Teams SC 2015 - My Team (Prior to NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said. I'm happy to take a few risks, don't want to be playing teams week in week out that come down to 3-5 players of difference because my team is the same as everyone else.

Some if those players are going to be shuffled especially before Rd 1 and seeing whose actually going to play.

Thanks for the input though, hope you have a good season!

Cheers... praying to go better than last year but cant see it happening!

Take 2.. Thoughts? Don't know about rich yet, want to see NAB cup form and his confidence before he stays

Also this may sound a little dumb but what is my aim to do throughout the year with premiums and rookies? Get rookie prices up and then upgrade them for premiums later on?

I have my doubts on Rich, Bontempelli and Libba with the potential for heavy tags this season.

Team looks alright, though.

I have my doubts on Rich, Bontempelli and Libba with the potential for heavy tags this season.

Team looks alright, though.

Bont was a worry for me at the start but with another pre season under his belt and a move into the midifield i think he will dominate especially with the new scoring system, hence why i went for libba too, tackle and clearance general, surely both will rise in $$

Bont was a worry for me at the start but with another pre season under his belt and a move into the midifield i think he will dominate especially with the new scoring system, hence why i went for libba too, tackle and clearance general, surely both will rise in $$

I don't know how much Libba will rise when he's already 593k.

That being said, he would also be a pretty handy POD because I haven't seen him in many teams.

Bonts is a gun and the only reason I have a ? on him is the old "second year blues" but he's a gun.

My third attempt. I'm not thrilled with a lot of it.

As far as the midfield goes, I'm comfortable having a few rookies, knowing that Petracca, Heeney, Boekhorst and Steele could all potentially slot straight into their respective sides - Laverde is one that I've heard little about, so I'll look into that. I'd love to hear what people think of the Duncan selection - I'm unsure about it, which isn't a good sign when I've got $537k tied up in him :p Bontempelli and Dunstan are two that could go to another level, but it could just as easily go the other way. I haven't heard anything to put me off them at this point.

I like Ryder and Nankervis in the ruck, but Kreuzer could be a disaster. It was hard to pick a defensive eight - I really like the three rookies I've got in Goddard, McKenzie and DVR, but I don't think I'll get much value for the top-end players.

I'm not unhappy with the forward line - Caleb Daniel is a beast (a metaphorical beast, that is) and will debut in Round 1, and I expect Hogan and to a lesser extent Honeychurch to play more often than not and be good value - although the latter is one I'm still considering trading out, I generally don't like having two players from the same team on the same line. Mitchell is ready for a good year, likewise Cameron at $303k. I'll wait and see with Clark. Goddard shouldn't let me down, Deledio I'm not sure about.
Third Supercoach Team.PNG
I've kept all the screenshots I've taken, so it'll be interesting to see how the early teams differ from the Round 1 lineup.

I don't know how much Libba will rise when he's already 593k.

That being said, he would also be a pretty handy POD because I haven't seen him in many teams.

Bonts is a gun and the only reason I have a ? on him is the old "second year blues" but he's a gun.

Yeah im hoping he can work on breaking off tags over the pre-season more but with griffen gone im starting to worry a little. Argh well i think ill take the risk and see how it pans out.

I like Duncan as a risk, would be more inclined to trade him in after round 3 when prices start to move. If he has 2 monster games in the first 2 rounds, jump on him. I just don't think I'd risk starting with him at that price when there are proven mids around that mark l

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As far as the midfield goes, I'm comfortable having a few rookies, knowing that Petracca, Heeney, Boekhorst and Steele could all potentially slot straight into their respective sides - Laverde is one that I've heard little about, so I'll look into that. I'd love to hear what people think of the Duncan selection - I'm unsure about it, which isn't a good sign when I've got $537k tied up in him :p Bontempelli and Dunstan are two that could go to another level, but it could just as easily go the other way. I haven't heard anything to put me off them at this point.

I like Ryder and Nankervis in the ruck, but Kreuzer could be a disaster. It was hard to pick a defensive eight - I really like the three rookies I've got in Goddard, McKenzie and DVR, but I don't think I'll get much value for the top-end players.

I'm not unhappy with the forward line - Caleb Daniel is a beast (a metaphorical beast, that is) and will debut in Round 1, and I expect Hogan and to a lesser extent Honeychurch to play more often than not and be good value - although the latter is one I'm still considering trading out, I generally don't like having two players from the same team on the same line. Mitchell is ready for a good year, likewise Cameron at $303k. I'll wait and see with Clark. Goddard shouldn't let me down, Deledio I'm not sure about.
View attachment 106596
I've kept all the screenshots I've taken, so it'll be interesting to see how the early teams differ from the Round 1 lineup.

Well. It's a unique team I'll give you that, plenty of POD's.

I'd only have one of Kolo and Mayes in defence (even then I'd prefer Waters or Ibbotsen), you could downgrade 1 to a rookie and upgrade Duncan and Bonts to elite tier players. Dunstan another mid-pricer, if you really think he'll break out go with him, I give him 0.5% chance of doing that though.

Jeremy Cameron, you haven't been talking to NSWCROW perhaps? Don't think he's going to go to premo status or even increase in $$$ that much, same for HoneyChurch.

Well. It's a unique team I'll give you that, plenty of POD's.

I'd only have one of Kolo and Mayes in defence (even then I'd prefer Waters or Ibbotsen), you could downgrade 1 to a rookie and upgrade Duncan and Bonts to elite tier players. Dunstan another mid-pricer, if you really think he'll break out go with him, I give him 0.5% chance of doing that though.

Jeremy Cameron, you haven't been talking to NSWCROW perhaps? Don't think he's going to go to premo status or even increase in $$$ that much, same for HoneyChurch.
Cheers, always good to get some useful feedback.

I thought similarly about Kolodjashnij and Mayes - I'll probably stick with the former and downgrade Mayes. For whom, I'm not yet sure, but I'm quite impressed by the rookies in defence this year. Dunstan is probably the one I'd want to upgrade moreso than Duncan or Bonts, but I'll look at upgrading two of that trio.

I've probably been sucked in by Cameron's price and my own expectations of him. As with Honeychurch, I've got him more as a stop-gap while I read up on a few other first-third year players.

View attachment 106596
Probably a boring answer, but there are too many midpricers. Year after year, they simply don't make enough cash or score enough points. You'll have an interesting ride throughout the season trying to trade your way out of them though.

Cheers, always good to get some useful feedback.

I thought similarly about Kolodjashnij and Mayes - I'll probably stick with the former and downgrade Mayes. For whom, I'm not yet sure, but I'm quite impressed by the rookies in defence this year. Dunstan is probably the one I'd want to upgrade moreso than Duncan or Bonts, but I'll look at upgrading two of that trio.

I've probably been sucked in by Cameron's price and my own expectations of him. As with Honeychurch, I've got him more as a stop-gap while I read up on a few other first-third year players.
You've just got too many risks in your team.

H.Shaw - Has a proven history of injuries, suspensions & being easily shut down. He's not getting any younger and I can't see his average score getting any higher.

Hibberd - Looming drug ban.

Dangerfield - The change to scoring means he won't be getting the huge points he was for winning games off his own boot, and if he's leaving next year Adelaide might be wanting to start to adapt to life post-Danger.

Duncan - Such a risk at his price, when you could pay a little extra for someone like Rory Sloane who you know you can bank on to get you 100's week in week out

Bontempelli - Second year blues, maybe playing a new position, plays for a shit team (lets be honest)

Dunstan - Again, you're putting all your eggs into this huge basket of breakout candidates you have.

Cameron - Injuries are an issue, big forwards are hit & miss

Honeychurch - At his price you've gotta just go with a rookie, you're going to get the same output.

Even if half these risky players pay off, which is unlikely, you're still up the creek...

Probably a boring answer, but there are too many midpricers. Year after year, they simply don't make enough cash or score enough points. You'll have an interesting ride throughout the season trying to trade your way out of them though.
I've moved on a couple already - I'm fairly confident one or two of them was set for a breakout year, but I'm not all that comfortable with the risk given the teams they're playing in.
You've just got too many risks in your team.

H.Shaw - Has a proven history of injuries, suspensions & being easily shut down. He's not getting any younger and I can't see his average score getting any higher. Still mulling over which high-priced defenders I'll start the season with.

Hibberd - Looming drug ban. Read Shaw.

Dangerfield - The change to scoring means he won't be getting the huge points he was for winning games off his own boot, and if he's leaving next year Adelaide might be wanting to start to adapt to life post-Danger. Gone. I'm not convinced his potential departure will have a great impact on how Adelaide utilise him, though.

Duncan - Such a risk at his price, when you could pay a little extra for someone like Rory Sloane who you know you can bank on to get you 100's week in week out Gone.

Bontempelli - Second year blues, maybe playing a new position, plays for a shit team (lets be honest) Second year blues could well be an issue, admittedly - not that I think the extra scrutiny will detract from his performances, but he's stacked on weight and I'm interested to see how he handles it.

Dunstan - Again, you're putting all your eggs into this huge basket of breakout candidates you have. Gone.

Cameron - Injuries are an issue, big forwards are hit & miss Gone.

Honeychurch - At his price you've gotta just go with a rookie, you're going to get the same output. Stopgap, I'm yet to decide who to swap him for.

Even if half these risky players pay off, which is unlikely, you're still up the creek...
I took a lot of what GOAUS! mentioned into account and made a few changes, which I've noted above - I'm still unhappy with my defence (I think I'll struggle to be happy with it at any stage) and the forward line still needs a lot of tinkering. Appreciate the response.

I've moved on a couple already - I'm fairly confident one or two of them was set for a breakout year, but I'm not all that comfortable with the risk given the teams they're playing in.

I took a lot of what GOAUS! mentioned into account and made a few changes, which I've noted above - I'm still unhappy with my defence (I think I'll struggle to be happy with it at any stage) and the forward line still needs a lot of tinkering. Appreciate the response.
I don't think anyone is happy with their def at this stage, so you're not alone there.

View attachment 106596
Don't have a problem with POD's, nor the one's you've chosen, but I think you may have too many. Mayes, KK, Duncan, Bontempelli, Dunstan, Cameron and Honeychurch could all have great years, but all are pretty unlikely to be top 10 in their respective positions. 1 or 2 might make it, but for the rest of them you get left behind when everyone upgrades their teams to include the big guns. Leaves you in a position where you either have to leave the guys who don't quite work out and lose points, or use a bunch of trades upgrading them. Instead of having 7-8 midpricers i'd try to have 2-3 instead. Less risk less reward yes, but history tells there's only a couple of midpricers that work out every year.

Going very risky, hoping we remain flat track bullies so the eagles will raise in price ready for me to trade them out.

Attachments

• sc.PNG
    sc.PNG
    80.1 KB · Views: 6
Going very risky, hoping we remain flat track bullies so the eagles will raise in price ready for me to trade them out.[/QUOTE
]

Sorry but I can't understand your logic behind this team. You should start your back line & midfield again. I actually don't mind your forwards, but wouldn't pay that much for Petracca when someone 100,000 will average the same amount.
Way too many eagles players.

Thoughts on my team so far? I'm thinking I may be starting a bit too expensive, but I haven't done much research into this years new players, hopefully get a good look at the NAB challenge. My bench is looking pretty shite..

upload_2015-2-3_10-32-31.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back