Teams SC 2016 - My Team (Post NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Referring to S.Gray, Hall and even Cripps as Guns is probably a little generous. They are still unproven as genuine premo keepers and therefore probably belong in the Speculative picks section. They have the potential to get there as early as this year, but still have some risk attached
Risk = rewards..... or not.
If theyre not "Premo Keepers", then Im going with my gut with Gray, Hall, Cripps.
Steele and Seedsman are my value POD's, which can be rid of with 2 swift trades if necessary.
I assume you have some of Mills, BenKen, Oliver, Weitering, Crouch, Libba also.... theyre not premo keepers and have risk attached too :):thumbsu:

I like your team over many others ive seen. The pods you have are good. I have hodge in and out of my own side. I'm currently weighing up selwood or Hodge.
The risk i see it for you is in the ruck.

I presume you were talking about my side? Haha thanks for the feedback. Yeah my rucks are difficult...I was never going Goldy, but I rate Smith and think he will get many opportunities to excel at the cattery :)

Lol,
Lucky I didnt keep my downgrade from Gawn to Zac Smith then! I had Zac locked in yesterday to free up cash, but was able to formulate this team with Gawn also included.
Gawn and NicNat seem solid to me..... what would you suggest with only 18k to play with?
Im not a Hodge Fan, but his numbers dont lie. Pretty safe POD if you ask me, as long as he doesnt belt someone again like he did last year..... Plenty of others that Id prefer but hes your POD, which makes this game unique
Sorry i stuffed up commentary on team above you with Zac smith in ruck

Sorry i stuffed up commentary on team above you with Zac smith in ruck
Yeah Ive got NicNat + Gawn..... thats solid enough right?? I dont see how Goldy can average 130/game again and think he will be more affordable later on

Youre a cats man.... how do you rate Zac??

Laird, Smith, Sheridan, Lonergan, Weitering, Dea.... Hartley, McDonald-Tipungwuti
Danger, GAJ, Priddis, Gray, Rocky, Wines, Gresham, Keays... Trengove, Petracca, Davis
Martin, NicNat.... Cox
Barlow, Greene, Hall, Wells, Kennedy, Kerridge... Grimley, Brown

Yet to finalise what rooks will remain before lockout, but that's the current structure I'm running with. Though I'm pretty sure I might downgrade Wines>Libba(potentially same scoring output for $150k less), and shuffle my DEFs to look like....

Shaw, Bartel, Smith, Lonergan, Weitering, Dea.... or....
Laird, KK, Bartel, Smith, Weitering, Dea

This is where I am at currently.
Happier with it today than I was yesterday.

Changes essentially boiled down to:
Out - S.Gray, Gawn, Wines and Oliver
Money saved allow me to bring in
In - B.Kennedy, Martin, Rockliff and Liberatore

I think it's an upgrade.

47k in the kitty

Thoughts?

View attachment 227083
Goetz on your bench is a rookie listed player so he is extremely unlikely to play this season

Risk = rewards..... or not.
If theyre not "Premo Keepers", then Im going with my gut with Gray, Hall, Cripps.
Steele and Seedsman are my value POD's, which can be rid of with 2 swift trades if necessary.
I assume you have some of Mills, BenKen, Oliver, Weitering, Crouch, Libba also.... theyre not premo keepers and have risk attached too :):thumbsu:
Risk is fine, and yes it CAN lead to reward but likely won't always. Limiting risk is necessary. Chances are all 5 of the guys you have listed won't all become keepers. Perhaps try and choose the 3 most likely, and go G&R with the remaining cash. Mitigate some of the risk.
Gray, Hall and Cripps all have fairly compelling arguments as to why this year might be the year they go premo on us. I'm not sure the arguments for Seedsman and Steele are quite as compelling however.
This is just my opinion obviously, you've got to form yours and go with that

Please forgive me for trying to get reassurance as Im old and my memory is going.

If I remember right you could make unlimmited changes to your side right through round 1 as long as the players team hadnt started to play. But after just reading the supercoach rule Im a bit confused as to if my memory is right. Here is exactly what the help states.

TRADES
  • You can make unlimited trades on your initial team entry. Your team will be locked in and entered at the start of the next upcoming round after you joined.
and also

Trades can be reversed right up until the start of the FIRST match of each round. Once the round and Rolling Lockout is under way, you can no longer reverse any trades.

Now I know the second part works on the 2/3 trades during the season, but does it work with the unlimitted trades we have before round 1 given the "locked in" phrase in the first point.

Anybody can confirm that my memory is right ?

Goetz on your bench is a rookie listed player so he is extremely unlikely to play this season
Well aware of that, I have no interest in him playing. Have him purely for loophole purposes.
If there was a ruckman who had decent scoring potential and job security I would consider taking him, but I don't think one exists this season

Yeah Ive got NicNat + Gawn..... thats solid enough right?? I dont see how Goldy can average 130/game again and think he will be more affordable later on

Youre a cats man.... how do you rate Zac??
You don't see how he can average 130 again? What has changed between this year and last?

The trade reversal thing kicks in after round 1. You aren't technically trading players out (reversing trades) during round 1, as those players haven't been locked into your team yet.

Well aware of that, I have no interest in him playing. Have him purely for loophole purposes.
If there was a ruckman who had decent scoring potential and job security I would consider taking him, but I don't think one exists this season
Do you think Mason Cox may get an opportunity for Collingwood ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Risk is fine, and yes it CAN lead to reward but likely won't always. Limiting risk is necessary. Chances are all 5 of the guys you have listed won't all become keepers. Perhaps try and choose the 3 most likely, and go G&R with the remaining cash. Mitigate some of the risk.
Gray, Hall and Cripps all have fairly compelling arguments as to why this year might be the year they go premo on us. I'm not sure the arguments for Seedsman and Steele are quite as compelling however.
This is just my opinion obviously, you've got to form yours and go with that
IMO Seedsman and Steele are my only risky mid-pricers, and Id prefer pick them over $200k rookies.
My gut says pick them, so I have.
Cripps could be great.... if he flops, Ill trade him out for someone else. Im not a fan of loading up on 5 Mids over $600k to start the season like some do, and I think Goldy and Shaw are overpriced due to an excellent finish to 2015

Do you think Mason Cox may get an opportunity for Collingwood ?
It's not about whether he gets an opportunity, it's about wether he gets enough of an opportunity and scores well enough to make you a significant amount of coin to warrant his selection at a higher price point than the likes of Goetz, and to warrant the loss of a guaranteed loophole candidate each week.
Based on your parameters, Cox is a maybe.
Based on my parameters, Cox is likely a NO

Hasnt the SC rules scoring system changed in regards to hitouts and hitouts to advantage??
I'm not the expert so happy to be corrected, but I believe the changes you are referring to occurred before last season, the season where Goldstein just averaged 130 ppg.
Irregardless, the changes likely favour Goldy rather than hinder him

I'm not the expert so happy to be corrected, but I believe the changes you are referring to occurred before last season, the season where Goldstein just averaged 130 ppg.
Irregardless, the changes likely favour Goldy rather than hinder him
All good. Thanks for your input bud and good luck with your safe team

ok, so this is what i've settled on pending rookie selections.
the foward line is a risk, i have too many mid-pricers and expensive rookies and the mid-field is lacking a premo (where are you Pendles?)...yet im happy with it.

also, Howe is only there because i wanted to have someone from Hawthorn and i figured i'd thrown him in cause i wont really care if he spuds it up. otherwise it ruins my enjoyment of watching the game.

r1.JPG

It's not about whether he gets an opportunity, it's about wether he gets enough of an opportunity and scores well enough to make you a significant amount of coin to warrant his selection at a higher price point than the likes of Goetz, and to warrant the loss of a guaranteed loophole candidate each week.
Based on your parameters, Cox is a maybe.
Based on my parameters, Cox is likely a NO
I'm so confused about loopholes and everything!

ok, so this is what i've settled on pending rookie selections.
the foward line is a risk, i have too many mid-pricers and expensive rookies and the mid-field is lacking a premo (where are you Pendles?)...yet im happy with it.

also, Howe is only there because i wanted to have someone from Hawthorn and i figured i'd thrown him in cause i wont really care if he spuds it up. otherwise it ruins my enjoyment of watching the game.

60414719.jpg

Is it just me or are teams looking so similar this year? Feels like there is barely any difference between one team to the next.
A lot of the good def and fwd options lost their DPP, so there's not that many standouts on those lines. A bunch of superstar mids are underpriced. Anybody with a brain is taking a ruck combo of Goldy, Stef, Jacobs, NicNat, Gawn.

IMO Seedsman and Steele are my only risky mid-pricers, and Id prefer pick them over $200k rookies.
My gut says pick them, so I have.
Cripps could be great.... if he flops, Ill trade him out for someone else. Im not a fan of loading up on 5 Mids over $600k to start the season like some do, and I think Goldy and Shaw are overpriced due to an excellent finish to 2015
id expect Steele & Seedsman to average roughly the same as a 200k rookie but they'll make you less money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back