slimdusty4

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
ManU, UNC, Knicks, NYRangers, Yanks
im not sure if there has been a thread posted about this, but i am sick and tired of these blokes getting angry, (and with fair reason) at their teams, and taking that anger into press conferences, and taking it out on the media, and in turn, trying to intimidate some of the journos to the point that they don't want to ask questions.

i do not give a stuff if you think the questions are hard to answer, or that they are stupid questions, or if you feel as if the question is not something you should answer, don't take it out on the people interviewing you, there are 16 other coaches that turn up every weekend and answer the condescending questions, what makes you better than these guys.

their performances in press conferences are woeful, and its awful to watch, whether its short answers, tone, dismissing questions, or just being antagonistic, its awful.

incidentally, it was more chris scott this week who offered absolute duck eggs, as apposed to brad.

Hmm wonder where they learnt that from. Mick Malthouse maybe?

Personally some of the questions are just mind numbing. Half of big footy has a better idea of what took place on field than the journos.

They've certainly got nothing on Bill Belichick or Pop.

I'm biased but I've actually thought Chris Scott has always been really good at press conferences. Jokes with the journos, puts the onus of writing stories on them rather than giving too much away and is generally calm and reflective. He certainly doesn't bully like Mick Malthouse or blow his stack like Clarkson.

Difference is that Malthouse is funny, weather he try's to be or not. He's clever and is comical. The Scott brothers are childish and I'd be ashamed if I supported either of those clubs.

I'm biased but I've actually thought Chris Scott has always been really good at press conferences. Jokes with the journos, puts the onus of writing stories on them rather than giving too much away and is generally calm and reflective. He certainly doesn't bully like Mick Malthouse or blow his stack like Clarkson.

yeah i did have a chuckle.
and you are all probably right, but you know what, like i said 16 other coaches (15, because mick is a bit iffy also), seem to manage just fine with the media, why can't they.

John Worsfold has spent the last two weeks giving vague, monosyllabic answers in response to he's teams performance and hes future coaching roles in every press conference he has attended, but no Chris and Brad are the worst...
Mick Malthouse just spent a week giving it the the media every chance he got, not to mention the last 20 odd years, but no, Chris and Brad are the worst...
Al Clarkson called a journo a ******** and punched a wall after a lose, but no, Chris and Brad are the worst...

I have actually watched Chris Scott's press conferences every week he's been at the club and i struggle to see your point, he couldn't of been better at dealing with the media. What was you expectation of how he should perform after a lose like that? be all smiles and sunshine? Get a clue.

What was wrong with Chris Scott this week?... I was impressed with how restrained and controlled he was. He handles himself fine and I would implore anyone who stumbles upon this thread go and watch it before making stupid, generalizing comments about him.

In every press conference he is pretty consistent at not wanting to comment on aspects of the game he hasn't had the time to analyze properly, without emotion. He is honest about that, and it is his prerogative. Can't imagine how that press conference could offend anyone to the point of making a thread to have a whine about it. Baffling.

incidentally, it was more chris scott this week who offered absolute duck eggs, as apposed to brad.

i just watched chris' press conference 30 minutes ago, and thought he was fine.

even made a joke and had a laugh with them in the last 30 seconds about 'getting their stories in on time'.

generally a good performer, and has been saying for weeks how our form belied our ladder position.

after losing a game like that, i dont think anyone would want to go through the motions of a press conference. especially when they get questions like 'are the players angry?'

i find him to be an excellent media performer - honest, generally insightful, some humour...

but everyone will see it differently, i guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The OP is demonstrating a clear prejudice against twins because of their status as a multiple. I think its called twin discrimination. Of course the Scott twins will behave similarly. On the Mick Malthouse scale, the Scott twins are gentlemen

How many of the Scott brothers press conferences have you seen? More importantly why would a Richmond supporter care how they conduct themselves in a press conference?

lol, i actually watched several press conferences before i posted.
the geelong north game, the west coast north game, chris scotts from last night, like i said, i completely understand the media can ask stupid questions at times, but 90% of coaches manage to turn up, and deal with it, and most of the time chris is fine too (mind you he has only dropped about a dozen games all up), what i can't understand is why they seem to take their frustration out on the media ect. when nobody else finds the need to.

im not sure if there has been a thread posted about this, but i am sick and tired of these blokes getting angry, (and with fair reason) at their teams, and taking that anger into press conferences, and taking it out on the media, and in turn, trying to intimidate some of the journos to the point that they don't want to ask questions.

i do not give a stuff if you think the questions are hard to answer, or that they are stupid questions, or if you feel as if the question is not something you should answer, don't take it out on the people interviewing you, there are 16 other coaches that turn up every weekend and answer the condescending questions, what makes you better than these guys.

their performances in press conferences are woeful, and its awful to watch, whether its short answers, tone, dismissing questions, or just being antagonistic, its awful.

You leave Brad Scott out of this Mister! Bradley likes parrots! ....Bradley loves Parrots :(

lol, i actually watched several press conferences before i posted.
the geelong north game, the west coast north game, chris scotts from last night, like i said, i completely understand the media can ask stupid questions at times, but 90% of coaches manage to turn up, and deal with it, and most of the time chris is fine too (mind you he has only dropped about a dozen games all up), what i can't understand is why they seem to take their frustration out on the media ect. when nobody else finds the need to.

I cannot see how Chris especially can be highlighted as this, takes 'frustration' out on the media, doesn't turn up... total bullshit built around a press conference that was ridiculously normal! They had a laugh at the end, and he gave the media as much as he ever does (always with respect and honestly explains why he wants to wait to give more insight with time to have a think, which he usually then does with his weekly press conference). I'll say it again, baffling how that presser has gotten you worked up.

Can't speak for Chris but Brad never does this. Watch one of his press conferences. He actually sounds incredibly calm for how shit out current form is.

At the very least the coaches should treat their own fan base with respect and not answer questions in a manner that insults the intelligence of their own clubs fans.

Chris Scott has never done this and only now with the results going south do North fans seem to think Brad might be taking them for a ride.

I think Mark Harvey's litany of excuses when he was Freo coach or Mark Neeld's recent optimism about his long-term future at Melbourne insulted the intelligence of their own fans. To me that is much poorer conduct in the media than getting angry at the press pack or an interviewer.

I wouldn't say either of them try intimidate journos, Malthouse is the only genuine bully out there.

Haven't noticed any problems with Chris at all, and if his last name wasn't Scott I doubt anyone would think of lumping him in with Brad.

Brad can be highly amusing at times, one of the more interesting coaches to listen to for neutrals. Glad it's not my team's coach carrying on like he does at times though, we had enough of that shit with Harvey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back