Review Rd 21 Cats stone Crows by 5 points

Remove this Banner Ad

We all sit at different points on the positivity scale, so some will naturally see things in a darker or brighter shade than the next person.

Being able to discuss and debate the varying degrees cordially is within the grasp of most here thankfully, which makes for a good board.

It's when you see posts that deliberately denigrate players / coach / club that it becomes hard to remain civil, but then you spring their trap by responding.
You are on your game with these posts, Kudos

Thats it and it is a spur of the moment thing

When we were 22 points up against Rich in that GF in shocking weather at the Gabba ( where we had a great record ) i thought Geel were home and hosed . Iwould suggest right at that point in time there would have been alot of negative posts on the Richmond board

And i dont think it should be allowed that say in this review thread someone can quote say 20 posts that a poster has posted in the game day thread when the match is in play ,like i say that should not be allowed

Yeah, the game day thread is a metaphorical barracking from the grand stand, emotionally riding all the ebbs and flows.

I haven't participated in a game day thread for a long time and i am so much better for it
It's interesting. I (too) often can't watch live but can get into the thread. I can very quickly get a feel for what is good and not so good about what the guys are doing, and that is so helpful.

As for the constant negativity and personal crap from some, well move on as you can.

It isn't that they don't have the tank it is just what we do with our mids bar a few.. We have been doing it for a few years now

Lower tog but spread more evenly allows our mids to be fresh at all times during the game and year instead of what we were doing for years with playing Danger and Selwood 85%+ every game and them being cooked by finals.
Cooked? Did Selwood ever play a bad final?

There is ZERO chance that seasoned AFL midfielders with full AFL pre-seasons do not have a tank to run out 80% of an AFL game. That just makes no sense.

We just dont seem to rotate 3-4 of our mids, through any other position on the ground. Its Midfield or bench only.

We then rotate a couple of half back flankers through the midfield (Holmes/Stewart).

I think we need to keep our main mids in there more, and rotate the others less... And for god sake, keep Blitz out of the midfield (barring ruck) rotation..
No tank for full mid minutes is very real for younger players. Bruhn is in his fourth year now, ideally would want his minutes to increase significantly next year if he gets a good pre season in.

His field kicking had real impact too.. Turned quickly after taking his marks and kicked long and low.. That sort of kick is SO damaging and difficult to defend.
Contrast that with the way big SAV kicks the ball which appears to go higher than it does forward..
Good call. Yeah, it's nice to see him doing these other things really well that make for a well-rounded forward too. He's had a couple of good mentors in Jezza and Hawk.

No tank for full mid minutes is very real for younger players. Bruhn is in his fourth year now, ideally would want his minutes to increase significantly next year if he gets a good pre season in.
This is a furphy... Just look at the 2km time trial results from the Draft Combine.

Last years winner was 5:48.. Ethan Read, the Gold Coast Ruckman came in at 5:56.
Our very own Connor O'Sullivan clocked in 8th at 6:11.

These are INCREDIBLE times.

In Bruhn's draft year, he came in at 6:40, Errol Goulden was at 6:32 - the 10th best time was 6:30, so not too far off top 10.

With 4 years in the AFL system, expect that time to have reduced..

Oh, by the way, 2022 pre-season 2km time trial saw Nick Daicos clock in at 6:32..

There are VERY few drafteee's not fit enough to run out full AFL games..

This is a furphy... Just look at the 2km time trial results from the Draft Combine.

Last years winner was 5:48.. Ethan Read, the Gold Coast Ruckman came in at 5:56.
Our very own Connor O'Sullivan clocked in 8th at 6:11.

These are INCREDIBLE times.

In Bruhn's draft year, he came in at 6:40, Errol Goulden was at 6:32 - the 10th best time was 6:30, so not too far off top 10.

With 4 years in the AFL system, expect that time to have reduced..

Oh, by the way, 2022 pre-season 2km time trial saw Nick Daicos clock in at 6:32..

There are VERY few drafteee's not fit enough to run out full AFL games..
You realise though that an afl game means running 12km with repeat sprints thrown in not 2kms of 11km/hr consistent running though right?

When will people learn that we manage the minutes of our mids it is why we have players playing between 55% and 80% tog
If you look at all the games between 2022 and now you will see a huge pattern of game time for most mids as we prioritize freshness for the whole game and season.

Gone are the days of us playing Danger, Selwood, Duncan, Guthrie, Gola 85%+ tog every game.

When will people learn that we manage the minutes of our mids it is why we have players playing between 55% and 80% tog
If you look at all the games between 2022 and now you will see a huge pattern of game time for most mids as we prioritize freshness for the whole game and season.

Gone are the days of us playing Danger, Selwood, Duncan, Guthrie, Gola 85%+ tog every game.
My memory could be failing me here but I reckon Guthrie used to average low minutes before maybe 2019?

You realise though that an afl game means running 12km with repeat sprints thrown in not 2kms of 11km/hr consistent running though right?
You do realise that the 2km time trial is part of the testing as it is a really good way of determining how fit the players are right?

And running 2km in 6 minutes equates to 20kph?
11km/hr is a very slow jog, 5:30min kms...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2km time trail is almost pointless when looking at players who run 12-16km per game and more than 2km in the last quarter alone whilst buggered from the first 3 quarters.

Does it show something sure just like agility tests and jumping tests etc do but it isn't the be all end all
Not at all pointless... Its a VERY good indicator of overall fitness, especially if you can maintain a consistent time from start to finish..

The 2km trial not only shows overall fitness, but it shows a players ability to push through with the immense pain running at 19-20KPH+ for 6 minutes straight causes..

If you area mid trotting in 2km at 7:30 minutes then you have a LONG way to go to get to AFL level.

Not at all pointless... Its a VERY good indicator of overall fitness, especially if you can maintain a consistent time from start to finish..

The 2km trial not only shows overall fitness, but it shows a players ability to push through with the immense pain running at 19-20KPH+ for 6 minutes straight causes..

If you area mid trotting in 2km at 7:30 minutes then you have a LONG way to go to get to AFL level.

The difference is being fit to run a solitary burst of 2kms on any given day, and having to run SIX such bursts, inside 2 hours, whilst being bashed from pillar to post.

Had more than hamstring tightness after the game, I was legless
I Love Lucy Party GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Rd 21 Cats stone Crows by 5 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back