SC 2016 - My Team (Pre-NAB Challenge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, thanks for your on going help guys.
Have gotten rid of Sinclair and moved Leuenberger from the FWD into the ruck.
I have gotten rid of Crouch too
I need 1 midfielder and 1 forward with $1,075,700.

I currently have(Premo + Mid-Pricers):

Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, J.Kennedy, Rockliff, Liberatore and O'Meara

Fwd: D.Martin, Zorko, Franklin, J.Simpkin

Who should I get?
You could grab Wines MID and Greene FWD. Your midfield is pretty good with Libba at M5. Maybe spend it in your backline.
What makes you so keen on Leuenburger?

I'm not sold on Murphy and Ward I think there's better value around. Murphy to Yeo and Ward to Bont. Then could upgrade Sloan to Pendles. Although you'll probably want to keep Sloan. So perhaps use extra $ to upgrade Williams.
Murphy to Docherty
Williams to Duryea
Ward to D. Martin and Kerridge to mids (for balance)

Those are the trades I keep falling back on. But if you look at it. Murphy will average between 90 and 97. Docherty 90-95. Williams 75-92. Duryea 75-92 and Ward 108-115 and Dustin Martin 103-108. So really if you look at it. Unless Murphy has an absolute shocker of a pre season (in that case I go to Docherty or someone else I mentioned earlier) then I'm getting the better of the next option.

I'd be keen on Bont if he had've started full training but of what I'm aware he hasn't done any full sessions yet. Him and Billings are in the same boat for me. Would've been locks but I'll pass for now. I think Sloane is in that 108-115 bracket, maybe even higher pushing 117 if all goes well. If Selwood plays round 1 and has a decent month of training then he'll probably take Sloane or Wards spot.

Yeah I'd advise against doing what I did, but this year none of the defenders or forwards really jumped out at me. I also find it harder to predict which defenders for example will do well (see McDonald and Houli last year),

It's Noah's ark and everyone is on board. Just like last year, easily the hardest line to work out.

Too many ifs for me. Every scenario is a different risk factor.

Biggest one is if he plays more than 14 games, which he has never done before.
It's a miracle if he becomes a keeper, I'll grant you that.

But I'm picking him to play 7-10 games and make 200k by averaging 90-95. I could put the extra 200k into Liber, but I don't want to

Good side. Alot comes down to personal preference with some guys, but my concerns would be Hanley & Wells. If Hanley had M/D DPP I'd slot him him straight away, but I don't think he cuts it as a mid only. I don't see him in the top 20-30 come the end of the year. Granted he can score big on his day, but he's also prone to some stinkers. Wells I just can't trust to stay fit.
Post Nab I'll make the choice whether to drop them both bring in a premo and rookie in their place. Cheers for the input (y)

Firstly, thanks for your on going help guys.
Have gotten rid of Sinclair and moved Leuenberger from the FWD into the ruck.
I have gotten rid of Crouch too
I need 1 midfielder and 1 forward with $1,075,700.

I currently have(Premo + Mid-Pricers):

Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, J.Kennedy, Rockliff, Liberatore and O'Meara

Fwd: D.Martin, Zorko, Franklin, J.Simpkin

Who should I get?
Hey guys. I need as many answers as I can get for this. I like getting multiple opinions on things like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lids and goldy are the most expensive for their position. If they justify why, it won't be too hard to bring them in pre bye
Risky if they keep it up and you're buring trades trying to get them in around the byes. Then there's the problem of the points you've lost not having them from the start.

I'm not overly keen on Lids with his price and i reckon Goldy will go down in price.
Lids had two injury effected games. He should be priced even higher.
Goldy will go down in price at some point, but by then he would have scored 200 more points than his replacement in your team.

Leuenberger.

Pros:
Can be a premium scorer.
Has played a full season.
Can make 200k and be a good cash cow.
Has good job security and will be the dominant ruckman.
Is a Ruck/Forward so could be played in the forward line as a cover for the rucks (let's face it, no ruckman play all 22 games and you either need to cop a zero, trade or have a F/R cover)

Cons:
Injury prone.
May not make enough to be a worthy cash cow.
Jamaar/McKernan could eat into his scoring potential.
Will get injured so wont be able to provide cover when we need it anyways.
Will probably be forced to burn a trade on him, either to upgrade or downgrade.

IMO, he will play 15 games with a couple small injuries, average close to 90, and be unavailable the one time I need him to cover a Premium ruck. However, he will make enough to be a good cash cow, but with Liber and Crouch priced similarly, I don't think he's ultimately worth it. If I was picking him if would be as a long term f7/r3, putting up solid points as a f4/5 in the mean time.

Leuenberger.

Pros:
Can be a premium scorer.
Is a Ruck/Forward so could be played in the forward line as a cover for the rucks (let's face it, no ruckman play all 22 games and you either need to cop a zero, trade or have a F/R cover)

Cons:
Injury prone.

IMO, he will play 15 games with a couple small injuries, average close to 90, and be unavailable the one time I need him to cover a Premium ruck. However, he will make enough to be a good cash cow, but with Liber and Crouch priced similarly, I don't think he's ultimately worth it. If I was picking him if would be as a long term f7/r3, putting up solid points as a f4/5 in the mean time.

You lost me at will be the dominant ruckman

number 1 ruckman for essendon :p I'll work on my terminology haha

Mckernan would be a better option imo.

They have no-one to tap the ball too so hit outs are irrelevant
Around the ground McKernan mite get 15+ possessions, looney mite get 10.

Did like your analysis tho

Leuenberger.

Pros:
Can be a premium scorer.

Cons:
Injury prone.

LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back