Scarlett's Top 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Riewoldt
Buddy
J Brown
Goddard
Judd

Intereting no Ablett. ? sour grapes, ? mentioning only players he has been opposed to. Wonder if Ablett would be on that list if still with us.

He points out his inclination to favour power forwards (given the role he's played striving to negate them) and then adds Goddard for his versatility.

For me, that means he made one choice of a player instead of Ablett. I put Ablett ahead of Judd but I follow the Cats; there would be plenty of people (and players) out there who would support Scarlo's view too.

Sour grapes or not, it's hardly an outlandish assessment.

Gary was great, Gary is gone.

Go Cats!

Im more excited about this.
Apart from St Kilda tonight, Scarlet's most pressing concern is the imminent birth of twin boys, due on the weekend the Cats play the Swans in Sydney in Round 4.
The CHB/FB position is secure in 18 years time.
What an unbeatable key position back half that will be.
2 Scarlett father/sons in the one year.

Apart from St Kilda tonight, Scarlet's most pressing concern is the imminent birth of twin boys, due on the weekend the Cats play the Swans in Sydney in Round 4.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:!!!!!

This is the best part of it.:D

Hang on aren't we only allowed one of them?? Oh gods its like Sophie's Choice :(

They can take the both of them. Im hoping they try for another set of twins. We need to take care of the CHF/FF position now.

Riewoldt
Buddy
J Brown
Goddard
Judd

Intereting no Ablett. ? sour grapes, ? mentioning only players he has been opposed to. Wonder if Ablett would be on that list if still with us.

Ablett at GC is unproven. Who knows how he will perform in that team. He may still be the best player in the league, or he may not hit his previous heights. Until he proves it in his new surroundings, I wouldn't put him ahead of any of the players mentioned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wow very surprising that he didn't put Ablett on his list:confused: Judd better than Gary? Toughest call of footy imo because Judd has proven he could break away from West Coast alongside Cousins and Kerr and come to Carlton who had nobody apart from a new kid named Marc Murphy and not only dominate but win their B&F a couple of seasons in a row and add another brownlow to the list. True test for Gary will be about to come but he won't have the same protection that our midfield supplied him with for years.

surly he means jack?

Love Goddard and Judd, but both have big weaknesses when compared with Gaz. Was watching the Carlton game on thursday and i still think Judd can't kick on the left nor further than 40m in a straight line on the right. Nevermind, both are champions.

If you are judging people on there most recent form than Gaz's preliminary final more than showed up his class. Still the best player in the competition for mine.

yep best player in the game but he's taken the money and walked away from his teammates and have no doubt the Geelong boys aren't happy at all and will likely do all they can to hurt him when they play each other. Not as if Gazza was well off anyways making what? $600,000-$650,000 per year as it was:eek: damn the rich just get richer don't they

Judd has proved he can star in a champion team and carry a weaker team.

Ablett has starred in a champion team. Judd has acheived more in that repect.

Lets see Gary star week in week out without champion back up and make a difference.

Love Goddard and Judd, but both have big weaknesses when compared with Gaz. Was watching the Carlton game on thursday and i still think Judd can't kick on the left nor further than 40m in a straight line on the right. Nevermind, both are champions.

If you are judging people on there most recent form than Gaz's preliminary final more than showed up his class. Still the best player in the competition for mine.

For sheer individual talent, yes. Gaz is number one.

But to me, the prelim last year showed how ineffective that brilliance can be. His individual plays in the first half added exactly nothing to our scores. We were like 1 goal to 12 or something before half time. Yeah, he shone, but the team got nothing for it.

That is how I read Scarlett's rating: most impact in big games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scarlett's Top 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back