Thoughts would be appreciated, backline and foward line my big concerns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too many premos, needs more midpricers.

Take two
View attachment 211374View attachment 211375

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sarcasm-y-u-no-work-on-internet.jpg

The way I look at picking Crouch:

Is he going to make as much cash as a rookie? If yes, then he's fine to pick and if no, then pick a rookie.

IMO he will make 200k and I'm happy with that for a cash cow.

If he averages ~100 he'll be one of your last upgrades.

If he averages 105, he's a keeper.
How much does he need to average to get to $500k?

Best team I've seen in here so far. Don't like the Tippett pick though.

Interestingly he enough he averaged 117 in the last 8 matches of 2015 when he was spending a lot of time in the ruck. Wouldn't pick him if it looks like he's going to be a permanent forward but if he's going to ruck again, I reckon he creates interest with the R/F option.

My latest version
I've looked at each of the three F/R $102k options and I dislike Wyatt and Chol (Rich). Collingwood plays too early in too many of the first 8 rounds to make use as a loophole unfortunately. Loersch (GCS) plays a lot more of mid-round matches, and while late on Sunday would be better, will at least give some better options for a loophole.

I've never liked the 200-300k price zone. Past experience has taught me to steer clear. You have 3 players in this range which is 3 too many for my liking. Not truly mid-price yet also certainly not rookie priced.

If I was going to pick a player in the 200-300k, it would be Jed Anderson. Did you consider him?

I've looked at each of the three F/R $102k options and I dislike Wyatt the most. Collingwood plays too early in too many of the first 8 rounds to make use as a loophole unfortunately. Loersch (GCS) plays a lot more of mid-round matches, and while late on Sunday would be better, will at least give some better options for a loophole.

I've never liked the 200-300k price zone. Past experience has taught me to steer clear. You have 3 players in this range which is 3 too many for my liking. Not truly mid-price yet also certainly not rookie priced.

If I was going to pick a player in the 200-300k, it would be Jed Anderson. Did you consider him?

Lyons could become Jed or even Simpkin, i dont rate Jed fwiw - nab may prove differently

F/R - just grabbed wyatt for the time being, have cash left over so he could become someone else - I'm against Loersch as that removes GAJ as a VC option

I'm getting keen on Frost

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lyons could become Jed or even Simpkin, i dont rate Jed fwiw - nab may prove differently

F/R - just grabbed wyatt for the time being, have cash left over so he could become someone else - I'm against Loersch as that removes GAJ as a VC option

I'm getting keen on Frost
Any love for Liam Duggan instead of Jed?

I rate both highly FWIW.

Leuenberger.

Pros:
Can be a premium scorer.
Has played a full season.
Can make 200k and be a good cash cow.
Has good job security and will be the dominant ruckman.
Is a Ruck/Forward so could be played in the forward line as a cover for the rucks (let's face it, no ruckman play all 22 games and you either need to cop a zero, trade or have a F/R cover)

Cons:
Injury prone.
May not make enough to be a worthy cash cow.
Jamaar/McKernan could eat into his scoring potential.
Will get injured so wont be able to provide cover when we need it anyways.
Will probably be forced to burn a trade on him, either to upgrade or downgrade.

IMO, he will play 15 games with a couple small injuries, average close to 90, and be unavailable the one time I need him to cover a Premium ruck. However, he will make enough to be a good cash cow, but with Liber and Crouch priced similarly, I don't think he's ultimately worth it. If I was picking him if would be as a long term f7/r3, putting up solid points as a f4/5 in the mean time.
Will it be like this tho now that jmar got signed by bombers? Jmar better then Leuy IMO

Will it be like this tho now that jmar got signed by bombers? Jmar better then Leuy IMO
They have meetings for your kind of problem.
I believe it is a 12 step program and you get a sponsor and everything.
You should check it out, I hear it can help. The below link has all the meeting locations and times.
http://aatimes.org.au/meetings/

Spend your leftover cash on Mumford -> Goldstein

Mumford hasn't played a full season, EVER.
Agreed. Need Goldy. I'd get there by downgrading Sinclair.
I don't like the Sinclair selection (or Tippett. I believe they will just about split time in the ruck rendering both SC irrelevant) but I know others do.
If you want to maintain your R/F link, keep an eye on Frost as a possible cheap replacement.

Anyone know what percentage of teams shiel is in thought he would have been somewhat of pod but reading through most teams on here he is in the majority. Not sure if it's just the forum that has love for him or everyone

View attachment 211383
View attachment 211384

Only 30k left.

Have gone full GnRs.

Having no ruck coverage is bothering me.

That's a bloody solid team. Not too much to worry about if your biggest concern is not having ruck coverage when you have two of the most reliable rucks going. (Sandi had a bad stretch but was good last year and has had a great preseason)

You could have, Luey, Libba, Crouch, JOM, Bird, Wells etc and be absolutley shitting your pants all year.
Some teams even have unknowns like Anderson, Simpkin, Merrett's, Lobbe on top of injury prone players. :drunk:

The only thing you could do to make yourself feel better is turn Buddy in to CalSinc. You could also go a rub n tug or a session down at the pub but you still wont have ruck back up. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back