Schizophrenia - A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: London Olympics "Racist" Logo

Vealsey... I'm not even going to get into it except to say I am sure those tortured people wandering the streets, homeless, talking to themselves and often committing suicide are not "exploring their deeper consciousness".

• Banned

Well Ill just say, they're weak and can't handle life.

Start a seperate thread on Schizo if you want. I havn't read up on it in years, but my conclusion form my research was that it is not an actual physical condition with the brain, hence why there is no cure.

Start a seperate thread on Schizo if you want. I havn't read up on it in years, but my conclusion form my research was that it is not an actual physical condition with the brain, hence why there is no cure.

Easily my favourite vealesy post of all time.

Just when you think there's nowhere else for him to go in the crazy stakes - BAM! He crashes right through that wall.

So what, it's a condition of the legs is it? I mean geez people, this paranoia against sections of the medical community is just ridiculous. Yes, Schizophrenia is a real illness, and no, psychiatrists and psychologists are not in some evil cable to convince us to buy drugs for illnesses we don't have. Yes, there is misdiagnosis, but the level of paranoia by the likes of vealesy is ridiculous. People do not naturally behave in such manners without some sort of reason. In reality, most of them just explore rabid delusions rather than the "deeper consciousness" (which you admit it has something to do with the brain).
I second J Moore's comment.

Easily my favourite vealesy post of all time.

Just when you think there's nowhere else for him to go in the crazy stakes - BAM! He crashes right through that wall.

Jacques Derrida thought it was a "language disorder"

Jacques Derrida thought it was a "language disorder"

Steve Fielding has a "language disorder". The bloke on my tram who screams and hits himself in the face with the Herald-Sun is a schitzo.

Steve Fielding has a "language disorder". The bloke on my tram who screams and hits himself in the face with the Herald-Sun is a schitzo.

I bang my head on the desk and cry when I read 'The West' newspaper aswell.

Doesn't make me schizo.

I bang my head on the desk and cry when I read 'The West' newspaper aswell.

Doesn't make me schizo.

No that's true, but one has to question your sanity for reading it in the first place!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Show me evidence of the physical damage of a diagnosed schizophrenics brain compared to that of a healthy brain then?

You don't strike me as a guy who revels in the cold hard facts of science anyway, given you entertain conspiracies about psychiatry and psychology lying to us about schizophrenia. Schizophrenia is a legitimate illness, anything which causes you to entertain mass delusions and/or a rabid personality clearly isn't right.

Show me evidence of the physical damage of a diagnosed schizophrenics brain compared to that of a healthy brain then?

First two things that popped up:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...0923f9c5b4294396dd4405e3a2595745&searchtype=a

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1755-5949.2010.00220.x/abstract

If links don't work (quite likely, I'm on university internet which may grant special access) I'll replace them with references/links to abstracts.

There are plenty more studies that show concrete neurological differences between schizophrenic patients and controls. The broad differences are quite well established, even if the exact mechanisms are still an unknown.

First two things that popped up:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...0923f9c5b4294396dd4405e3a2595745&searchtype=a

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1755-5949.2010.00220.x/abstract

If links don't work (quite likely, I'm on university internet which may grant special access) I'll replace them with references/links to abstracts.

There are plenty more studies that show concrete neurological differences between schizophrenic patients and controls. The broad differences are quite well established, even if the exact mechanisms are still an unknown.

Yeh thanks for the links. The first was better than the second, as I couldnt get any further than the first page.

So there are differences in the neuro thingy paths (layman) that are used in the brain.

I still don't take this as proof that schizophrenia is a single form of disease that exists in the brain.

I dare say theres many people out there who function differently and use different parts to the brain than what the majority do.

It doesn't make it an illness just because you are different.

It just makes you a liability to the system of control if you bend the normal trends.

Many people in the real world can do things with their minds, that no university study has either proven or debunked.

How many pre-cognitive thinkers get misdiagnosed as mentally ill? Is there a study on that?

Yeh thanks for the links. The first was better than the second, as I couldnt get any further than the first page.

So there are differences in the neuro thingy paths (layman) that are used in the brain.

I still don't take this as proof that schizophrenia is a single form of disease that exists in the brain.

I dare say theres many people out there who function differently and use different parts to the brain than what the majority do.

It doesn't make it an illness just because you are different.

It just makes you a liability to the system of control if you bend the normal trends.

Many people in the real world can do things with their minds, that no university study has either proven or debunked.

How many pre-cognitive thinkers get misdiagnosed as mentally ill? Is there a study on that?

He provided evidence, and only a tiny fraction of what's available at that, so to dismiss it with a few flippant lines expressing nothing but your personal musings is a bit bloody minded.
Perhaps you can provide a link to a few of these subjects you raise.
"pre-cognitive thinkers get misdiagnosed as mentally ill" and
"Many people in the real world can do things with their minds, that no university study has either proven or debunked."

Can't provide evidence of anecdotes.
Surely a link to those telling the anecdote is a form of evidence?

Not everything happens on the internet buddy.

Strange thing to say after you specifically asked for evidence to support another's claims?
Obviously you have none, not even anything you can write in your own words.
As I said previously you're voicing your opinion, nothing more.
Nothing wrong with that, but it's not a foundation for questioning established medical conditions or another's opinion which they can back with a raft of evidence..

Remove this Banner Ad

Schizophrenia - A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back