SC 2016 - My Team (Pre-NAB Challenge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a stretch calling Crouch & O'Meara premiums, the only true fallen premium is Libba who has averaged 106 & 110 in the past.

Just my 2 cents.

Not at this point. But if they both stay injury free theres no reason why the wont average 100

Fyfe, Danger, GAJ are all risks themselves. They could struggle a lot more compared to last season. Lids and Dusty and Goldy and Shaw are good, definitely worthy of a spot but ive replaced them with some younger premiums. Could be a hit or miss but ill just see how it goes over the NAB Cup period.
Any reason why you think Fyfe/Danger/GAJ will struggle compared to last season? More than likely they will go just as well, imo you'd want to have at least one of those guys or Pendles in your side.

Not at this point. But if they both stay injury free theres no reason why the wont average 100

100 av means

Not top 30 mid

Trade and cash required

= selection fail imvho

Hello all long time supercoach player, first time poster. Looking to try and crack top 500 this year after just missing out. I would love any feedback especially with the forwards as I don't quite feel happy about them. Have 70k leftover and obviously rookies aren't 100% correct yet.

DEF- Shaw, McVeigh, Smith, Malceski, Brown (ess), Collins (wbd) [Byrne, Collins (fre)]

MID - Fyfe, Pendles, GAJ, Rocky, Libba, Hopper, Gresham, Freeman [Keays, Menegola, Mathieson]

RUCK - Godly, Stef [Loersch]

FWD - Lids, Dusty, Dahl, Duggan, Kerridge, Petracca [Philips, Yarran]
Welcome to bigfooty
Very nice team. Same structure as my team just a few different players. I think your forward line is fine. I have Duggan in my team and as long he plays well in NAB and is named for round 1 he should be ok

View attachment 211323

Not sold on defence. Considering I want to end up with Goldy at some stage is it pointless having nicnat as r2 when i could have Lobbe and some change to bring in Aish at d4 for example or a z. williams type if he lives up to the hype??
Thoughts on team cheers

IMO, yes it is. There be enough opportunities for sideways trades during the season, without committing to one before you start.

Thinking of dropping Shaw to Laird, and upgrading Pendles to Fyfe.

Every chance Shaw will drop average and Laird will match him IMO, whilst Treloar could steal points from Pendles along with Williams.

Thoughts?

Backline:
Laird, Bartel, KK, Malceski, Rookies

Mid:
Fyfe, Danger, GAJ, Rocky, Libba, Crouch, Rookies

Have $95k to upgrade Malceski if Yeo/Docherty or someone similar dominates NAB.

Any reason why you think Fyfe/Danger/GAJ will struggle compared to last season? More than likely they will go just as well, imo you'd want to have at least one of those guys or Pendles in your side.

Fyfe and GAJ- injury, fyfe will be fine but can't see him getting higher than 670k. will get him later though. unsure about GAJ though.
Dangerfield- New side, new midfield with more talent imo. more competition for points. Would rather someone else.

Pretty solid. After the last 2 seasons I can't bring myself to pick Mumford again though

yeah I'd obviously like Goldy or someone like that, but I want a consistent ruckman that I can keep for the majority of the year. I've had way too many problems in the past with not picking 2 premiums *cough* bellchambers *cough*

More than happy to be proven wrong on this, but I don't recall any premo that has missed an entire year of footy coming back and recording a career high SC average first year back.

Just wanting some thoughts on my team. Be as harsh as you want as long as it's constructive.

View attachment 211325
You've got a pretty good spread on guns and potentials but the extra premo mid robs your forward and backline and also any chance of starting with Goldy.
Drop one out and upgrade everywhere else and see what you think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah I'd obviously like Goldy or someone like that, but I want a consistent ruckman that I can keep for the majority of the year. I've had way too many problems in the past with not picking 2 premiums *cough* bellchambers *cough*

I agree in theory, but after having Mumford and having to trade him out both last year and the year before, I just dont think he's the "consistent ruckman that I keep for the majority of the year". His scoring ceiling his huge. Almost as big as his surgeon's bills;)

Any feedback is appreciated :thumbsu:

14 solid keepers IMO

33k left over for rookie corrections

DEF:
Shaw, Laird, KK, Yeo, Brown (ess), Byrne, Wagner & Hartley

MID:
Fyfe, Pendles, Ablett, Rockliff, Libba, Anderson, Gresham, Gore, Keays, Menagola & Cunningham

RUCK:
Goldstein, Stefan & Bray Wyatt

FWD:
Deledio, Martin, Wingard, Nakia, Kerridge, Petracca, Yarran & Adams
Good team like the midfield
My only concern would be Yeo in defence just unsure what his role is going to be. Monitor his NAB performance

Good team like the midfield
My only concern would be Yeo in defence just unsure what his role is going to be. Monitor his NAB performance
Cheers bud :thumbsu:

I'm considering the following players for my D4: Yeo/Smith/Gov/Bartel

Nab will obviously help.

View attachment 211312
Ward, Williams and Murphy are the only spots that keep changing in this. Fairly set going into NAB Cup barring injury. Just putting here so I can fiddle with my team. Feel free to comment/ask questions.
I'm not sold on Murphy and Ward I think there's better value around. Murphy to Yeo and Ward to Bont. Then could upgrade Sloan to Pendles. Although you'll probably want to keep Sloan. So perhaps use extra $ to upgrade Williams.

The way I look at picking Crouch:

Is he going to make as much cash as a rookie? If yes, then he's fine to pick and if no, then pick a rookie.

IMO he will make 200k and I'm happy with that for a cash cow.

If he averages ~100 he'll be one of your last upgrades.

If he averages 105, he's a keeper.

Thoughts appreciated. Have 125k left over. Not sure about the Blicavs pick. Most of that budget will go to rookie upgrades as necessary hopefully. number 2.PNG

number 1.PNG

Now there's a team you can start your season with.:thumbsu:

Plenty of top 3 players of their lines. A few too many midpricers but you will soon know the ones you want to go with when NAB cup rolls around.

Simpkin I don't mind. He kept his fitness unlike the other Essendon top ups and is FWD selcetable. Rampe is a good gutsy pick. Like Sinclair as a cheaper option in the ruck but it means you could probally go without Looneyburger and use the extra cash somewhere else.

With 200k of your 300k and dropping Luey or Crouch/JOM to a rookie you could upgrade Sinclair to Goldy or one of Crouch/JOM up to a Wines etc.

Now bring on NAB.:rainbow:
Firstly, thanks for your on going help guys.
Have gotten rid of Sinclair and moved Leuenberger from the FWD into the ruck.
I have gotten rid of Crouch too
I need 1 midfielder and 1 forward with $1,075,700.

I currently have(Premo + Mid-Pricers):

Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, J.Kennedy, Rockliff, Liberatore and O'Meara

Fwd: D.Martin, Zorko, Franklin, J.Simpkin

Who should I get?

View attachment 211323

Not sold on defence. Considering I want to end up with Goldy at some stage is it pointless having nicnat as r2 when i could have Lobbe and some change to bring in Aish at d4 for example or a z. williams type if he lives up to the hype??
Thoughts on team cheers
If you don't start with Goldy, Martin and Naitanui is a pretty good set and forget ruck set up.
Need to ask yourself will the money you save going NicNat to Lobbe return you the points you'll lose and the trade you'll need to end the year with 2 premo rucks.
Spend that money right and you could end up in front but if it doesn't work out for you or Lobbe doesn't average 100 plus then you're bleeding point and require a trade.

Your midfield is stacked and your forward line is strong. Personally I'd turn a mid premo into a rookie and upgrade your backline.

You've got a pretty good spread on guns and potentials but the extra premo mid robs your forward and backline and also any chance of starting with Goldy.
Drop one out and upgrade everywhere else and see what you think.

Yeah I'd advise against doing what I did, but this year none of the defenders or forwards really jumped out at me. I also find it harder to predict which defenders for example will do well (see McDonald and Houli last year), so I can always get them when my cash cows give me some money. Plus now I don't really have to change my midfield for a few months

We don't say that name around these traps.

Whoops, my bad. :p

I agree in theory, but after having Mumford and having to trade him out both last year and the year before, I just dont think he's the "consistent ruckman that I keep for the majority of the year". His scoring ceiling his huge. Almost as big as his surgeon's bills;)

I kept my eye on him last year and he seemed to go alright. You clearly know more than I do however, so I'll look into it - thanks

The problem with having them average 100 is that they will be losing 15-20 per game to the super premos. That's 330-440pts difference by the end of the season.

The midpricers will give you a jump start on the GnRs strategy but you will have to burn more trades to have a competitive side in the latter rounds.

The way I look at picking Crouch:

Is he going to make as much cash as a rookie? If yes, then he's fine to pick and if no, then pick a rookie.

IMO he will make 200k and I'm happy with that for a cash cow.

If he averages ~100 he'll be one of your last upgrades.

If he averages 105, he's a keeper.
Too many ifs for me. Every scenario is a different risk factor.

Biggest one is if he plays more than 14 games, which he has never done before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back