SC 2016 - My Team (Pre-NAB Challenge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Smiths price 'drops' to 450k he's made you 40k.

What I meant was,
IF he starts well and IF he looks like averaging 90+ and being a keeper, there will likely be an opportunity for others who didn't start with him to pick him up at 450k. (Cost to them= 40k)

If you start with him it's to be a season long keeper so the $ he makes is irrelevant. The risk is that he only averages 80-odd and needs to be upgraded. (Cost to you= a trade)

Yeah I'm
Anyone know how to join multiple leagues in both draft and classic? Shits me how often they change this site every year...
I'm the same not a fan of the new layout but glad it's back!
And same wondering if you can join multiple draft leagues as I couldn't last year but could the year before, and yes should be able to join 5 normal supercoach leagues just a matter of finding out how with this set up

first up team. very much speculating with leuey at the moment. if crap in NAB will downgrade a mid and go premo there. got $211k in the bank so plenty to play with.

SC.png

first up team. very much speculating with leuey at the moment. if crap in NAB will downgrade a mid and go premo there. got $211k in the bank so plenty to play with.

View attachment 210965
If you are going to run with Leuenberger, consider putting him at F4 instead of R2. That way you will open up F/R link.
If you spend the extra 200k in hand and upgrade Conca you should get a decent second ruck keeper for 500k.

A) His best season is a 93 average, second best is 76, so is far from a proven premo & he is very inconsistent. The gap between his good games and bad games is too big. Even if he starts the year well, he will most likely throw in a 40 or 50 and drop down to 450k anyway. I'd rather wait & see with him as he might not be a keeper.

B) I haven't seen his explanation for a premo heavy defence, and he didn't state the reason in his team post. I'm not going to go through the posting history of everyone who posts a team before I give my opinion/advice.

Drop down to 450k? LOL Smith's opening price is 415k

It's not like he's played 8-9 seasons and only had one 90+ season. Last year was only his 5th season. His SC trajectory was steadily going up each year. 50, 65, 76, 94, started 2015 with a bang with 2x100+ scores, then got injured and then played out of position for the rest of the year where he looked mostly lost and NQR for the most part. 2014 wasn't a spike year as you suggest, more like 2015 was an outlier low season. If he's healthy and he moves back to his best position on the HB flank as outlined by Adelaide already, he should be good to bounce back to a 90+ average. No sound reason why he won't be a top 10 defender this year, priced at 77 is most definitely unders.

I don't know if it is the 50 odd beers and total of 6 hours sleep I had from the weekend golf trip, but this new layout is making me nauseous.

My first team in color, and first version with Buddy. I'm hoping the mature agers like Marcon and Beech get an early call up :rainbow:

View attachment 210958
Love the defense and overall, however i think Mathieson should play before Keays as i have been told. Martin over Nic Nat as well would be my opinion

It's not like he's played 8-9 seasons and only had one 90+ season. Last year was only his 5th season. His SC trajectory was steadily going up each year. 50, 65, 76, 94, started 2015 with a bang with 2x100+ scores, then got injured and then played out of position for the rest of the year where he looked mostly lost and NQR for the most part. 2014 wasn't a spike year as you suggest, more like 2015 was an outlier low season. If he's healthy and he moves back to his best position on the HB flank as outlined by Adelaide already, he should be good to bounce back to a 90+ average. No sound reason why he won't be a top 10 defender this year, priced at 77 is most definitely unders.

I can see both sides of the argument with Smith. I think you've detailed explained the positives well, but I don't think there's any doubt that he's a scary prospect. I've got him in at the moment but if I commit to starting him, I'm under no illusion that the road will have bumps. Prone to being tagged a bit also.

Does anyone else feel like this has been the longest offseason of no footy ever ?
It's just dragged on..

I can see both sides of the argument with Smith. I think you've detailed explained the positives well, but I don't think there's any doubt that he's a scary prospect. I've got him in at the moment but if I commit to starting him, I'm under no illusion that the road will have bumps. Prone to being tagged a bit also.

He does come with some risk, as do most of the top non midfielder type defenders, only most of them are priced at more than 415k

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've already explained this.

IF he starts well and IF he looks like averaging 90+ and being a keeper, there will likely be an opportunity for others who didn't start with him to pick him up at 450k. (Cost to them= 40k)

If you start with him it's to be a season long keeper so the $ he makes is irrelevant. The risk is that he only averages 80-odd and needs to be upgraded. (Cost to you= a trade)

As for the rest of your post,
I didn't suggest 2014 was a 'spike year', those are your words. I merely pointed out that fact that he has only had one good season. There is a chance he will average 90+ and be a keeper, absolutely, but there is a lot more risk to him than you are suggesting. Only 4 scores of 100+ last year. Sure the concussion would have effected him early in the season but he put up some poor scores in the second half of the year (when playing on a HBF too).

I think he meant if Smith started well (i.e. jumping up to $475k+), he would most likely throw in a 40 or 50 to drop back down to $450k.

He would also have been averaging 90+ for 6-7 games to get to 475k. What his price rises to or drops down to or even if he throws in a few 40-50's during the year (as non midfielder defenders pretty much all do a few times a year) is mostly irrelevant if you start with him and he averages 90+ from 20+ games.

Yes, I saw it the first time. You talk so much shit, it's hard to believe that you finished top 600 for the last 6 consecutive years. :drunk:

An opinion different to yours, backed up by facts = shit?

Okay mate. Your response is a reflection of your own character, not mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back