Teams SC 2016 - My Team (NAB Challenge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts?
K4bowS9.jpg

Still having second thoughts on Yeo, Simpkin and Betts. What do you think? Any other suggestions?

($59,000 in the bank)
You've got some pretty speculative picks in there.
I know your logic behind daisy, but it's very risky.
Yeos scores from his first 2 nab games haven't been all that encouraging.
Betts averaged 86 last year when he kicked over 50 goals and I can't see him improving all that much, he can go large though.
Don't get sucked into Lobbe.

My team

supercoach.png

My team.

Have I gone too far in sacrificing top premos (Fyfe, Pendlebury, Deledio) in order to get the extra keeper? What are peoples thoughts on that?

I can easily go:
Dahlhaus and Greene -> Deledio and Kommer (any rookie really)
Shiel and Sidebottom -> Fyfe and Pendlebury
100k left over

Is that better? 1 less keeper but probably 30-40 extra points from my premos a week?

Thanks in advance

Thoughts?
K4bowS9.jpg

Still having second thoughts on Yeo, Simpkin and Betts. What do you think? Any other suggestions?

($59,000 in the bank)

My main suggestion would be Eagles Mitch Brown and Scott Selwood out.

Yes, Brown is only 133k. I can't however see him averaging higher than 40-45. The Bombers Brown would be the better option mostly just because he is more unknown. Yes he might average not much higher, but he has shown in NAB Cup he gets the ball a bit more and you could see him averaging anywhere between 40-65. If that's in the 55+ bracket, he's a lot better pick than the Eagles one. I just think you're accepting a loss from the very start with Eagles Brown.

Scott Selwood
http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...y/news-story/9f039e51c0a51ceafc2417c808d39961

Other than that keep a close eye on NAB Cup form for guys like Thomas, Lobbe, Duncan, Smith, Yeo. Personally wouldn't have any but I think Duncan and Smith in particular are relatively good options. Thomas too expensive at 308k, if he was Wells price you would consider him, and I like to set and forget my rucks hence why don't like Lobbe.

I'm seeing alot of Jesse Lonergan.

What do people really expect him to avg? I admit to being a little oblivious to the Suns, so I haven't seen a whole lot of him, but is he guaranteed 22 and looking to have a break out year? Or did he have that break out year last season?

Not a breakout year last season, just managed to establish himself in the team without really performing.

I don't agree with writing him off because he's "injury prone", I also don't see why people apply that sort of tag to kids. A lot of the time a cautious approach is taken with rehab and returns with kids so what seems like an injury prone player really could have played a couple extra months almost...he's also had 2 broken hands/wrists in his first 2 seasons - chances of that happening again?? I understand why others wouldn't take the risk but personally I feel a guy who is coming into his 4th season, after playing a full year the year before, and had a pretty good preseason is probably past that stage of his career. Ablett, Rockliff, Sloane all showed no player is without their risks too.

Lonergan had a year of varied roles in 2015, played as a defender (both shutdown roles and rebounding), and also as a midfield tagger at times. Think he's ready to elevate his game now though, he was a quality junior and is destined for further than just a tagging/defensive role in my opinion. Good ball user. So that's why I have got him, think he's ready to jump into a full time midfield role. My main concern is that there are a couple of other Suns kids who are capable of doing similar so just got to go with your gut and pick the right one (as with all midpricers)

Thoughts on my team?
Have only seen bits and pieces of NAB Cup so any advice would be appreciated.
Especially on potentia rookie/bench options

DEF: Shaw, Rance, Laird, Touhy, Weitering, Brown(Ess) - Brown(Eagles) & Hartley

MIDS: Fyfe, Pendles, GAJ, Parker, Libba, M. Crouch, Mathieson, Petracca - Polkinghorne, Jansen & Sumner

RUCKS: Goldstein, Smith - Cox

FWDS: Martin, Barlow, Greene, Wells, Kerridge, Menadue - Obrien & Grimley

$3,300 in bank.

I like it.
Similar set up to my team above your post haha.
Would maybe look at getting 1 more decent forward as you're a little light up there.
Very strong midfield..
Yeah, I went pendlebury to parker and parish to a rookie and then wells to hall and it looks a bit more balanced

Has the coach said much about how much they expect to play him when fit?
Not specifically but they've confirmed he will spend a lot of time in the forward line. When fit he should see plenty of gametime, it's a matter of when that is. He's back to full training now and should debut in the early rounds but Round 1 is unlikely. He's on my bench.

Thoughts on my team?

MIDS: Fyfe, Pendles, GAJ, Parker, Libba, M. Crouch, Mathieson, Petracca - Polkinghorne, Jansen & Sumner

$3,300 in bank.

Yeah nice team mate, I like the fact you've gone one extra mid pricer in the mids with Crouch and have no dramas with Wells as he is Wells worth the risk :D

The only thing with that team will be getting your rookies right :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on my team?

$3,300 in bank.
I don't like the Smith pick. Geelong have 4 ruckmen who all conceivably could be playing the same week (Smith, Blicavs, Vardy and Stanley).
Smith is likely the number 1 ruck, but I don't like that time share.
Other than that, it looks pretty good.

interesting how the only hawks player i've really seen in teams so far is birchall. haven't seen to many with hodge, lewis, gunston or even mitchell (whose lowest score last year was 86).

I don't like the Smith pick. Geelong have 4 ruckmen who all conceivably could be playing the same week (Smith, Blicavs, Vardy and Stanley).
Smith is likely the number 1 ruck, but I don't like that time share.
Other than that, it looks pretty good.

I am iffy on Smith. Is very tempting at his price... would prefer to have Martin and not have to worry bout my rucks at all.
Could potentially ditch Libba or Crouch to a rookie

sc 5-3-16.PNG
$6k left
I like this. Dangerfield will probably become Hannebery and Gawn to Nic Nat.
Might need to find a way to fit a premium F3/4. Shaw to Sherridan makes Ben Ken to Toby Greene.

Latest version
as some people have been saying on other threads, mid rookies (or rookies in general) havent yet presented themselves.
i reckon it is the year of the mid pricers!!!
have 86k left
Thoughts?

5b8b21a8b71063c1d68963cd5376a544.png

How is this for a team with exactly $0 remaining..

B: Laird, Bartel, Smith, Sheridan, Hartley, Brown (Collins, Lee)
M: Fyfe, Pendlebury, Ablett, Rockliff, Parker, Liberatore, Mills, Gresham (Mathieson, Polkinghorne, Macpherson)
R: Goldstein, Gawn (Grimely)
F: Martin, Barlow, Franklin, Wells, Kerridge, Menadue (Petracca, McCarthy)

Any ideas where I could downgrade to find some dosh?

upload_2016-3-5_19-56-5.png

Hall
Gaz
Rosa
Lonergan

Suns to get off to a cracking start playing Essendon Round 1. Won't drop in price either after 3. Play Dons twice too, Very handy. If only Prestia was fit.

Gray should be Top 5 by seasons end. Rance Top 3 SC Defender. Pretty much a guns n' rookies approach. Judd 2.0 ready to set the season on fire too!

View attachment 222244

Hall
Gaz
Rosa
Lonergan

Suns to get off to a cracking start playing Essendon Round 1. Won't drop in price either after 3. Play Dons twice too, Very handy. If only Prestia was fit.

Gray should be Top 5 by seasons end. Rance Top 3 SC Defender. Pretty much a guns n' rookies approach. Judd 2.0 ready to set the season on fire too!
Didn't see the game, but saw Dea get 80? something.
For his price and the ability to slot him back, that would enable me to cover a rookie forward or mid that I want to upgrade.
Dea has copped a bit of a pasting from here, but on paper he looks a solid slot for a starting cash cow.

What are peoples thoughts on how he played and is he worth a rookie slot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back