Teams SC 2015 - My Team (Prior to NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant upload a screenshot for some reason but heres my first go at my team. not too sure if I've got one too many premiums in the midfield or not. risky with leuenberger too but am finding it really hard to move around my team to get the players i want..

backs: Simpson Smith Shaw Hodge Whitecross Goddard (Maynard McKenzies)
midfield: Ablett Pendlebury Ward Lewis Wines Heeney Boekhorst Freeman (Vandenberg Laverde Lambert)
rucks: Natanui Leuenberger (Cox)
forwards: Deledio Goddard Martin Swan Karnezis Hogan (Steele Daniel)

$2,400 left... any ideas on how to get Leuenberger to a better ruckman, his risk is really worrying me.
thanks

My first cut for the year .. no thought as to bye rounds etc and obviously fine tuning to be done on the rookies. Around $55k left. Thinking of adding another premium mid so would love to hear your thoughts on how to achieve this ...

View attachment 110665
Downgrade Harry
Upgrade VanBerlo > premo mid

Cant upload a screenshot for some reason but heres my first go at my team. not too sure if I've got one too many premiums in the midfield or not. risky with leuenberger too but am finding it really hard to move around my team to get the players i want..

midfield: Ablett Pendlebury Ward Lewis Wines Heeney Boekhorst Freeman (Vandenberg Laverde Lambert)

$2,400 left... any ideas on how to get Leuenberger to a better ruckman, his risk is really worrying me.
thanks
Smith>Ibbotson
Leuy>Minson/McEvoy

Smith>Ibbotson
Leuy>Minson/McEvoy
Got to say I disagree with Smith>Ibbo, Smith could very well be the highest scoring backman this year and ibbo could spend the year injured. I don't see any reason why anyone would start with McEvoy as he was in and out of the side due to Ceglar.

Got to say I disagree with Smith>Ibbo, Smith could very well be the highest scoring backman this year and ibbo could spend the year injured. I don't see any reason why anyone would start with McEvoy as he was in and out of the side due to Ceglar.

Apparently has worked on his mobility and work around the ground, which could see him get back to a 100 ppg. That being said that would be his ceiling, he isn't one I would consider, but people will try and justify him now that Kruze has gone down so they dont need to spend too much extra.

It's not a coincidence that his name only really started popping up after Kruze went down.

Ibbotson is quite capable of pushing out 85+ for a fraction of Smiths cost. An injury in defence (Ibbo) can be covered by multiple options in his price bracket whereas as an injury to Luey with no cover spells big trouble.

McEvoy only mentioned because he'd have 500k to spend on a ruckman and those are the 2 best options imo. If he wants to cut some more fat elsewhere, than Goldy is the ticket.

Re McEvoy many have written him off. Hawks invested slot in him and @ 25 should be hitting his straps. Might be the surprise bounce back of the year.

Apparently has worked on his mobility and work around the ground, which could see him get back to a 100 ppg. That being said that would be his ceiling, he isn't one I would consider, but people will try and justify him now that Kruze has gone down so they dont need to spend too much extra.

It's not a coincidence that his name only really started popping up after Kruze went down.
I agree that he could get back to 100ppg, I just don't see it and for mine I won't be considering him unless he absolutely dominates during NAB and there is no sight of Ceglar.

Ibbotson is quite capable of pushing out 85+ for a fraction of Smiths cost. An injury in defence (Ibbo) can be covered by multiple options in his price bracket whereas as an injury to Luey with no cover spells big trouble.

McEvoy only mentioned because he'd have 500k to spend on a ruckman and those are the 2 best options imo. If he wants to cut some more fat elsewhere, than Goldy is the ticket.

Re McEvoy many have written him off. Hawks invested slot in him and @ 25 should be hitting his straps. Might be the surprise bounce back of the year.

I think the key for this year will be having a durable back line. I myself am thinking of total points in the back line and not averages, Ibbo is far too much of a risk in that sense.

thanks
Smith>Ibbotson
Leuy>Minson/McEvoy
Alternatively
Deledio/Goddard - Mitchell
Leuy - whoever

My first cut for the year .. no thought as to bye rounds etc and obviously fine tuning to be done on the rookies. Around $55k left. Thinking of adding another premium mid so would love to hear your thoughts on how to achieve this ...

View attachment 110665
Your obvious downgrade targets there would be Goldy, one of the premo forwards, Malceski, Lumumba, and Newton. Also can free up $20K by turning Nankervis into Read or Cox.

Malceski: fully priced, new club, uncertain output in a new system. I think there are equally safe bets at less inflated prices (K Simpson, B Smith)
Goldy: Is Mr Set-And-Forget, but I think NicNat is the Must Have Ruck this year. You're taking some risk with a fallen or midprice ruck, but you can also get a bit of cash back by going Goldy -> Minson. I'm still intrigued by Blicavs but not ballsy enough just yet.
Lumumba: high price for the amount of risk attached. Honestly, someone like Henderson or Macmillan will go close scoring-wise for 100-150K less, or someone like Docherty at a similar price on an upward trajectory.
Goddard: If the ban hammer falls I'd be nervous about his scoring prospects surrounded by kids and top-ups.
Buddy: Isn't he on a modified program still? Downgrade either Goddard or Buddy to someone like Titch.

Which 4 would people prefer from the following 5?

· Dusty

· Buddy

· Lids

· Swan

· Goddard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your obvious downgrade targets there would be Goldy, one of the premo forwards, Malceski, Lumumba, and Newton. Also can free up $20K by turning Nankervis into Read or Cox.

Malceski: fully priced, new club, uncertain output in a new system. I think there are equally safe bets at less inflated prices (K Simpson, B Smith)
Goldy: Is Mr Set-And-Forget, but I think NicNat is the Must Have Ruck this year. You're taking some risk with a fallen or midprice ruck, but you can also get a bit of cash back by going Goldy -> Minson. I'm still intrigued by Blicavs but not ballsy enough just yet.
Lumumba: high price for the amount of risk attached. Honestly, someone like Henderson or Macmillan will go close scoring-wise for 100-150K less, or someone like Docherty at a similar price on an upward trajectory.
Goddard: If the ban hammer falls I'd be nervous about his scoring prospects surrounded by kids and top-ups.
Buddy: Isn't he on a modified program still? Downgrade either Goddard or Buddy to someone like Titch.

What role do you reckon Macmillan will play this year?

What role do you reckon Macmillan will play this year?
I said earlier in this thread ...
He's more of a utility wing/def general dogsbody than a straight lockdown defender. As I said in another thread, he's in there now as a $50K cheaper alternative to Henderson, with a proven history of being 10ppg better. Default option in the price range and is ok value if he improves on his last full season http://tooserious.net/Player.aspx?id=876&year=2013&name=Jamie MACMILLAN. Capable of 75+ every second week and hope for not too many stinkers. Excellent JS given he's been added to the leadership group.

If there's a decent cheap rookie alternative he's out, obvs.

Why not Goddard?
I initially started with him but this fn circus going on has put me off and so I switched to Tich and freed up money to spend elsewhere.

Any 4/5 there are solid choices.

G'day fellas! First time posting hear. Would love your opinions on my team selection. My rucks are still up in the air at the moment. Im waiting for the nab cup before I lock in my rookies and rucks. Also I'm waiting to hear more info about wingard as he may not be in my side come round 1. I might swap wingard for jack martin or bellchambers and upgrade to a better ruck combo
last night I went hurn>B.smith and Docherty>K.smimpson What are your thoughts on this?

K.simpson, Smith, Hibberd, Newnes, Whitecross, Maynard (McKenzie Ramesy)

Ablett, Fyfe, Sloane, Kennedy, Wines, Anderson, Heeney, Boekhordt ( Laverde freeman Krakouer)

Leuenberger, Bellchambers (nankervis)

Deledio, D.martin, Swan, Wingard, T.mithchell, Hogan (Daniel Lambert)

G'day fellas! First time posting hear. Would love your opinions on my team selection. My rucks are still up in the air at the moment. Im waiting for the nab cup before I lock in my rookies and rucks. Also I'm waiting to hear more info about wingard as he may not be in my side come round 1. I might swap wingard for jack martin or bellchambers and upgrade to a better ruck combo
last night I went hurn>B.smith and Docherty>K.smimpson What are your thoughts on this?

Ablett, Fyfe, Sloane, Kennedy, Wines, Anderson, Heeney, Boekhordt ( Laverde freeman Krakouer)

pretty damn good side..
1 alteration, downgrade Wingard and upgrade Bellchambers.

Really like the rest of your team.. alot.. *copy paste* ;)

Its solid till nab starts.

Most hawks are saying whitex won't play early fwiw

Keep posting.

Join the bf supercoach group and leagues

More the better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back