Scarlett's Top 5

Remove this Banner Ad

For sheer individual talent, yes. Gaz is number one.

But to me, the prelim last year showed how ineffective that brilliance can be. His individual plays in the first half added exactly nothing to our scores. We were like 1 goal to 12 or something before half time. Yeah, he shone, but the team got nothing for it.

That is how I read Scarlett's rating: most impact in big games.
Bizarre. It was Ablett's fault that although he starrred in a losing Prelim final, the rest of the team was too pox to capitalise on his efforts??? Right, Ablett that night should not only have played midfield, but also should have been the crumbing goalkicker???. So that's why Scarlett doesn't rate him in his top 5??
Ablett never has helped Geelong get up when we were likely to lose??
Ablett did nothing in any of the finals and GF's?
No wonder he chose the GC option. He's really under appreciated here.

Anyway, enough about Ablett

Bizarre. It was Ablett's fault that although he starrred in a losing Prelim final, the rest of the team was too pox to capitalise on his efforts??? Right, Ablett that night should not only have played midfield, but also should have been the crumbing goalkicker???. So that's why Scarlett doesn't rate him in his top 5??
Ablett never has helped Geelong get up when we were likely to lose??
Ablett did nothing in any of the finals and GF's?
No wonder he chose the GC option. He's really under appreciated here.

Anyway, enough about Ablett

vd, i think you have missed reg's intended point.

vd, i think you have missed reg's intended point.
RH says he thinks Scarlett is of the opinion that GA had less impact in big games than the other 5. I don't disagree with RH, just with that assertion, and I truly don't believe that is Scarlett's point. Again, methinks sour grapes. Scarlett was all over GA after THE toepoke. etc.

RH says he thinks Scarlett is of the opinion that GA had less impact in big games than the other 5. I don't disagree with RH, just with that assertion, and I truly don't believe that is Scarlett's point. Again, methinks sour grapes. Scarlett was all over GA after THE toepoke. etc.

Well, it may be sour grapes too.

But the facts are there. Its a little unfair to directly compare a play maker like Ablett to someone like Reiwoldt or Franklin who can take big marks and kick big goals from limited opportunities and keep their team in the hunt.

An equivelent from a player like Ablett would be an agressive play feeding it well into a Mooney or Pods. Now, if they can't grab the ball, or they keep scoring points, then that is not Ablett's doing.

My observation from that prelim was that kind of play was almost non existant from Ablett. For me it was frustrating to watch. Little pitty pat handpasses going backwards and then demanding it back, running in circles and being more intent on beating an opponent one on one than simply drilling it down forwad..etc. Thats what I saw. And it stood out like dog's balls when Wojo grabbed the ball went for a dash down the guts and drilled it. Scarlett did the same driving it down forward. That was what we needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scarlett's Top 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back