SC 2016 - My Team (Pre-NAB Challenge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rookies are pending of course but I think I might start with something like this. Bartel and Buddy are a bit risky this year but both seem like good value for money. My other premiums are all very expensive, but I want the best. I still have some concern about cash generation, especially in defence but hopefully a few defensive rookies will perform well during the NAB cup to allow for this structure.

View attachment 211835

Needs more rookies on the field. ;)

View attachment 211846

1st team for 2016, Thoughts??

i have $117 500 left over in the war chest

With bartel's age and recent injuries, i would swap him out for another premo using up some of the $177500.

Paul seedsmen is also a bit risky but a decent pod with his amazing anzac day clash.

Tom Mitchell might also go back to tagging this year after he was given more freedom in certain games in 2015.

I like your rucks alot and if you ever need more cash trade nit nat down for lobe for $200,000 extra. Lobbe averaged above 100 in 2014 but with ryder he dropped significantly. Ryder being out this year he will hopefully go back to his best!

I have said before I don't like KK and yeo n the same backline. But I understand it if you think they will have breakout years. Your team has risks on every line. No GAJ or pendlebury makes your mids look a little light. Its actually hard to see where you have spent all your cash. In my opinion Lobbe will be last years TBC early days people think its a great pick but everyone will end up regretting it when he averages 85.

Thanks, i think the best option is to probably restart.

Can't access Supercoach from my work computer, but my team is:

DEF
Shaw, Boyd, Docherty (premium)
Francis, Byrne, Brown, Collins, Hibberd (rookies)

MID
Ablett, Selwood, Rockliff, Cripps (premium)
Liberatore, O'Meara (mid-price)
Parish, Morabito, Petracca, Cuningham, Mathieson (rookies/cheapies)

RUCK
Goldstein, Mumford (premium)
Currie (cheapie)

FWD
Deledio, Dahlhaus, N. Riewoldt (premium)
D. Menzel (mid-price)
B. Kennedy, Kerridge, Hipwood, Hiscox (rookies/cheapies)

The rookies are very subject to change obviously, but I think there are a few in there very likely to play early on. This leaves still $100k in the bank and has two mid-priced midfielders who are a shoe-in to improve their price at a mimimum and are a chance to just be locked in depending on how they go.

Would appreciate any thoughts on the structure!

Edit: I haven't seen a lot of people use D. Menzel, but I have the feeling he could be slotting straight into Stevie J's role of playing forward with time in the midfield. At a fairly low price, is he a decent point of difference to look at? I think it could pay off.
Structure wise consider that you only have 10 keepers. By betting on guys like Menzel, JOM, Libba (safe bet), Docherty and Riewoldt you rob yourself of the extra premo of two and also an extra rookie or two.

If you're happy with a more midpriced structure and back those players in go for it, because it can work out well for you, especially if the rookies faulter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has he been sleeping with Paige or some shit.

"hey honey after I pull out lets go through our teams. Together we're unstoppable"

Seriously, the worst SC advice that I've ever read. :drunk:

I feel compelled to quote the entire article here for those that are intelligent enough not to have paid for a HUN digital subscription. :rainbow:

-----------------------------------
YOU can’t win a premiership in Round 1.

And you will never win your Supercoach league if you pick a side that won’t improve much from Round 1.

Of course it seems almost every Supercoach will select the likes of Darcy Parish and Sam Kerridge, players so cheap they have to rise in price.

But almost without exception my Supercoach strategy is about picking players with real upside.

It’s why you won’t see players like Scott Pendlebury and Todd Goldstein in my side.

What more do those stars have to give?

In a game with a salary cap, where prudent spending is the name of the game, I would much prefer to spend smart.

Even if that means taking a few players in the mid-300K price range, an awkward price in this game.

It’s why I have taken Matthew Lobbe, Jake Stringer, Nick Vlaustin and will consider Patrick Cripps as the season goes on.

The boffins who sweat over bubble boys and cash cows will always beat you if you pick the same side as them.

They are too fastidious, too tapped-in to price fluctuations.

I get more satisfaction from seeing a player like Nick Malceski bounce back and be a fixture in my side all year.

If you can lock a premium player in for only mid-300s, it’s a find.

That’s why Libba is a lock for me.

I think G Ablett will have a career year. He is desperate to bounce back from injury and prove a few of the doubters wrong

Patrick Dangerfield says Nakia Cockatoo is flying and that’s a good enough endorsement for me. And everyone will need the Mitch Browns.

Now, time to watch the NAB Challenge to see a couple of the kids flourish.

I’ll be back to finalise my squad then."

:$:confused::D:eek::oops:o_O:rolleyes::cry::drunk::rainbow:

GCS play a lot of Saturday night or Saturday twilight games in the first 9 rounds, but not many (any)? Sunday fixtures.
It opens the possibility of using a GCS player for VC/loophole action, but there are better clubs with more late Sunday fixtures in the early rounds.

Compared to Richmond (really bad, lots of early Friday night games or early Saturday games) and Collingwood (also bad, not quite as bad as Richmond though), Gold Coast have the "better" early fixture, because they have more mid-weekend games. So of the three F/R 102k ruck options, the GCS one (Loersch) is a slightly better option.

Obviously Loersch/Ablett and Wyatt/Pendlebury don't work in any case.

You could also just pick a 102k ruck that doesn't have DPP though, and have a better loophole prospect across the first 8 rounds or so.

By about Round 6-8, most teams will have at least one of their 30 players who is not playing each week due to either injury or form, so ensuring that your R3 is available for loophole becomes less important about around Round 9.
One of the M. Kings from Melbourne is the go.
Max king is new and on the rookie list. Neither have played a game. Both R/F and 117k. Go ya hardest.

Seriously, the worst SC advice that I've ever read. :drunk:

I feel compelled to quote the entire article here for those that are intelligent enough not to have paid for a HUN digital subscription. :rainbow:

-----------------------------------
YOU can’t win a premiership in Round 1.

And you will never win your Supercoach league if you pick a side that won’t improve much from Round 1.

Of course it seems almost every Supercoach will select the likes of Darcy Parish and Sam Kerridge, players so cheap they have to rise in price.

But almost without exception my Supercoach strategy is about picking players with real upside.

It’s why you won’t see players like Scott Pendlebury and Todd Goldstein in my side.

What more do those stars have to give?

In a game with a salary cap, where prudent spending is the name of the game, I would much prefer to spend smart.

Even if that means taking a few players in the mid-300K price range, an awkward price in this game.

It’s why I have taken Matthew Lobbe, Jake Stringer, Nick Vlaustin and will consider Patrick Cripps as the season goes on.

The boffins who sweat over bubble boys and cash cows will always beat you if you pick the same side as them.

They are too fastidious, too tapped-in to price fluctuations.

I get more satisfaction from seeing a player like Nick Malceski bounce back and be a fixture in my side all year.

If you can lock a premium player in for only mid-300s, it’s a find.

That’s why Libba is a lock for me.

I think G Ablett will have a career year. He is desperate to bounce back from injury and prove a few of the doubters wrong

Patrick Dangerfield says Nakia Cockatoo is flying and that’s a good enough endorsement for me. And everyone will need the Mitch Browns.

Now, time to watch the NAB Challenge to see a couple of the kids flourish.

I’ll be back to finalise my squad then."

I like this bit the best.

He puts Lobbe, Stringer, Vlaustin ahead of Cripps.
That's like taking the hooker from down the road, on her way back from a busy night at work, over Miranda Kerr.

supercoach1_zpsszwe84ib.jpg.html

Thoughts guys?
If its rubbish let me now, its just a quick team
There is $208,100 in the bank
Thanks,

http://s1172.photobucket.com/user/f...gbsdhb/media/supercoach1_zpsszwe84ib.jpg.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back