Teams SC 2015 - My Team (Prior to NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez, must of hit a nerve.

1. It's not my time im trying to save.
2. Most of them haven't. How many people posting there teams actually go back more than a page. Most just want advice on there own team.
3. History, how many 200K first year rookies have been worth while so far. Kelly made 150K last year and averaged 68, not too bad, but better value with cheaper rookies. And if people went the safer option picking another player worth 200K whose name was bouncing around, they would have doubled there money and had a guy averaging well into the 90's.
4. Peoples rank isn't the only indication of knowledge or ability in Supercoach. Plenty of guys here have finished in the top 1000 or top 100 at some stage and outside the top 20000 at others, myself included (travelling for work these last 2 years has killed me, hence my absence on the forums in that time).

Luck also has a big part in it, but people come here to get advice from a multitude of people, people who will take risks, and will fail, but that doesn't mean they don't have something to contribute.

Not sure why it's an issue to prewarn people about certain players, but if it makes you feel better, I wont do it again :rolleyes:

Nah, didn't hit a nerve. Just took offence to your original "don't even post a team with a player from group X in it, because in my opinion every player from group Y is better" post, (Paraphrasing,but it was essentially what you were saying). That's where the disclosure part came into my argument. Geez, someone may have thought you were a mod.:eek:

Hard to quote history when people have only been paying a dramatic increase in rookie prices for one year. (If that's the case, nobody should pick a Geelong ruck, because they will get injured. Not that many people wold anyway, but if they do, it's their choice) Realistically, there only so far been 1/2 dozen 200k first year players, and no one would have predicted JMart to get taken out in his first 9 minutes of footy. He was also in the top 10 midfielders selected at the start of last season. Considering what he brought to 2013, I don't think there would have been too many folks upset with paying 222k for O'Meara.

So Bonts & a premium fwd - Gray etc - for Swan & Lids/Martin?

No thanks.

Cant have martin and deledio in the forward line together.. And swan will never return to his best, they are passed him now. And clark is better value then membrey.

Cant have martin and deledio in the forward line together.. And swan will never return to his best, they are passed him now. And clark is better value then membrey.
Why not?

Swan will bounce back to average 90-100 IMHO.

Clark has an injured calf & is no where near AFL standard, Membrey seems the logical choice there, don't think we signed him to play at Sandringham, especially with Stanley gone.

Thoughts? Gone bold in the middle but things may change after NAB cup!
pretty good team... i like this team more than mine already :)
not sure on whitecross, so go for a cheaper rookie and upgrade a $500k mid

Screenshot_2015-02-07-08-57-35-1.png Screenshot_2015-02-07-08-57-45-1.png Think I'm going to stick with this for now. It seems pretty cookie cutterish but I think with the disaster that is the defence this year I'm going to mitigate the risks by picking POD premiums in Simpson, Birchall (not really happy, could change to a few), Sloane, Ward, and Maric, instead of POD mid pricers

If rookies dont show I plan to downgrade Sloane to Dangerfield and use the funds. Likewise im also toying with the idea of going Birchall > Henderson as well and picking up Tom Mitchell if he is named Round 1. Currently have $38k remaining.

What do people think?

If no rookie ruck option presents itself over the NAB cup, how many people are going to take the risk of not having cover? Seeing a lot of teams without any cover if a ruckman goes down for a week or two, to save burning a trade.
The most likely cover being Ryder or Bellchambers in the fwd line.
And with Luenberger and Kruezer, popular mid price options coming back from injury, the risk increases greatly without cover.

Apologies if this has been covered.

Nah, didn't hit a nerve. Just took offence to your original "don't even post a team with a player from group X in it, because in my opinion every player from group Y is better" post, (Paraphrasing,but it was essentially what you were saying). That's where the disclosure part came into my argument. Geez, someone may have thought you were a mod.:eek:

Hard to quote history when people have only been paying a dramatic increase in rookie prices for one year. (If that's the case, nobody should pick a Geelong ruck, because they will get injured. Not that many people wold anyway, but if they do, it's their choice) Realistically, there only so far been 1/2 dozen 200k first year players, and no one would have predicted JMart to get taken out in his first 9 minutes of footy. He was also in the top 10 midfielders selected at the start of last season. Considering what he brought to 2013, I don't think there would have been too many folks upset with paying 222k for O'Meara.

Didn't mean to offend, simply trying to offer some universal advice for those who are new, so people can focus on the rest of the team rather then just telling them to drop players.

Personally, unless I see something from Cripps, Biggs, Newton, etc. They wont be in my team, to spend that much on rookies you have to expect a higher output, I want to see them in action first.

Correct about Geelongs ruck, nobody should pick them, and history is exactly the reason why. We haven't had a full ruck division since Ottens left, and even he never played a full season.

Martin and O'Meara kind of mirror my point. To pay 200K for a rookie, you need something behind them, at least an AFL preseason as even if they are less talented or less skilled then the first year rookie at the same price, they are more ready to play AFL.

Martin was not ready for AFL, he was too small, O'Meara already had a preseason under his belt, he was ready for AFL, or at least more so than Martin.

My point is not that Petracca or Brayshaw wont be better in the long run, but guys like Newton, Cripps and Biggs will be more ready and able this year at the same price.

Martin and Deledio did alright together last year, and with Richmond sure to improve you would expect those 2 to lead the way, so expecting a slightly higher output from both isn't too far fetched. Doubtful either are going to come out and start averaging 110 each, but for both to average around 105 is out of the question.

And Swan doesn't need to return to his best but at his best if he can manage 100ppg he is a bargain. And he is more likely to get there than Bonts.

Agreed with Clark, should be better than Membry, but you would want to see him in the NAB cup to have confidence that he is fit.

View attachment 107659 View attachment 107660 Think I'm going to stick with this for now. It seems pretty cookie cutterish but I think with the disaster that is the defence this year I'm going to mitigate the risks by picking POD premiums in Simpson, Birchall (not really happy, could change to a few), Sloane, Ward, and Maric, instead of POD mid pricers

If rookies dont show I plan to downgrade Sloane to Dangerfield and use the funds. Likewise im also toying with the idea of going Birchall > Henderson as well and picking up Tom Mitchell if he is named Round 1. Currently have $38k remaining.

What do people think?
I like it, solid team in all areas. Simpsons + Birchall though could go either way, both have a tendency to either go big or go home. I wouldn't be happy with them in my team but if you're ok with that then more power to you.

I would honestly look at downgrading Ward to a different premo in the midfield that's a bit cheaper. Do you think Ward's going to stay above $600 grand? Because I think that's very optimistic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's my team. I have 160k in the bank. May need to reconfigure re: bye rounds.

Noone is talking about Karnesizszs? Placeholder but I'd like him to play well

have Luey in the team at the moment at the expense of Kruzer. This is becayse Luey is about 50k more expensive; keeping structure. Will consider one of the two at a later date.

6p12d1.png

Pittard is off limits, I'm red hot on him this year. Gut feel // another player I enjoy watching.

Here's my team. I have 160k in the bank. May need to reconfigure re: bye rounds.

Noone is talking about Karnesizszs? Placeholder but I'd like him to play well

have Luey in the team at the moment at the expense of Kruzer. This is becayse Luey is about 50k more expensive; keeping structure. Will consider one of the two at a later date.

6p12d1.png

Pittard is off limits, I'm red hot on him this year. Gut feel // another player I enjoy watching.

To risky in the backline, no proven players, all prospect and injured. Its one way to go, but the odds are against you to have Newnes and Jacobs break out and Waters and Ibbotson to play enough to at least increase in value.

Might pay to drop one of your mid premos and sure up your backline.

Mids are solid, if your willing to wear the bye round.

Rucks are no where, running with Berger is risky, but having TBC as your R2 pretty much gives you nothing. If you really want TBC run him in you forward line with cox on the bench, and swap out Bennell (will go down with injuries at some point). Use the extra cash to get a premo ruck.

Goldy will out score Bennell

Nice looking team,really good set up.
My 5 cents if Henderson or Roberton show form there other options for KK pending on what role they all play.
Your a saints fan no Newnes or Steven any reason?
Thanks for the feedback mate.

Yeah I'm liking Henderson for KK if he plays as a rebounding defender again, at the same time KK will average up to 85+ IMO.

Yeah 436k for Newnes is to awkward for mine & I personally don't think he will breakout to premium status. As for Steven we had Lenny & Dal to support him back in 2013, now it's just Armo & Steven as the main guys..

SC team Feb 7.JPG

My team is almost perfect except one thing. Tom Bellchambers. Don't know how to get rid of him without ruining the rest of my team.

View attachment 107737

My team is almost perfect except one thing. Tom Bellchambers. Don't know how to get rid of him without ruining the rest of my team.
Why Rich? Especially with Hanley now out for half the season, he'll be first tagged because he's the type of player you tag.

You could solve your Bellchambers dilemma by downgrading Rich to a rookie, then uploading Bellchambers to Martin or Franklin.

Why Rich? Especially with Hanley now out for half the season, he'll be first tagged because he's the type of player you tag.

You could solve your Bellchambers dilemma by downgrading Rich to a rookie, then uploading Bellchambers to Martin or Franklin.
What about the ruck security?

What about the ruck security?
Well if you wanted the ruck security, then you're either going to have to put Bellchambers, Ryder (who you could afford if you downgrade Rich), or Lycett. There could also be a Blicavs that shows up in the pre season that will be a playing R3, but then you don't have that captain's loophole.

Well if you wanted the ruck security, then you're either going to have to put Bellchambers, Ryder (who you could afford if you downgrade Rich), or Lycett. There could also be a Blicavs that shows up in the pre season that will be a playing R3, but then you don't have that captain's loophole.
SC team Feb 7 2.JPG

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back