Teams SC 2015 - My Team (Prior to NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My reasons for selecting him was that I think he is safer than most value picks. I think he's a pretty good chance of delivering a 105-110 average. He is also a Round 13 bye which helps with so much high end mid talent having a rest in round 12. I think worst case if he doesn't end up a M8 keeper I wouldn't be too upset if I had to offload him in Round 13 as a bridge to a better premium mid or top end forward with a bit of DPP shuffling and a small profit thrown in for my trouble.

If by Round 13 you are in a position of contemplating upgrading Swallow I can assure you he will not have made you any money. If he averages 105-110 he will not be a Top 10 Mid and he will not be more than $600k. Not enough upside for a $500k starting price IMO.

DEF: Smith, Hibberd, Shaw, Waters, D Mckenzie, Rainbow (Fuller, Maynard)
MID: GAJ, Pendles, JPK, Sloane, Steven, Neal-Bullen, Heeney, Freeman (Blakely, Boekhurst, Anderson)
RUC: NicNat, Kreuzer (Nankervis)
FWD: Franklin, Deledio, Goddard, Swan, T Mitchell, Clark (Steele, Daniel)

Trying to upgrade Steven to someone like Greene/Watson/Parker but struggling to find the cash
Also everyones thoughts on Brandon Jack, is he someone worth paying an extra 30k for as a rookie fwd?

Out of interest, what average would represent sufficient upside for a $500k mid?

Sufficient to start with a 500k mid?
Eg ryen griffan (note spelling all you grammar nazis)
For me he needs to be a potential keeper, so 110+ as the bare minimum. But more importantly he needs to make money early not go backwards early then improve

Please find attached copy of my super coach team for your perusal.

103k leftover

image.jpg

I'm hoping Montagna and Zaharakis jump out of the blocks and make some cash for me to offload at the bye's. Since both of them were pretty decent for the first 10 rounds or so last year. And they're quite professional so they should run some hard yards at preseason

I reckon Trent West will jump up atleast 100k with the solid midfield that the lions will have this year and it seems the safer option instead of Luenburger. Also Tex Walker might be a bit of a ball magnet now he has became Captn and with Dangerfield injury free those two look deadly.

I've had to put Garlett in since M. Clarke done/injured he's calf. IMO I think it's safe to stay well away from him. But I'm not sold on Garlett (unless he has a good NAB cup).

Also IMHO buddy will light up in the Swans field this year after settling in there.

103k leftover

View attachment 103829

I'm hoping Montagna and Zaharakis jump out of the blocks and make some cash for me to offload at the bye's. Since both of them were pretty decent for the first 10 rounds or so last year. And they're quite professional so they should run some hard yards at preseason

I reckon Trent West will jump up atleast 100k with the solid midfield that the lions will have this year and it seems the safer option instead of Luenburger. Also Tex Walker might be a bit of a ball magnet now he has became Captn and with Dangerfield injury free those two look deadly.

I've had to put Garlett in since M. Clarke done/injured he's calf. IMO I think it's safe to stay well away from him. But I'm not sold on Garlett (unless he has a good NAB cup).

Also IMHO buddy will light up in the Swans field this year after settling in there.

Also I'm hoping T.Lynch steps up another level this year as he was mr consistent in the later half of last year

MID: GAJ, Pendles, JPK, Sloane, Steven, Neal-Bullen, Heeney, Freeman (Blakely, Boekhurst, Anderson)

Trying to upgrade Steven to someone like Greene/Watson/Parker but struggling to find the cash
Also everyones thoughts on Brandon Jack, is he someone worth paying an extra 30k for as a rookie fwd?

Drop heater to docherty or newnes. Drop mitch clark to a lower $$$ rookie.
stevens upgrade then poss

I'd git rid of McKenzie in the backline and Clark fwd. The rest I'm pretty OK with. I'd keep Steven. I think he will be this years Beams.

Good on you for having a crack Bamboozler.

Supercoach rule #1: don't pick key position forwards
Supercoach rule #2: see rule #1.

In order for Montagna and Zaharakis to make more money by the byes than ~$130k rookies averaging 65 they would need to average 130 apiece. They are not priced to generate cash.

Mitch Clark's calf is not expected to trouble him for a round 1 start.

For Trent West to jump at least $100k by the byes he would need to average 95 with Leuenberger and Martin in the team. I can't see him doing this because he's a spud.

Good on you for having a crack Bamboozler.

Supercoach rule #1: don't pick key position forwards
Supercoach rule #2: see rule #1.

In order for Montagna and Zaharakis to make more money by the byes than ~$130k rookies averaging 65 they would need to average 130 apiece. They are not priced to generate cash.

Mitch Clark's calf is not expected to trouble him for a round 1 start.

For Trent West to jump at least $100k by the byes he would need to average 95 with Leuenberger and Martin in the team. I can't see him doing this because he's a spud.

Wrong wrong so very very wrong

Supercoach rule 1..must pick gaj
supercoach rule 2..see rule 1 if in doubt

:D

103k leftover

View attachment 103829

Way too much coin being spent in the back line. Drop 2 of Bews, Waters or Rohan for two outright rookies. Jones is too much cash on the bench if he doesn't get a start rd1.

Midfield is a mess. Zaharakis, Montagna both need to go. If you like to gamble, pick one of Acres and NVB but not both. Aim for 3 starting rookies.

West will be lucky to play.

Tom Lynch & Walker have to go. They might score you 140 rd1 but they'll both bang out regular scores of 40 or 50 for you as well. Horrible SC selections. Garlett I do not hate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of interest, what average would represent sufficient upside for a $500k mid?

If I'm paying $500k for a MID I'd be expecting/hoping that said player would finish the season as a Top 10 MID averaging 110+

The range he stated was 105-110 so quoting 110 takes it out of context a bit. Let's go in the middle of that range and say he averages 107.5 - that's not enough. For the sake of saving 50-100k I'd be more inclined to find that money and start with a Watson/Danger/Ward/Sidey - the first 2 who are proven 115+ players. Swallow however isn't proven in that range.

Last edited:

103k leftover

View attachment 103829

OK dont mind the Harbrow pick, he had a good relationship with Eade when at the doggies, and this could give him a bit of a spark.

Bews is just a high priced rookie, he will not make any more money then a lot of the rookies 80K cheaper, so save your self the cash.

Zaharakis has been on the edge of breaking out for a couple of years, I just dont think it will happen. Heppell is the hier apparent for that midfield, Zaharakis will at best increase by maybe 5-7 points, not enough to justify him a spot in your team.

Also, Zaharakis wasn't good for the first 10 games, he averaged 76.2, so dont bank on him increasing his price early.

Your whole team comes across as someone hoping to pick all the under valued players with potential that fit a certain price range.

Too many risks there, you could log a case for a lot of the players you have, Harbrow, Bews, Rohan, Zaharakis, Montagna, Garlett, Walker and Lynch, but hoping they all produce this year is a bit farcical.

Pick a couple of players your most confident to break out and then find some safer options to fill in the other places. There is no way all those players are going to peak this year. Each has merits but hedge your bets a bit more than 8 questionable players who only, if everything goes there way, can produce scores that other are already guaranteed to get.

Montagna could score 110, Garlett could average 80, Walker could average 100, or they could all average 20 points less than that, and if they do whats your plan, you season is over before it starts.

103k leftover

View attachment 103829

I'm not a Lions expert but surely West would be third in line after Leuey and Martin and hence unlikely to get a game unless the aforementioned are injured?

For me he needs to be a potential keeper, so 110+ as the bare minimum. But more importantly he needs to make money early not go backwards early then improve

Serious question, but if I pick someone at that price intending to keep them for the duration of the season, what benefit is there if he goes up in value a bit? (Apart from the obvious that he is scoring well). I can't access any of the money he makes unless I trade him anyway. Sames goes if he loses value. A bit like the stockmarket. You don't actually lose anything unless you trade. Or am I looking at it the wrong way?

Serious question, but if I pick someone at that price intending to keep them for the duration of the season, what benefit is there if he goes up in value a bit? (Apart from the obvious that he is scoring well). I can't access any of the money he makes unless I trade him anyway. Sames goes if he loses value. A bit like the stockmarket. You don't actually lose anything unless you trade. Or am I looking at it the wrong way?
Because it makes it harder for others to bring him in.

Likewise if he drops in value, it makes it easier for others to bring him in.

That's fine. Not sure which player you're referring too but if you pick a player that's >$400k ($350k in lines other than the midfield), you're betting on them becoming a keeper. Otherwise you're going to need to trade them at some stage.

Because it makes it harder for others to bring him in.

Likewise if he drops in value, it makes it easier for others to bring him in.
Ok. Fair enough. Probably didn't consider that angle

That's fine. Not sure which player you're referring too but if you pick a player that's >$400k ($350k in lines other than the midfield), you're betting on them becoming a keeper. Otherwise you're going to need to trade them at some stage.
I was more referring to the $500+ player. I think Ryan Griffen was the example. My thinking was that if I chose him he would be a keeper and his price fluctuation doesn't really affect me (as long as I keep him)

I was more referring to the $500+ player. I think Ryan Griffen was the example. My thinking was that if I chose him he would be a keeper and his price fluctuation doesn't really affect me (as long as I keep him)

If you think that Ryan Griffen will be in the top 15 midfielders by year end, go for it. I don't see it but then again, I didn't win last year and we haven't even started preseason yet so how would I know?

If I'm paying $500k for a MID I'd be expecting/hoping that said player would finish the season as a Top 10 MID averaging 110+

The range he stated was 105-110 so quoting 110 takes it out of context a bit. Let's go in the middle of that range and say he averages 107.5 - that's not enough. For the sake of saving 50-100k I'd be more inclined to find that money and start with a Watson/Danger/Ward/Sidey - the first 2 who are proven 115+ players. Swallow however isn't proven in that range.

I'm not sure the differential between Swallow and Watson (for example) is as much as you think. Consider this
upload_2015-1-19_18-34-51.png

Watson is $74k more expensive (still probably underpriced a bit)
Watson has the round 12 bye with almost every super premo, Swallow round 13
Durability similar though happy to concede the last 2 years aren't great for Swallow or Watson (especially Swallow)
I'd say Watson is a proven 110 player not 115+. The year he went 121 looks to be an outlier rather than the norm.
Essendon have the ASADA case to deal with
Swallows last 8-10 games last year were only ok - he averaged a little over 100. But signs of gradual improvement were there. After a full preseason he should be able to improve on that some more.

Watson should outscore him in the season but probably not by much. Maybe a 30% chance that Swallow actually outscores Watson for the season. So you could also argue that Watson is marginal as a keeper.

Of the other choices quoted I like Sidey, Danger worries me because of the contract and Ward because of the unknown Griffen effect (though he also has a R13 bye).

In short I know there's a lot of ifs here but I think he's a better chance to improve than other underpriced premiums. Worth the risk I think.

I'm not sure the differential between Swallow and Watson (for example) is as much as you think. Consider this
View attachment 103867

Watson is $74k more expensive (still probably underpriced a bit)
Watson has the round 12 bye with almost every super premo, Swallow round 13
Durability similar though happy to concede the last 2 years aren't great for Swallow or Watson (especially Swallow)
I'd say Watson is a proven 110 player not 115+. The year he went 121 looks to be an outlier rather than the norm.
Essendon have the ASADA case to deal with
Swallows last 8-10 games last year were only ok - he averaged a little over 100. But signs of gradual improvement were there. After a full preseason he should be able to improve on that some more.

Watson should outscore him in the season but probably not by much. Maybe a 30% chance that Swallow actually outscores Watson for the season. So you could also argue that Watson is marginal as a keeper.

Of the other choices quoted I like Sidey, Danger worries me because of the contract and Ward because of the unknown Griffen effect (though he also has a R13 bye).

In short I know there's a lot of ifs here but I think he's a better chance to improve than other underpriced premiums. Worth the risk I think.

Happy to be proven wrong but I think they're both terrible selections.

103k leftover

View attachment 103829

West won't get a game. Don't forget Stef Martin is there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back