also, good team. How much money left?

I usually think about the byes during the season, as SC never goes to plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back