SC 2016 - My Team (Pre-NAB Challenge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does the 200k come from? It's not going to come from downgrading one rookie at that time of year. You'd have to either downgrade an underperforming premo (which ideally you don't even have) (two trades in total), downgrade two rookies prematurely (three trades in total) or leave 200k in your bank for 4 or 5 weeks from the start of the year, meaning you're a premo short in your initial team (one trade in total)

Goldy averaged 116 against his first four opponents last year, including a game influenced by illness. Luenberger has only ever played three full years in his life. Two of them were 95 plus, the other was 68. His best average in an injury affected year is 70 from three games

So very best scenario using Luey as a step to Goldy would cost you 15 points a game for 4 to 5 weeks (60-75 points) as well as either two trades stunting further cash production, prematurely trading a mid premo that has started slow or 200k in your starting side, which is the difference between starting a premo and a mid priced gamble

Worst case scenario Goldy starts with a 130 average and Luey either gets injured round 1 or pushes out 60 scores like last year.

I did the exact same thing with TBC last year and it backfired. If you want to risk Luey that's fine, he has shown he can score well in full seasons and a fresh new start at a new club and whatnot. But if you want to get him to Goldy it won't be until after Goldy's scores from the first 4 games are out of his system
Great argument, and thanks for your response - really puts things in perspective. Fortunately, I was one of the few who didn't go with TBC last year and steamrolled those in my league who had him; should probably learn from their mistake. Regardless, rucks have screwed me over a lot in recent years, so a R/F swing is crucial for me this year. May have to go either Sinclair if he looks to be #1 ruck, or if not, Tippet.

Any feedback is appreciated :thumbsu:

14 solid keepers IMO

33k left over for rookie corrections

DEF:
Shaw, Laird, KK, Yeo, Brown (ess), Byrne, Wagner & Hartley

MID:
Fyfe, Pendles, Ablett, Rockliff, Libba, Anderson, Gresham, Gore, Keays, Menagola & Cunningham

RUCK:
Goldstein, Stefan & Bray Wyatt

FWD:
Deledio, Martin, Wingard, Nakia, Kerridge, Petracca, Yarran & Adams

Bray wyatt- brilliant selection! ;)

I like it mate, not dissimilar to mine. I'm interested in yeo, see if he can back up last year.

Lack of Danger is interesting to me, Have a feeling he's gonna smash it this season. 119+ again.

Absolute lock for me, at the expense of Pendles. Even if he starts a tad slow (which he has been known to do occasionally) I fully expect him to be in the top 5 scorers overall for the year (injuries aside of course)

Get on him!

Just finished up putting this side together. couldn't squeeze goldy in but will definitely change before round 1. some feedback would be appreciated :)
(wish i could figure out how to bloody screenshot my team!!)

BACKS: Laird, KK, E Wood, Mcgovern, M Brown (WCE), Wagner. INT: Hartley, Adams

MIDS: Gaz, Danger, Fyfe, Beams, J Kennedy, Gresham, Kerridge, Gore INT: Morabito, Cunighman, Keays

RUCKS: Stef, Nic Nat & Wyatt

FWDS: Dusty, S Edwards, Merrett, Stringer, Petracca, M Brown (ESS) INT: Eades, Yarran

$9,400 leftover.

Also shows a projected score of 1838 if anyone cares about that sorta thing.

It's a pretty good start. Having Edwards, Merrett and Stringer in your forward line is risky. You want to upgrade on to a proven premo. No point taking too many risks in the forward line when there's just so many good options to start with.

You backline is full of risks but much better risks than the forward line one IMO.

Rucks and mids and sweet. Drop one of the fowards to a rookie and upgrade the other to a premo.
I'd consider doing the same in the back line.

Rucks and mids and sweet. Drop one of the fowards to a rookie and upgrade the other to a premo. I'd consider doing the same in the back line.[/QUOTE said:
Thanks for the feedback. i just changed a couple of things, Stringer and Edwards out for C Curnow and Zorko, this allowed me to upgrade Mcgovern to Shaw in DEF. Happy with those changes already!

DEF = H.Shaw/ M.Boyd/ A.Rance/ J.Bartel/ B.Smith/ M.Brown (J.Wagner/ M.Hartley)

MID = GAJ/ Pendles/ JPK/ P.Hanley/ Libba/ S.Kerridge/ C.Petracca/ J.Polkinghorne (B.Keays/ S.Menegola/ A.Marcon)

RUCK = NicNat/ S.Martin

FWD = D.Martin/ M.Barlow/ Dahlhaus/ D.Wells/ N.Cockatoo/ S.Yarran (Y.Eades/ M.Adams)

Critiques?
Good side. Alot comes down to personal preference with some guys, but my concerns would be Hanley & Wells. If Hanley had M/D DPP I'd slot him him straight away, but I don't think he cuts it as a mid only. I don't see him in the top 20-30 come the end of the year. Granted he can score big on his day, but he's also prone to some stinkers. Wells I just can't trust to stay fit.

Any feedback is appreciated :thumbsu:

14 solid keepers IMO

33k left over for rookie corrections

DEF:
Shaw, Laird, KK, Yeo, Brown (ess), Byrne, Wagner & Hartley

MID:
Fyfe, Pendles, Ablett, Rockliff, Libba, Anderson, Gresham, Gore, Keays, Menagola & Cunningham

RUCK:
Goldstein, Stefan & Bray Wyatt

FWD:
Deledio, Martin, Wingard, Nakia, Kerridge, Petracca, Yarran & Adams
Strong side, Yeo a wait and see, and the rest all solid keepers.
Just a question I noticed you don't have Bartel, any reason why?

Strong side, Yeo a wait and see, and the rest all solid keepers.
Just a question I noticed you don't have Bartel, any reason why?
Age & getting rested scares me.

Cats board not 100% sold on Jimmy this year either doesn't help.

Thanks for the feedback :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its not without risk. Plenty of mid pricers. I'd be a bit scared personally taking in all 3 of Libba, JOM and Polec. I couldn't justify spending that much on Crowley either (I realise he could also be swapped out to any of the rookies.) Bruest is interesting. I've stayed away from Hawthorn players as they tend to share it around so much. I'm not sure if he's got much improvement in him. I don't like that price range in the forwards to be honest

Thoughts? Gone risky in the mid but will watch closely during NAB Cup

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-02 at 6.32.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-02 at 6.32.34 PM.png
    122.4 KB · Views: 10
Do you think I should spend any of the leftover cash? I'm finding it's an awkward amount, not enough to upgrade a rookie to a premium.
it is an awkward amount.. But still a good position to be in..

I would get the very best premiums in for a start, you've already got Heater & Goldy, all you need is Fyfe & Lids IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back