Scott Calyton just how good a judge is he ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Clayton was successful for the Bears/Lions, but overall for us , a failure. The evidence is in our declining performance over the last 4 or 5 years, not just from when Rohde took over.
Admittedly Rohde has made things much worse.
Clayton, for us however, is overrated!

• Banned
Originally posted by Libba_39
Clayton was successful for the Bears/Lions, but overall for us , a failure. The evidence is in our declining performance over the last 4 or 5 years, not just from when Rohde took over.
Admittedly Rohde has made things much worse.
Clayton, for us however, is overrated!

Didnt he have some very early picks at Brisbane. I am interested to know what he did with his middle and late picks. Cooney and ray picked themselves this year.

But even Ray has problems with his kicking!
It may not be that easy to iron that out.
Kicking is a vey important part of football.

It's ridiculous trying to single out Clayton for our problems. Certainly don't know why you're complaining about Bowden - he was one of our few shining lights today.

The blame falls first and foremost with the players:

-Eagleton made AWFUL mistakes.
-In the words of Denis Commetti, Robbins and Guido should be kicking themselves after today's performance but with their luck they'd probably miss
-Smith's kickout ->What the hell was that!?
-Boyd was consistently slow to react
-Street can't get the ball
-Players couldn't keep their feet

When the game was there to be won, they all capitulated and that's their fault. All of them are physically capable of hitting a target. Hell in times past they have actually done it! But they are mentally weak and don't take responsibility for their actions. They just seem to shrug it off and hope someone else will do the hard work.

Originally posted by STARSHIPTROOPER
Didnt he have some very early picks at Brisbane. I am interested to know what he did with his middle and late picks. Cooney and ray picked themselves this year.

Clayton is a master. Not his fault Rhode is a worse coach than Tim Watson.

Clayton picked up Daniel Bradshaw in the 50s, Beau McDonald even later, Chris Scott in the teens. Can't remember others from the top of my head.

Clayton has drafted for us for 5 years now and the only player still not on the list is Colbert (i don't count James as he is mature player selected by Wallace). Apart from Wiggins, I can say with 90% certainty that if we delist any Clayton draftees, another club will pick them up.

• Banned
Originally posted by HK_Bulldog

Clayton has drafted for us for 5 years now and the only player still not on the list is Colbert (i don't count James as he is mature player selected by Wallace). Apart from Wiggins, I can say with 90% certainty that if we delist any Clayton draftees, another club will pick them up.

Been in the job for 5 has he.

Well we have the worst list in the AFL. Can you name me one that we are better than.

We have the worst coach in the AFL.
No way known we have the worst list in the AFL. Carlton, Hawthorn, Richmond, Collingwood, Kangaroos, Melbourne, Geelong all have inferior lists.

The oldest Clayton draftee is 22yrs old. Half of those are playing seniors. The other half are going to win Werribee the premiership this year.

Originally posted by HK_Bulldog
We have the worst coach in the AFL.
No way known we have the worst list in the AFL. Carlton, Hawthorn, Richmond, Collingwood, Kangaroos, Melbourne, Geelong all have inferior lists.

The oldest Clayton draftee is 22yrs old. Half of those are playing seniors. The other half are going to win Werribee the premiership this year.

Fantasy Land is very popular after another loss with our great list. They cant even kick a simple goal. Such talent we are surely blessed.

Originally posted by STARSHIPTROOPER
Well we have the worst list in the AFL. Can you name me one that we are better than.
Thats BS, we had Richmond on toast but bad kicking. Our list is better. The list isn't the only thing that counts on the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Ching
Thats BS, we had Richmond on toast but bad kicking. Our list is better. The list isn't the only thing that counts on the ground.

No, but the none performance of rudementary skills on the field rests with a player.

And we have the greatest amount of duds than any other team are large number of them are mentally soft and physically inept.

Originally posted by Borgsta
yeah that harris guy that he picked up at 71 is a dud.
sack him, sack the coach, sack cameron rose, sack the players and finally sack the club:eek:
Borgasta you really think Harris is a dud????you are joking ar'nt you

Originally posted by Sporty Spice
3 Premierships in a row and a 4th year in the finals coming up - I'd say Brisbane supporters would think he was ok.

Jonathan Brown, Mel Michael and a extended salary cap plus mathews he sure is a genius. I would say he has a questionable record when he hasnt had early picks.

Originally posted by doggies40
So he didnt pick up mitcha then?

Huh!? Okay, 23 then....
The point I was trying to make is that all Clayton's draftees are still kids yet to enter their prime. Yet they are asked to shoulder a large load because Kleiman could pick his nose.

Originally posted by Borgsta
yeah that harris guy that he picked up at 71 is a dud.
sack him, sack the coach, sack cameron rose, sack the players and finally sack the club:eek:

Harris is promising thats all. He has hopefully a long career to develop that promise
On the other stuff
You have gone of on your own agenda again. Probably should have started another thread.

Originally posted by Anja_Nees
-Street can't get the ball

pardon me but I had to laugh today, we offered up Hall in the Brown trade and some genius at Dogland in their infinite wisdom declined the offer, sold the grandstand for no kick strett and then ...wait for it went and recruited morgon from port..what for to bolster Werribee....Im glad we hung onto Hally he has improved heaps and gave ol rawlings a decent ol touch up

Originally posted by rioli17
pardon me but I had to laugh today, we offered up Hall in the Brown trade and some genius at Dogland in their infinite wisdom declined the offer, sold the grandstand for no kick strett and then ...wait for it went and recruited morgon from port..what for to bolster Werribee....Im glad we hung onto Hally he has improved heaps and gave ol rawlings a decent ol touch up

Coming from a club that recruits jems like Fiora and Pettifer, I dont really think you're in position to throw stones about recruiting stuff ups.

Originally posted by Leon
Coming from a club that recruits jems like Fiora and Pettifer, I dont really think you're in position to throw stones about recruiting stuff ups.

Or the fact that between Richo, Campbell, Gasper, Brown and Johnson they've almost spent their entire salary cap.

Originally posted by Leon

nothing wrong with fiora....if half your mob showed the ticker of aaron youd nbe better for it ..alas solariums, waxes and blow waves appear to be the order of the day down at doglands

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott Calyton just how good a judge is he ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back